Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210395 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 27: Magicthings, Argumentthings, Drowningthings.
« Reply #690 on: December 27, 2011, 03:14:35 am »

Anthramarux words had cut deeper than she intended.

She watched her mother leave. Slammed a claw into the ground, enraged.  Why!? Why couldn't she understand! Why was everything so difficult with her!

She was mad-and afraid as well, realizing too late how much her Mother had valued her after Father had passed... Freedom was surely ahead of her...but at this price?

Anthramarux followed her Mother into the cave, not caring about what might happen, only what could happen if she didn't try. She was not heartless enough to leave her mother in such despair-not yet, anyway.

"Mother, forgive me! I spoke too harshly! Please, Forgive me...I still love you...I still need you to love me..."

Anthramarux had fallen into the trap-your Freedom came with a measure of loneliness...but the young never understood that. So, she was desperate.

OOC: Ah man, I'm tearing up here.  My RL Mom left my family when I was a kid. This stuff hits home for me.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 27, 2011, 04:04:17 am »

Anthramarux words had cut deeper than she intended.

She watched her mother leave. Slammed a claw into the ground, enraged.  Why!? Why couldn't she understand! Why was everything so difficult with her!

She was mad-and afraid as well, realizing too late how much her Mother had valued her after Father had passed... Freedom was surely ahead of her...but at this price?

Anthramarux followed her Mother into the cave, not caring about what might happen, only what could happen if she didn't try. She was not heartless enough to leave her mother in such despair-not yet, anyway.

"Mother, forgive me! I spoke too harshly! Please, Forgive me...I still love you...I still need you to love me..."

Anthramarux had fallen into the trap-your Freedom came with a measure of loneliness...but the young never understood that. So, she was desperate.
You beg mother to forgive you, realizing how much you've hurt your mother. Your words maker her happier... kind of. She's less depressed, but still extremely sad, and she cannot bear to look you in the eyes.

"No... no you're right, it's time for you to leave the nest. I was too protective of you..."

She hands you a magical ring.

"Take the ring, the world is a harsh one... Goodbye, my daughter, I'll... always love you." She says in a tone where you're not entirely sure if there's any love. Too much sorrow to tell.

You have a feeling that mother might be done with you for now, she needs time alone. She grabs a small human-made box, with the word "Chocolate" on it, and the ring she typically uses to assume human form to read stuff or eat special human food. She usually pulls out Chocolate when she's upset...

Gained: Ring of Dodging: +1 to Dodging rolls.

OOC: Ah man, I'm tearing up here.  My RL Mom left my family when I was a kid. This stuff hits home for me.
Oh man, that's really harsh.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 27, 2011, 06:47:37 am »

1. Willing, loyal human followers
2. A big fat pile of Intelligence-boosting books
3. I dunno, a mirror? I'm so pretty´

'That doesn't sound right. Are you sure this 'Olden' is benevolent?'

'Speaking of the gods, what can you tell me of them? Do you worship a god, and if so, why? How does it benefit you? I'm sorry if I'm beginning to sound rude, I do have little experience with the divine.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 27, 2011, 07:00:33 am »

'That doesn't sound right. Are you sure this 'Olden' is benevolent?'

'Speaking of the gods, what can you tell me of them? Do you worship a god, and if so, why? How does it benefit you? I'm sorry if I'm beginning to sound rude, I do have little experience with the divine.'

"Olden is definitely benevolent. He is located in the Skyward Pantheon, which only has gods of good in it. Other gods would not tolerate him there if he wasn't benevolent."

"I worship any god whenever I feel like they deserve appreciation. A sort of prayer-for-gift deal, if you know what I mean. I just have too much to read to worship them for no reason. You'll have to ask priests to hear benefits, as they're 80% of the people who are granted boons from the gods regularly. I am not granted anything significant often. Though Annio, the god of Knowledge, has granted me the ability to read Elven before when I asked him nicely. I guess he really wanted us to know what those scrolls said, though all they really contained was the shipment orders of the elves from several hundreds of years ago... That, or just being a scholar is a sort of worship to him so he was willing to fulfill my wish. I have no idea. Gods are confusing, truly."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 27, 2011, 08:33:19 am »

'I am beginning to see that. Thank you for your time. I don't think I caught your name..?'

Head up and away, begin looking for my own lair in the mountains
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 27, 2011, 09:05:42 am »

Nuvian snarled. What did these fell creatures thing they could do to harm her? She was a dragon, and an agile one at that. Attack them anyway from behind and above!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 27, 2011, 10:18:57 am »

"Something that could be useful in defense, a shielding spell or a counterattacking one perhaps. Maybe one that turns arrows into gold or silver if there aren't any useful shielding ones for a dragon."

