Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599431 times)

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3180 on: December 03, 2011, 11:49:23 am »

lame joke is lame =P

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: December 03, 2011, 11:51:52 am »

You can level pretty much every combat skill infinitely with no risk whatsoever, because they made half the NPCs in the game unkillable.

Hell, 4 guards came in, after I killed them no more did, I could grind all my weapon, magic and armour skills up 100 here if I wanted to.
*Hugs*

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: December 03, 2011, 11:55:58 am »

I'm loving this new patch. On one of my regular hunts for mammoth souls I encounter a reference to one of my childhood favorites:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: December 03, 2011, 11:57:40 am »

Flying Mammoths? That's a new one :P
*Hugs*

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: December 03, 2011, 12:05:19 pm »

It seems like any four-legged creature is slightly prone to suddenly taking on a rocket trajectory.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: December 03, 2011, 12:08:41 pm »

It seems like any four-legged creature is slightly prone to suddenly taking on a rocket trajectory.

I guess the update secretly injured the Aedra.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: December 03, 2011, 12:21:21 pm »

This was before the update. I'll admit I (or any else as far as I know) have never seen a mammoth take off and fly before, but on release day I dismounted a horse only to watch it launch on a trajectory from Winterhold to Solitude, never to be seen again.

Also I noticed that 1.2 bugfixes include "Cleaned up dragon corpses properly". Here I thought permanent dragon corpses were a feature. :(
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: December 03, 2011, 12:32:09 pm »

If they were draggable I could see that being a cool feature, but as it was, dragon corpses would really bug out and be annoying. For example, killing a dragon during a Winterhold College encounter would sometimes result in a huge dragon skeleton stuck in the courtyard focal point. As I'd come and go it'd be in different locations in the courtyard, sometimes stuck inside terrain or walls and vibrating.

It'd be pretty neat-o if the skeletons eventually collapsed into a pile of bones. But seeing as how you can't even stack a pile of gems without them flying everywhere, that might cause problems.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: December 03, 2011, 12:58:14 pm »

I'd have preferred if they made the dragons rare and special, essentially bosses. Then their corpses could stick around. Think Shadow of the Colossus. But unfortunately Bethsoft made them into regular enemies that spawn randomly. Even if the corpses didn't bug out, after a while the build-up of dragon skeletons would become annoying.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: December 03, 2011, 01:04:28 pm »

so i am scouting for rare ores lately and i crossed some Giants camp. above the camp on the rock ive found this

i was like "lolwtfbbqiwantthat" imagining myself running around with this giant club but... you cant take it. you can lift it with "E" but not take it. i figured out that maybe the the gamedevs thought it would be too powerfull and they patched it just like with the ones that every giant carries but then... why the stats?
interesting.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: December 03, 2011, 01:33:19 pm »

Had an awesome fight between my mage, Lydia, and a single Dawnstar guard; and a dragon, a giant, an ice-troll and three bandits. Very exciting, I arrived at Dawnstar and saw the dragon attack, but when I got to it, it was already facing off with the giant. We run in, some time later followed by the guard that must've been drawed by one of the dragon's circles of the city, and halfway through the troll show up, and we all take turns fighting each other, dodging blows and running away (though that last one was just me since I needed to wait until my magicka replenished). Of course, the dragon was the one to die first - even before the guard - but then again everybody mobbed it as soon as it landed. Then the guard, no doubt inspired by the dragon, asked the giant if he could make him fly, and the giant, being a good guy at heart, agreed and smashed him high up into the sky. Then the bandits showed up and started shooting arrows at us, and then everyone died. Well, except me and Lydia. Bandits died last, if only because they were so far away.

Also, they really should have implemented a dynamic friendship feature between intelligent creatures. I had to reload the the battle once, because after we had killed the dragon together the first time, the giant smashed me into the ground. It would have been so much cooler if we could have helped each other slay the dragon, and then been all "respect, bro" and gone our separate ways without being enemies. The same goes for bandits. It's really unfortunate when - as have happened before - you have to take time out of an dragon-battle to fight some pesky highwaymen that decided to show up, when it should be in all of our best interests to fight the dragon, or have to fight said highwaymen the second the dragon dies. Dragon-slaying should be a bonding experience, man ;D
Love, scriver~

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: December 03, 2011, 01:41:31 pm »

sidenote.
it seems my save got bugged. technicaly the "battle" music wont stop playing. so i walk the roads with epicness playing. heck it plays even when i crap. its like
"Huuuuuuuuuuu....!"
DUM DUM DUM!! DUUUUMDUUUUU!
"...UGH!"
<splush>

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: December 03, 2011, 01:53:51 pm »

I'd have preferred if they made the dragons rare and special, essentially bosses. Then their corpses could stick around. Think Shadow of the Colossus. But unfortunately Bethsoft made them into regular enemies that spawn randomly. Even if the corpses didn't bug out, after a while the build-up of dragon skeletons would become annoying.

Bethesda logic:

Bethesda Employee: "People really liked levitation in Morrowind, and were disappointed that it didn't return in Oblivion.  It gave them a sense of freedom and power that's absent in today's increasingly linear, scripted, "cinematic" games."

Todd Howard: "Levitation interferes with my uncontrollable desire to railroad the player.  Leave it out."

Bethesda Employee: "People really hated the cliffracers in Morrowind, and were glad that they didn't appear in Oblivion.  Having a flying enemy that constantly spawns and chases the player and is more of an annoyance than a threat only serves to pester the player."

Bethesda Employee: "People also hated the Oblivion gates in Oblivion.  Most people skipped them because they were tedious and repetitive."

Todd Howard: "I think we're onto something here..."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: December 03, 2011, 02:21:04 pm »

So, I'm thinking the game's music needs more variety.

I opened up "Skyrim- Sounds.bsa" with BSA_unpacker. So, say I want to add music for combat. There's combat_01, combat_02, etc up to 06. Does anyone know if I can add an 07 and have the game still play it? Or does it only call those six files, and I'd have to overwrite them?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: December 03, 2011, 02:24:02 pm »

I'm not sure, but what I do know is that the game will load the music  from folders rather than the BSA if it can.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 896