Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286441 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #9315 on: January 01, 2012, 08:39:07 pm »

Nuke i think you forgot that i actually started to require people to pay for the production costs on the industrials. So even a size 1, tier 1 costs 1.6/season to produce and on avg you sell -at- base cost - .4/season is not a lot since it costs you 4d to upgrade to size 2.

On top of that, i also tier'd the costs to build/upgrade to be 3+Tier, so 4-8d/size cost
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: January 01, 2012, 10:11:01 pm »

Name:Robert Vance
Description: A tall, muscled man, he looks to be around 25-26, he is 30 years old, however. He has a scarred face from what looks to be claws, He has red hair and a if bushy beard.
Background: A slave, from the fighting pits from who knows where. He was fighting as a slave for 5 years when he was clawed by some beast from the north. He, up to this point, had been wounded twice, first a spear through his leg, and a toe was bit off by a wolf. He spent a year planning his revolt. It was a dignatary from the Dragon Empire who gave him this chance. A great battle between two army of slaves was prepared. When they clashed he led a regiment from his group and broke out. He made his was south and arrived near Ligoria. Seeking riches and fame.
Resources:One disciplined regiment (1.5d)
A skilled swordsman (1d)
.5d
A longsword, a light chainmail Hauberk, a round wooden shield.

This good?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: January 02, 2012, 12:36:12 am »

You can easily start with the equipment for free as far as ducats go. Keep the 0,5d.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: January 02, 2012, 10:28:36 am »

I hope that Juan will run into some trouble too, otherwise Franz really is a worthless assassin.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: January 02, 2012, 10:50:47 am »

I added your action to my last post Vagel.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: January 02, 2012, 12:09:56 pm »

You can easily start with the equipment for free as far as ducats go. Keep the 0,5d.
No it was that I had .5 ducats aswell as the other stuff
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: January 03, 2012, 03:47:40 pm »

We need a map of Talama.  Why?  There are lots of times when things get troublesome with regard to where things are - the latest argument being whether the port is outside the city walls or inside.  To that end, I am willing to draw up a map of the city (once I've finished my present turn of Godhood).  This should sort out issues in the future regarding locations.

To do this, I require information/suggestions from everyone.  Specifically:

• Geography - I understand Talama has cliffs?  Is it based on a hill?  What are the elevations like?
  • City Amenities - A Palace and Bank have been established.  What other notable amenities are there?  Is there a library, for example?  State any and all notable landmarks.
  • District Names - Is the city split into quarters?  What should the districts be called?
  • Defensive Measures - Talama is walled.  How walled?  How many layers of walls and what fortifications exist?
  • Anything else that should go on a map.

Please post examples here - this way, things should be clearer for geographical reference in the future.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: January 03, 2012, 03:56:31 pm »

Elevations: Cliffs surrounding the coastline, docks being in a sheltered natural harbour.
Amenities: There's a park mentioned, and a few plazas on the road between the gates
Districts: Well, it's been established there's a rich and poor district, and maybe a residential, market and arena districts too.
Defenses: A wall and towers around the entire city, with a fortified gatehouse at the main entrance and a heavy concentration of fortifications near the Palace, containing the barracks as well. The Palace itself in on a second set of cliffs, along with it's fortifications. The prison is located under the arena, beneath the gladiator, athlete and guard quarters.

Anything else:

The Arena is viewable from most of the city, The Palace has two perrenial gardens, baths, plumbing and central heating, several secret passages in which only the guards and servants know about (Along with the former royal family). The main bedroom in the palace is about two stories above the treasury. The throne room is in the middle area of the Palace.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:18:16 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: January 03, 2012, 04:30:47 pm »

Talama (as I understand it) is located in a gap in the cliffs of Ligoria. As in, to the north and south there are steep cliffs, and Ligoria is built around a bay in these cliffs. Presumably where the cliffs are significantly less steep (resulting in a tiered city). There are at least some buildings which have been carved into the cliffs.

The city as a whole is implied to be not exactly rich, not exactly poor. At least parts of the city were suffering from disrepair at the beginning of the game. One presumes high levels of squalor, twisty streets and narrow alleys.

The Bleeding Scales is a newly constructed (last summer) building which technically serves as the embassy to Hatcur. It is also an inn. And a mechanic's workshop, but that bit isn't used. It is presumably in a decent if somewhat dilapidated location. It has secret passageways and stuff, leading to some sort of underground tunnels (sewers/natural caves)

The Arena is a thing. Presumably ancient. Implied to be from the Mirish empire or something? I dunno. It's a thing.

There is an old watchtower in the south-east of the city which has been converted into a university.

There are numerous inns/bars/taverns which have been named for various occasions, but I doubt they really matter.

Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: January 03, 2012, 04:33:15 pm »

Talama (as I understand it) is located in a gap in the cliffs of Ligoria. As in, to the north and south there are steep cliffs, and Ligoria is built around a bay in these cliffs. Presumably where the cliffs are significantly less steep (resulting in a tiered city). There are at least some buildings which have been carved into the cliffs.
Actually, the city is ontop of the cliffs, only the port is built into the bay.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: January 03, 2012, 05:33:59 pm »

Nuke, is my character acceptable

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: January 03, 2012, 06:09:32 pm »

See, here's the thing. I worry. I worry that you will go off and play a single player campaign somewhere, murdering dudes with your slave army until you do something stupid and get killed.

The character just seems... directionless.

Tell me what your plans are with the character. What would you have him do, and how would he do it?
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: January 04, 2012, 08:26:49 am »

Hey Dwarmin? That first attack should've done 2 damage.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: January 04, 2012, 08:52:41 am »

See, here's the thing. I worry. I worry that you will go off and play a single player campaign somewhere, murdering dudes with your slave army until you do something stupid and get killed.

The character just seems... directionless.

Tell me what your plans are with the character. What would you have him do, and how would he do it?

Make him like unto a Storm Coast verson of Spartacus.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: January 04, 2012, 02:13:22 pm »

Hey Dwarmin, looking again at those rolls, shouldn't have Adwarf lost?
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 634