Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210428 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
-Nothing to see here-
« Reply #735 on: January 08, 2012, 06:16:37 am »

Double posted by accident, see below for turn.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:27:52 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 29: Danger Room, Pills, Altars, Clothes, Fugging.
« Reply #736 on: January 08, 2012, 06:18:25 am »

Right. Drag's time is up and he will be automated. He has two more chances to post an action before he is kicked. Hopefully he'll come back before then, but I worry that Drag may never come back to the forum as he's been gone for a while without notice.

Also, Talarion and Repulsion are one PM away from automation without PM now. I'm only counting up to the PM in the 29th last year in December, so be thankful, because Repulsion would have otherwise hit his limit by now.

Finally, on an unrelated note, the list of gods is half complete, and I am now making a list of cities who's names and/or state have been discovered like a sensible person would, rather than just trying to remember it.

Oh, and I just realized that back in turn 20 the Western Alliance should have lost relations towards dragons, but I forgot. It is now fixed.

"Yes, I'll buy it, but I believe that will be the last thing I'll buy."

Test the Danger Room 2000, hopefully get a bit stronger or more durable.

"Very well, thank you for your purchases, good luck with using them."

He plucks five scales from various points on your body. It's painful, but nothing serious. Then he hands you the spell scroll.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You test out the room. As you open the box, time slows down and eventually reaches a pause. Then, you are teleported into some strange blank stone room with holes all over the ground.

Suddenly, spears that hurt severely, but don't wound, start jutting out of the floor. Almost against your will, you attempt to dodge them.

This continues for a few hours if you'd have to guess. By the time you're done, you're about ready to fall down due to exhaustion. Then, the world warps back.

The man is in the same position as he was before you started, and you are not tired anymore. However, you move with a certain... grace, compared to what you used to move like.

Gained item: Partially read scroll of Medium Physical Shield.
+5 Agility.

Satisfied with the state of the cave for the moment, Scientia turns her attention outwards.
Explore the contents of my territory.
You explore your territory. It's a low but large mountain range, with a fairly alpine climate. Interesting rolls:[3][2][5][3]. The most prominent feature around is a large ruin of some sort. Human make, hundreds of years old. Next, are a few strange groves with a magical aura about them. Lastly, There is a very large and old tree sitting on a hill, but there is no magical aura near it.

You eat the pill. Suddenly, you feel as though something is hugging you... mother...

She tells you that you don't need to fear the humans, they aren't all bad people and they aren't all that strong. Despite how non-comforting the words are, you find your fear of humans lifted as though something directly removed your fear.

Lost status: Deep Fear of Humans.

So pretty-

This will have to do temporarily. Set up inside, stash the mirror in a safe place so I can stare at myself every night.
You set up in your dirty cave. You hide the mirror behind a dirt lump at the entrance, to the side. The only way anyone would notice it is if they were hiding from you and thus standing right next to it.

Nuvian ate of the charred animals for a few minutes, then headed off west. She was determined to see what she could find.
You eat the poor boars then head west to check out what's around. [1][5][1]: Everything is pretty average, besides a huge clearing to a strange structure which appears to be... an altar of some sort. And a fairly impressive one at that. It's definitely not human, elven, or dwarven in make. The clearing is covered with bones and rusted weapons on top of lush grass.

Anthramarux didn't know what she had done to warrant divine intervention-aside from being a horrible daughter and killing lots of crabs...but, it was interesting all the same.

She had heard her mothers stories of her father-how he had travelled among the Humans as one of them, and played pretty music...and, though she never said it out loud, Mother had hinted she had might even have been a complete Human herself long ago. Granted, they had never discussed that in depth.

Aside from the obvious benefits, there was opportunity to be gained from being able to talk to Humans without looking like a Dragon.

Maybe they wouldn't shoot arrows at her now, and she could walk into buildings without destroying them and angering the owners. She knew, since she had tried.

Anthramarux figured she needed clothes, first-if only to deny Tarran God some erotic excitement from seeing her Human form bounce and stumble around suggestively. On that matter, she wondered what her Human form would look like. Would it be her own Dragon soul reflected as a Human? Would she able to consciously choose? Would she have feelings like a Human, or a Dragon?

The answers all pointed to adventure!

Anthramarux shook off her grief and took to the sky, roaring viciously and happily. She was sure someone around here was in need of help. In fact, most of the time she tried to help people they just couldn't stop themselves from helping her in return! Surely someone could spare a pair of pants. Humans only needed pants, she remembered.

Helping people was fun!

When they paid her.

Action: Anthramarux does some favors for local farmers in exchange for a set of clothes, bags and other Human things to wear, or monetary aid.

