Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210404 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 26.1: The RNG hates Draignean 1.
« Reply #675 on: December 26, 2011, 03:15:01 am »

Why are you bohering with this game on Christmas, mang?

Ask him about magic. How, and why it works?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 27: Magicthings, Argumentthings, Drowningthings.
« Reply #676 on: December 26, 2011, 11:56:36 pm »

Christmas gift turn is a go. Everyone may get presents, if they answer this question:

What would be the top 3 things your character would want?

I, or the RNG, will choose which one you get. If all are past what I'm accepting, I'll just give you a money bill instead.

You will not get presents at all if you do not answer this question before the next turn, because you don't deserve a present if you don't read the entire turn or at least the top. Deal with it.

Take down one of the boars using the element of SURPRISE.
[Agi:4]: You smash down on the head of one of the boars. It dies with a quick scream.

The other boars roar at you angrily. On closer inspection they are rather large boars with large tusks that could hurt you severely.

Agree to the trade, I have to start somewhere after all. Ask what other spells he has of use after attempting to cast it somewhere outside of his building.
You agree to the trade.

"Alright, if you say so. Stand still; this might hurt. I'm not a dragon so I couldn't say, but I'd imagine it would be like plucking a hair--err, not that you would know what that's like, because you're not a human."

As soon as he stops speaking, he plucks a scale from your tail. OW! Painful!

"Alright, thanks. Here's a scroll that details the spell."

Spoiler: Scroll (click to show/hide)

You then try to cast it outside. [Int:1+1] The spell fizzles out before you, causing a small flame on the ground of almost no significance. How humiliating.

You then ask him about any other spells of use he has. He shrugs. "Care to be more specific?"

Anthramarux-obeying some strange order in the back of her mind-gargled the salt water from the pit and spit it back out, cleaning that foul stink from her mouth. Freshness!

She catalouged everything in her mind. This would be a fine cave, a little bit smelly, but probably very safe. Ahh, there was one thing to do though...she hoped Mother hadn't been worrying about her, or starting doing something rash.

Action: Head back to Mothers cave-remembering the route and landmarks so I can travel between the two easily enough.

If I get there with no interruptions, it's time we had a talk...

You fly back to your mother's place, following the local landmarks and such. Basically back-tracking but with a shorter path.

When you get back home, you hear an intense verbal argument between your mother and a human woman. On closer inspection, the woman is Janette, and she has at least 20 knights with her, likely for protection. As, well, she is talking to your mother, a dragon. Janette is also wearing heavy armor.

"You knew that we needed that money for taxes to pay for the recent Sore-eye disease vaccine debts we've been piling up. Yet you took it anyway!" Janette shouts out.

"You would have never got any of the money at all if the dragon had reached your village." Your mother responds.

"We had some of the best guards in Isrand protecting that convoy. Including THREE known dragon slayers. They could have easily handled that dragon!"

"He was an old dragon, possessing strength and knowledge that would have made it a one-sided fight."

"We had top of the line equipment, of Mithril and Ebony, and several dozen archers, and a dozen mages. There's no way he could have made it past them. Now, stop trying to argue with me, I remember your tricks two months ago with that young dragon."

"He was a reborn dragon, reborn from one of the mightiest of our kind, and he kept all of his memories including his magical knowledge."

"I had five of our best mages check him out, and we did not see anything out of the ordinary with his soul's Aftertouch or magical abilities."

"You're arrogant and stupid, like the rest of your race. He was a reborn dragon. I checked him myself, Only us dragons can detect how old another dragon's soul is!"

"You're lying, greedy, and evil, like the rest of your race. He was nothing but a young dragon picking on things mightier than him! This conversation, is over."

Janette gets her horse walking away. "You are pushing my patience, Talathraxis. Do not continue your tactics, or someone will pay in blood." Then Janette makes her horse run. Her knights follow. She passes a angry glance at you. The anger is that of deep suppressed anger through many years.

You land on the ground. Your mother looks both angry, somewhat scared, and questioning of herself for a split second before she sees you again. "Anthramarux! Where have you been?!" And her emotion promptly turns to pure anger.

Grab a handful of rocks, throw at the crystal, and run like hell.
[Agi:5+1]: You throw a rock at the crystal. The crystal breaks. You run.

...Nothing happens.

While Kin could go all day long hauling the precious metal, something of a higher importance made itself clear. He was hungry and could eat a horse if he had one. But he didn't. It was time for some hunting.

Since there would be little to hunt for this high up Kin decided to try his luck down at the forest, a hunting ground he spent years looking for food.
Your stomach growling, you fly out over the woods, looking for something to eat.

[3]: You see a lot of young deers, foxes, and a few wolves, but nothing very filling.