1. A bunch of Int boosting books
2. Something to help my agility
3. Maybe a bit more silver?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 27, 2011, 10:24:36 am »

Anthrmarux nodded, slipping the magic ring on her furthest left claw-she noticed it changed size to fit her perfectly, as magic rings were prone to do. She instantly felt a sense of...warmth and protection. She felt more agile, more aware...as if someone was watching over and helping her from afar.

She's not surprised at the inscription on the ring.

...our Love defies Fate...

She supposed Father had worn the rings twin.

"You trained me well, Mother. I'll be alright...and I'll be sure to come visit you, now and again...you keep yourself safe for me, alright?"

Words would have only further complicated things, so Anthramarux left and began flying back to her own cave. She was lost in contemplation, watching the ground roll out under her. You can never go Home again...

Action: Wear the ring! Fly back to my home cave in subdued grief.

Anthramarux is extremely distracted, and not likely to notice anything on the way.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 27.1: A Mildly Boaring Fight.
« Reply #698 on: December 27, 2011, 02:43:05 pm »

Nuvian snarled. What did these fell creatures thing they could do to harm her? She was a dragon, and an agile one at that. Attack them anyway from behind and above!
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

As multiple boars charge, you fly up and attempt to get behind the boars.

Kinda difficult when there's six of them.

[Agi:3]: You don't see any openings from behind. You try to rip one off the ground next.

[Agi:3][Boar Agi:1]: You're not very fast, but the boar is just plain sluggish. You send a large boar flying where it hits the ground with a hard crunch.

[Agi:1][Boar Agi:5]: As you try to get one off and flying like the previous one, you crash into the ground. Not so agile now, eh? The boars are going to get another go at you.

...If you didn't fly away. Again.

[Agi:1][Boar Agi:1]: You smack into a boar instead of picking it up. You're on the ground yet again.

The boars reach you before you take off this time.

[MBoar1 Agi:5][Agi:5]: The first boar's tusks barely miss you.

[LBoar1 Agi:5][Agi:1][Diff:4, +50%][Dam:1 out of 1d4, +50%, 2]: The second one gores you in your chest. Thankfully, it's at an angle which your scales deflect, but you still take some damage.

[MBoar3 Agi:4][Agi:1][Diff: 3, +20%][Diff:1 out of 1d2, +20%, 2]: The third one gets you in the stomach, sticking it's tusks deep. Thankfully the tusks aren't that large.

You fly up, bleeding slightly. You decide to ponder your next actions now that you're hurt.

((You're... not actually very agile. I don't know why you would think that, but okay.))

"Something that could be useful in defense, a shielding spell or a counterattacking one perhaps. Maybe one that turns arrows into gold or silver if there aren't any useful shielding ones for a dragon."
"I have... several dozen shield spells. You need to be more specific. None that change arrows into silver or gold, though."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 27, 2011, 02:51:48 pm »

"Alright then, a shield spell for dragon-sized protection against melee weaponry; swords and axes and spears, things like that. Won't hurt to have extra protection."
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 27, 2011, 03:03:55 pm »

"Alright then, a shield spell for dragon-sized protection against melee weaponry; swords and axes and spears, things like that. Won't hurt to have extra protection."
"Riiiight."

He shuffles through some scrolls, picking up several then turning to you.

"What strength? Weak, Medium, Strong, something else?"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 27, 2011, 03:11:22 pm »

I figured 50 was "pretty good" agility, but I guess not. Charisma has so far proved pretty useless. I've been wanting to try this for a while anyway, so:

Breathe on a few with energy breath.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 27, 2011, 03:13:21 pm »

Medium strength, I suppose.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 27, 2011, 03:30:43 pm »

I figured 50 was "pretty good" agility, but I guess not. Charisma has so far proved pretty useless.
50 is standard. The average. Not even close to "pretty good".

Charisma has proved useless because so far you've only talked to one demon with a job, and an old war veteran who you didn't even try to persuade or intimidate in any shape or form.

It's not that the stat is useless, it's that the user is not using it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 27, 2011, 03:32:44 pm »

Yeah, you're right. But out of curiosity: What did I not do that the other players did that caused them to start on these grand adventures? What did I miss here? Did I not wander to the right locations? I tried exploring, but was told I had no idea where I was going (no specific location to go to). The demon didn't have anything for me to do. Maybe I needed to try to sooth the angry villagers. I mean, I could go back and read, and I probably need to do that when I get a bunch of free time. Would you prefer me be more creative in my actions? Roleplay them out more?

Maybe I'm coming at this from the wrong direction, but it just seems like there's something I'm not doing right here.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 03:39:16 pm by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 136