Of course, My Dragoness form implies I will melt their homes and eat them all if they don't reciprocate. Not that she would do that. Yet. :)

[4][1][2][3]: You try to help out four families of humans. One is too scared to even talk to you and just hides in their home, one tells you they have nothing they need done, one has needs which you do, for a reward of a few miserly bags and clothes, while the last gives you a good high-end lower-class clothing. Yay! Also some well-off bags. Oh, and some silver coins. But most of the pay was in the clothes.

Gained items: A bad set of dirty patchwork female clothes. A great set of lower-class female clothes. 6 bags. 10 silver.

Raikonai snorted at the voice in his head, ignoring it for now. For now, what was this strange book? He'd have to read it.

Then, he'd give the voice a smug "Who's the coward now?" as he began walking the long way around the lake towards the village. Oh, the pretty voice didn't want a healer? THEN HE'D GIVE IT A HEALER!

Read book, then walk around the lake the long way, making for the village.
You quickly glance at the book. The images that appear as a result of your invasion are WAY too much for you to handle for more than a few seconds. However... something... sticks to your mind. You feel as though you can do something that you did not know how to do before.

You then start walking across the lake. You make it to a river crossing, and begin feeling somewhat tired. After swimming across, you are exhausted. [Tou:2+1] You can move... perhaps a little further, but you've about reached your limit. It's a large lake, and the previous physically-intense actions in the past have taken their toll. [6]: Suddenly, a large group of humans walk by you, before one notices you and everyone looks at you. They are wearing silly clothes and hats, all similar as if they are going to a festival. They don't approach you; instead they wait for you to make the first move.

It's about this time that you realize that you never really practiced your speech much since you left your parents early, and you will likely have difficulty telling them what you want from them.

As Kin kept flying he had an internal struggle going on. On one hand the humans had a lot of the very fed cows, they probably wouldn't miss one. On the other hand if they did notice one gone they would most likely suspect the fly-by dragon that were seen just a moment ago.

"Gah, if there's a cattle thief coming by they are still going to suspect me. Just as well." Kin picked the fattest cow he could find and when he were sure no one was looking he swooped by, stuffed himself with glorious cow and flew away. The perfect crime.
[Agi:2+1]: You swoop down on a fat cow, but someone sees you nab it and shouts. At least you've got it.

[Agi:2+1][Old Adventurer Agi:4]: You suddenly hear a whiz and find yourself unable to move as your muscles seize up. Oh man, Paralysis arrow. You plummet to the ground. Thankfully, the cow softens the landing, but it's ruined.

As you lay there unable to move, the man who shouted at you when you first flew over the town walks up to you. You slowly regain feeling and you are able to move as he just gets to you. You're still numb though. The man is old and black colored.

"I said, don't cause any trouble or I would put your head up yo' ass! I'm getting old goddammit, I don't have much more time to deal with cattle stealing. Oh goddammit, the cow's dead. See, look at what you made me do. I am fugging tired of paying farmers for livestock that I accidentally kill for one reason or another. I am also fugging tired of dealing with thieves. I am also godfugging tired of dealing with you 'drags. Do you know how how freaking old I am? Do you know how tired I am of helping people from punks who have stolen something from them? Do you know how tired I am of just plain having to help people because a small fugging fugg minority people take advantage of them? Goddammit, get out of here or I will cut your insides up into ropes for the children to play skip-rope. Next time, just ask someone or do something for them if you want to get one of their cows. It's not that fugging hard. I've had farmers pay me in fugging cows before. Don't be a jackwipe."

...Wow, that man just... wow.

You notice that two knights and several farmers were also watching and listening to his rant. They are about as speechless as you. However, one farmer looks at you with murderous intent. You assume it's the guy who owned the cow.

Investigate the new area.

[5]: There is apparently a large cluster of somewhat worse-for-wear altars of various gods right above your cave. That's interesting. Apparently this was a sacred place to a people. They are all in a language you cannot understand, so you'll have to try the altars one by one to figure out what is what. There are about 13 altars still good enough that they glow in a way, and 8 more that are pretty wrecked and do not glow.

--Repulsion, see post above--

Quote from: Drag-son
Sneak down the tunnel.
[Agi:3]: You make it a long way down the tunnel before you stumble and make several loud scratching and clanging noises. The people of the town are aware of something strange happening inside the sewers now.

((I would have made a more interesting turn, but since he's being automated I'd rather not spend much time working on his turn))

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gridhard has recently seen a large, powerful dragon burning down their villages. While not really scared of it, it is giving them a fairly good smack on the rear end. In retaliation, one of their armies have been sent against the dragon and any other dragon that gives them trouble.