Fly. Quickly. Make my way back to the first craggy area impassable to foot traffic, preferably a cold craggy area.
You lift off the ground, and try to fly away.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Like a bolt of lightning, you're gone in the blink of an eye.

Goliath screams "Cowaaaaarrrd!" as you fly away.

You hide on the top of a rock outcropping several miles away.

You now notice that your neck is bleeding at a worrying speed, and you may get infections even if you don't bleed out. You need to see some help, quick.

Fly away
Screaming in pain, you fly as hard as you can. [Agi:6] You find the ground passing by at an extremely fast speed and you smack into the side of a hill, hurting yourself somewhat, but it's nothing serious.

You're safe, at least. However, your heart and lungs feel poorly.

-1 HP.
+1 Agility.

WRETCH! FILTH! Raikonai screamed inside his own head. MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!

Attempt to swim across lake.
[Str:1+1][Corruption OVERWRITE]: As you try to swim across the lake, you find that you are fighting a losing battle. Your head is sinking under the water way too much. When, suddenly, your legs seize and you start sinking. Oh crap...

I warned you. You will be punished severely once you die. There, you will be unable to resist me in Inn'ahar's realm and your suffering will be legendary.

Drowning Slightly: You are cut off from air and stuck underneath a liquid. Roll Toughness each turn drowning, with a -1 penalty every turn. Roll a 2, and lose 10% max HP. Roll a 1, and lose 25% max HP. Roll less than 1, and lose 50% max HP.

Attempt to look for a Mage, a Wizard, or something other that is magical.

I think that dragons are magical, right? They have associations with them... and then there are the old tales.

You look around for a mage of some sort. After walking around for a few minutes, you find a building with a old man in awfully mage-looking robes fiddling around with his front sign, which says "Salvon's General Magical Assistance".

You walk up to him, and poke him. He turns around, looks at you closely... then mutters "I must be seeing things", and rubs his eyes.

Still in disbelief, he overs his eyes for five seconds, turns around three times, and looks at you again. He has a confused look on his eyes.

He then pokes you several times, before finally believing that you are real.

"Uh... errr... apologies, but we don't see dragons around here all that often, especially inside the city. so I thought I had been hallucinating. So, what can an old mage do for you?"

Ask him about magic. How, and why it works?
"Magic still causes us to scratch our heads to this day, but we do know a small amount of the question you ask."

"Magic works by turning a energy into another energy of the caster's energy. The energy being converted specifically is the energy of one's soul. The conversion causes no ill effects if you do not push or are not pushed too far past your normal limit as the energy us usually excess energy. However, if you push yourself pr are pushed by someone else too far, part of your soul might be converted into energy, and when you die, your soul may be 'broken', causing a range of effects from being unable to leave your body, to being unable to enter the heavens or hells. Or possibly even worse. Converting part of your soul may also lead to personality loss, loss of ability to control or even use magic, chaotic emotions, loss of self-identity, and other nasty stuff.

"Magic works because it's Oldon's gift to all creatures everywhere. As to why he gave the gift, he says we couldn't possibly understand. But, the other gods seem content with magic, so we can only assume it has a good effect somehow."

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Helten army 3 moves east, engaging Sarduk army 3.

Spoiler: The War of Beliefs (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 27, 2011, 12:05:17 am »

Not a very ambiguous title for some of us.

Raikonai just gave an incoherent scream of rage in his head. Then he focused on not dying.

Get back to shore.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 27, 2011, 12:06:30 am »

*Pokes Irony* Present you. Take advantage of it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 27, 2011, 12:07:36 am »

1. The courage to face down a human.
2. Knowledge (Read: Magic). Trauma did not lessen the thirst for that. (Also everyone seems to be going the magic using route, so I feel kinda unoriginal I guess.) [Hidden mountain-embedded library!?]
3. Armor would be nice.

Investigate what all happened to the crystal and it's energies.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:12:42 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 27, 2011, 12:08:06 am »

I'm going to, but I need time to think about it. "This thing off my soul" would be cheating, after all. :P

Actually, here's a good question: When you say "presents," do you mean physical items or could it be something else?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 27, 2011, 12:10:22 am »

Physical items, but can be of many types. And it can change things that are not physical.

You can wish for something else, and unless it's utterly impossible for some physical item to change that, the wish will be fulfilled.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 27, 2011, 12:43:44 am »

Hm, how about this:

1. Necromancy Tome. Raising undead horrors in particular.

2. Study Book. Raikonai is rather upset about his low Int, especially in light of the curse.

3. Scale Polish. Even more charismatic than before!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 27, 2011, 01:02:19 am »

Quick question: This offer only for people in game, or can those of us on the waitlist get in on the gift action? :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 27, 2011, 02:02:27 am »

Only for those in the game right now.

I would be nice and give it to waitlisters now that you mention it, but honestly I think I should remain firm for the sake of being firm, if you know what I mean.

