Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599631 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3195 on: December 03, 2011, 02:25:00 pm »

Really? So I don't even have to modify the BSA?

Which folders?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: December 03, 2011, 02:28:05 pm »

just recreate the same folder structure as the bsa.

there's already an interface folder in the data folder. just make the folder for the music, whatever folder they're in in the bsa.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: December 03, 2011, 04:45:33 pm »

Hrm, so far that doesn't seem to work.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: December 03, 2011, 04:50:59 pm »

Anybody else getting sick of Skyrim? I beat the main quest, did the Stormcloaks path, and a few guilds with my first character, but it didn't hold any interest after that. I made a Dumner battle-mage next but I got pretty bored. The guilds and quest lines were pretty uninteresting, and exploration got really dull.  Fighting dragons every time I went outside got incredibly tedious. Hopefully mods will revive the game for me. And to be fare to Bethesda, I probably got 30 or 40 hours of fun out of the game, a lot more than most modern games.

I'm playing Morrowind again as a Breton pure mage and having a load of fun.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: December 03, 2011, 06:30:46 pm »

Anybody else getting sick of Skyrim? I beat the main quest, did the Stormcloaks path, and a few guilds with my first character, but it didn't hold any interest after that. I made a Dumner battle-mage next but I got pretty bored. The guilds and quest lines were pretty uninteresting, and exploration got really dull.  Fighting dragons every time I went outside got incredibly tedious. Hopefully mods will revive the game for me. And to be fare to Bethesda, I probably got 30 or 40 hours of fun out of the game, a lot more than most modern games.

Are you a future me who developed a time machine and came back to now?

A week or so back, I beat Skyrim and decided not to start a new game. Rather, I fired up Morrowind and began playing a Breton mage.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: December 03, 2011, 07:01:32 pm »

Anyone else been to Blackreach and thought that the mushrooms were Nitches or whatever those floating jellyfish things were called from Morrowind? Personally, those things scared the hell outa me. I'd never go within 50 feet of those guys, even if they were passive. Needless to say, I never got very far in the game.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: December 03, 2011, 07:06:54 pm »

Anyone else been to Blackreach and thought that the mushrooms were Nitches or whatever those floating jellyfish things were called from Morrowind? Personally, those things scared the hell outa me. I'd never go within 50 feet of those guys, even if they were passive. Needless to say, I never got very far in the game.
I thought that too at first sight.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: December 03, 2011, 08:34:14 pm »

I never even beat the quest, and I beat the brotherhood one, and the theives guild I said to myself "This is the best they could do? Honestly?" I don't know how beth did it, but they sucked out all the love and charm out of The Elder Scrolls.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: December 03, 2011, 08:40:38 pm »

Yep, me as well.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: December 03, 2011, 09:01:24 pm »

Yep, me as well.

We think alike.

On another note, how does the Silent Moons Enchant enchantment work? Does it need two moons to appear in order to function?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: December 03, 2011, 09:04:19 pm »

I've enjoyed every single part of TES series to a high degree. Personally, skyrim has met my expectations and then some. Which I guess isn't saying much with the types of games that come out anymore, but I had high expectations for it. I had loads of fun with Oblivion and never even touched the main quest past playing around in Kvatch, and in Skyrim I've been much the same and have played 4 different characters already up to level 30ish and finished the main quest.. once.

I think it's loads of fun for the setting it's in. I also feel like adventuring is more.. dynamic now. I've got more from Skyrim than Oblivion already. I'd adventure, sure, but the same old forest with some wolves occasionally was boring. Caving and exploring ruins/forts was fun, for money and killing new enemies, but now I have the drive not only for money but for completing loads of side quests and finding words of power. I've done all the guild quests too.

The main quest had an interesting story and it felt more indepth to me, a lot have said the Brotherhood was disappointing, but I'm fairly sure thats because they were expecting it to be exactly like how it was in Oblivion.. instead of nearly destroyed. I didn't play through the Thieves guild in Oblivion, but I enjoyed it in Skyrim... up until the only way to progress was to do a crap load of tedious quests to become Guild Leader. The companions was fun, if not too short, and I can pretty much say the exact same about the College quests. The bards college though... don't even get me started. I did the entire questline by accident when I cleared out an entire ruin and found some book about Olaf and Numinex and what have you. I turned it in to the Bards college, talked to the Jarl and then.... I was done. A member, thats it. No more. Wtf.

Civil war quests were fun if only because you got to just murder loads of baddies. Though the same old 'Take X fort' quests gets to be annoying.

But the quests you find around the game world out of nowhere, or while perusing through cities or what have you seem well paced and interesting enough.

And with different playstyles and ways to approach situations, it makes it have more replayability. Plus I felt that Skyrim gave me a large berth for my imagination. I've always been fascinated with Viking lore and such, and have always played as a viking type Nord (as my first character, naturally), so Skyrim entices my imagination very well.

TL;DR
Skyrim is pretty cool game. eh fights dragon and doesnt afraid of anything.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:06:34 pm by zehive »

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: December 03, 2011, 09:34:50 pm »

I love this game, but wow does it crash a lot. Every twenty minutes or so, I get another CTD. Any way I can reduce the crashing? I want to play :<

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: December 03, 2011, 09:47:11 pm »

How much RAM have you got? The solution may be to construct additional RAMs. Or free up more RAMs for your computer to use. If you haven't got enough RAMs, they tend to ragequit and refuse to run programs.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: December 03, 2011, 09:54:56 pm »

I never even beat the quest, and I beat the brotherhood one, and the theives guild I said to myself "This is the best they could do? Honestly?" I don't know how beth did it, but they sucked out all the love and charm out of The Elder Scrolls.
That's pretty much my experience with Skyrim.  I did the Mage's Guild, main quest, and civil war before realizing that it wasn't going to involve anything other than running through the same corridor full of draugr over and over again (or in the case of the civil war, killing the same stormcloak soldier 20-40 times).  Nor was I going to find cool hidden artifacts due to the leveled loot system and the fact that the game uses an interchangeable "loot chest" at the end of every dungeon instead of hand-placed artifacts.

I'm also not going to find any fantastic scenery or tidbits of lore, because while not as bad as in Oblivion, Bethesda still thinks that retreading the same stale fantasy concepts is acceptable.  Comparing the concept art from The Art of Morrowind to the Skyrim artbook, it seems a shame how sterile and artistically bankrupt Bethesda has become.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: December 04, 2011, 12:23:03 am »

I think I'm going to miss persistent dragon corpses, they were annoying sometimes, but also rather funny. One time, I went to a village where I had happened to kill a dragon, leaving a corpse. When I arrived, I started walking towards the center of the village, when suddenly a dragon skull started writhing from underneath the ground, previously "buried". The dragon skeleton seemed to tunnel out of the ground, making me realize how awesome some sort of tunneling enemy would be, but then I realized it was just a glitch and laughed  :D
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 896