Relations deteriorate between dragons and Gridhard. Now Distrusted (F2 H3).

Helten army 3 moves east, engaging Sarduk army 3.

Spoiler: The War of Beliefs (click to show/hide)
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 08, 2012, 06:30:38 am »

Anthramarux likes the second set better, she thinks-holding it up the light. They were pale blue, slightly reminiscent of her mothers eyes. That made her a bit sad, but she didn't dwell on it.

Much prettier, though it was pretty poor in comparison to her scales. She would have preferred purple clothes, naturally, but from what she gathered Purple was a color that only noble humans wore. Well, she would make do with this...for now.

She packed her things and flew toward the nearest city-there was a large one very close, she remembered. She decided to fly low, and find a sheltered place to change form to avoid prying eyes. No need to tip off the Humans too soon!

Action: Land a mile outside of the nearest large Human city, trying to stay out of sight-change form and clothes. Being incredibly vain, I would Prefer to do so by a source of water, so I can view my reflection.

Try and become accustomed to my new body before heading to the city-walking and talking and such.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 08, 2012, 07:20:46 am »

((Ouch, dat double post.))

Go on a hunting spree in the mountains, gotta get some practice
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 08, 2012, 07:26:56 am »

Oh, crap, I double posted? Huh, I thought I got a 504 but I guess the turn got through.

I'll blank one of them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 08, 2012, 08:31:47 am »

Raikonai opened his mouth to speak. Then closed it. The opened it again. Then closed it again. Speaking was easy! He'd spoken lots of times. Or wait, was that screaming mentally at the being infesting his soul.

"Haaaaaa," he said experimentally. Oooh, yeah, most of that other stuff was screaming inside his own head. Hrm.

A sudden thought came to him, and he perked up. He didn't need to be all fancy, he just needed one word.

"HEALER."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 08, 2012, 08:57:33 am »

Nuvian flew down to the altar. To what god could such an altar belong? A god of decay? She had to find out. Action: Pick up and wield a small rusted weapon, then pray at the altar.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 08, 2012, 11:43:04 am »

Try the alchemy scroll again, then the shield one, but walk a bit away from the man first.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 08, 2012, 12:19:34 pm »

"Thank you mother... wherever you are. I'll try my best to make you proud."
Scientia, spirits greatly lifted, investigates the ruins.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 08, 2012, 02:57:04 pm »

Raikonai opened his mouth to speak. Then closed it. The opened it again. Then closed it again. Speaking was easy! He'd spoken lots of times. Or wait, was that screaming mentally at the being infesting his soul.

"Haaaaaa," he said experimentally. Oooh, yeah, most of that other stuff was screaming inside his own head. Hrm.

A sudden thought came to him, and he perked up. He didn't need to be all fancy, he just needed one word.

"HEALER."
A man looks around the group, and then points at another. The other one points at himself questioningly, and the first nods his head.

The second man rushes up to you and examines you, making sure to stay at just the right distance so he can get away from any sudden attack from you.

"I don't see anything worse than a few bruises or exhaustion. What seems to be the problem, son?"

Try the alchemy scroll again, then the shield one, but walk a bit away from the man first.
This would literally achieve absolutely nothing. You've already read both as soon as you got both, and you know both spells.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 08, 2012, 03:09:37 pm »

Alright then. Fly south until an interesting landmark or a town is in sight.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 08, 2012, 04:47:17 pm »

Make note of the altars, then start searching around my new home for any other points of interest.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 08, 2012, 06:24:54 pm »

Raikonai furrowed his brow, or the draconic equivalent. Uh... how to explain this...

"Soul!" he said. He definitely knew that word, but struggled for a moment for the other(s). "...thing? Thing on soul." Yes, that should- wait, he didn't say it was a bad thing, did he. "Bad thing on soul! REND!"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 08, 2012, 07:58:37 pm »

Raikonai furrowed his brow, or the draconic equivalent. Uh... how to explain this...

"Soul!" he said. He definitely knew that word, but struggled for a moment for the other(s). "...thing? Thing on soul." Yes, that should- wait, he didn't say it was a bad thing, did he. "Bad thing on soul! REND!"
"Bad thing on soul?"

The healer looks at another man, who then steps out and places some sort of strange symbol against your body. He must be a priest. The healer steps back while the priest does his work. The priest's face turns pale as he examines you more and more.

"This... is... not good. I cannot do anything, we need to go to a temple and summon one of the good gods. There's nothing else that can help this. Follow me son, and quickly. Everyone else, go to the carnival, and please save me a seat."

The man then starts running for the village. Everyone else continues walking to the village but in a slightly different direction.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 08, 2012, 08:13:24 pm »

Follow man.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 136