Plus, how would I remember it for the waitlisters?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 27, 2011, 02:07:58 am »

Anthrmarux had never seen mother this angry. She approached carefully, keeping herself low to the ground.

"I was just exploring the countryside, mother. It was a fine day for flying...please don't be angry with me..."

In fact, Anthramarux was trying to keep her own anger from rising. Mothers controlling nature had begun to wear very thin over the last few years.

Yet, she knew in a prospective fight, it ended 90% of the time with her dead at her Mothers claws-hardly a pleasing end to her young life. So, she tried to keep calm and talk it out.

What would be the top 3 things your character would want?

Anthramarux would want...

1. Abilty to disguise herself as a Human
2. Str or Agi Boosting artifact
3. Knowledge of Engineering-traps, doors, levees, canals...to make the ultimate cave!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 02:13:11 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 27, 2011, 02:11:44 am »

Only for those in the game right now.

I would be nice and give it to waitlisters now that you mention it, but honestly I think I should remain firm for the sake of being firm, if you know what I mean.

Plus, how would I remember it for the waitlisters?

No problem, just thought I would ask. Bolded part is a good point, too. :P Especially since I think I've got quite a few people ahead of me. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 27, 2011, 02:14:29 am »

Anthrmarux had never seen mother this angry. She approached carefully, keeping herself low to the ground.

"I was just exploring the countryside, mother. It was a fine day for flying...please don't be angry with me..."

In fact, Anthramarux was trying to keep her own anger from rising. Mothers controlling nature had begun to wear very thin over the last few years.

Yet, she knew in a prospective fight, it ended 90% of the time with her dead at her Mothers claws-hardly a pleasing end to her young life. So, she tried to keep calm and talk it out.
"You should have told me! I'm your mother! Did you ever consider that I might have gotten worried whenever I looked all over the cave and didn't find you?!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 27, 2011, 02:31:35 am »

Anthramarux found herself rising up to the challenge. She snorted impatiently.

"You were asleep, and I didn't want to wake you.

Granted, I didn't expect to be out as long as I did, I just lost track of time...for that, I apologize.

But, you shouldn't worry so much Mother...I can take care of myself-your daughter is no longer a helpless hatchling.

She can defend herself!"

Anthramarux felt the need to brag, even if it wasn't the wisest thing.

"Indeed. I've already found a cave that will suit my needs-I slew and feasted on these beastly inhabitants with ease...claimed it as my own."

Anthramarux felt a pang of true regret at that-things changed...she had finally out grown the need for her Mother to take care of her.

Her tone calmed and became more steady. Trying to calm the rage in her Mothers eyes. She was slightly afraid-in her Mothers cold blue eyes, the love for her daughter had been quenched, replaced by the fury of the Dragon, unrestrained.

"I can not stay under your wings forever, Mother, no matter how much I would like to.

You once told me I would experience life myself one day-the bad parts and the good parts. I need to do that. If you love me...you'll understand. "

There. The ultimatum was set. Anthramrux rose to her full height. Preparing to fly, if needed-or fight, if she had to.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 27, 2011, 02:57:32 am »

Anthramarux found herself rising up to the challenge. She snorted impatiently.

"You were asleep, and I didn't want to wake you.

Granted, I didn't expect to be out as long as I did, I just lost track of time...for that, I apologize.

But, you shouldn't worry so much Mother...I can take care of myself-your daughter is no longer a helpless hatchling.

She can defend herself!"

Anthramarux felt the need to brag, even if it wasn't the wisest thing.

"Indeed. I've already found a cave that will suit my needs-I slew and feasted on these beastly inhabitants with ease...claimed it as my own."

Anthramarux felt a pang of true regret at that-things changed...she had finally out grown the need for her Mother to take care of her.

Her tone calmed and became more steady. Trying to calm the rage in her Mothers eyes. She was slightly afraid-in her Mothers cold blue eyes, the love for her daughter had been quenched, replaced by the fury of the Dragon, unrestrained.

"I can not stay under your wings forever, Mother, no matter how much I would like to.

You once told me I would experience life myself one day-the bad parts and the good parts. I need to do that. If you love me...you'll understand. "

There. The ultimatum was set. Anthramrux rose to her full height. Preparing to fly, if needed-or fight, if she had to.
The moment you stop speaking, you see something die inside your mother through her eyes. Mother now bears an emotion that you cannot identify. Stunned and depressed is the best equivalent you can think of.

"I... see. You no longer need me... Go then, be free... if that is what you wish."

Mother then goes deeper into her cave, with a slow walk. It's quite obvious that you've hurt her severely. Possibly even crippled her with Janette's help. You're pretty sure most of her love for you is gone now.

((Wow, man, you're harsh on your mother.))
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 136