Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287109 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #7425 on: November 22, 2011, 12:50:37 pm »

...they invented better glassmaking and distallation processes in Lonemine Dalannor, and sold them to the world.

Fix'd that for you considering what culture that country is based on and therefore has a stereotype for enjoying wine, and also I never got around to what the major industries were. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: November 22, 2011, 01:23:02 pm »

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to VETO the season change, since I didn't do ANYTHING this season, my last action (a week ago) ha still not been rolled, event though it is much simpler than all the combat that happened since (seriously, it would have taken a GM 2 minutes to tell me if a spy contacted me or not), and the university buildings didn't go anywhere since NUKE was offline most of the season.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: November 22, 2011, 01:26:33 pm »

Yeah, I want to veto it too. But for different reasons.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: November 22, 2011, 01:28:30 pm »

Voting for season change AFTER Leone gets his rolls and such.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: November 22, 2011, 01:50:21 pm »

Earlier I said unopposed, but I want to clarify that means I don't really mind when we change seasons, so I can wait until after Avitus gets his rolls. I'm not gonna wait for William because he's being sneaky about why he wants an extension. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: November 22, 2011, 01:51:57 pm »

What what.

Do I need to do something then?
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: November 22, 2011, 01:57:33 pm »

Oh, I'm going to go plunder some uncontrolled market place or Ligoria's port.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: November 22, 2011, 02:00:14 pm »

Need raider troops for that.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: November 22, 2011, 02:01:15 pm »

I meant conquer and then pillage it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: November 22, 2011, 02:01:48 pm »

You can't do that either :P

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: November 22, 2011, 02:03:05 pm »

Oh wait, Im muted myself for three days. Starting now.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: November 22, 2011, 04:36:08 pm »

Speaking of which.

Could someone do my work for me and make a summary of major actions from this season (so far) like the ones I have done for previous seasons.

Additionally, having glossed over the past dozen pages of the OOC thread (which I missed), I did notice that there was some kerfuffle about what elfeater got: I assume that has been resolved now, but to avoid such situations occurring in the future, might I suggest a more definitive ruling on what folks can start out with- I assumed that people could start out with a bit more or less than others provided that their characters were interesting. Evidently not.
May I suggest the following (not to be retroactively applied):
Characters start as notable (not peasants) people with 2 ducats worth of resources to start with. Two ducats can get you:
-A boat
One ducat can get you:
-A regiment (personal guard)
-A major skill. For example, being a general, being a skilled assassin, being a trained engineer, etc etc
-Being a non-human character. (Hacturi/Elv)
Characters who are explicitly antagonists may receive more resources as judged reasonable by at least two GM-powered people (CG, me, Taricus).

Also my previously proposed changes to the military system- and/or any other proposed changes to the mechanics of the game by me or others- are those viable, is there a system for dealing with those? Given the rapid pace of posts in the OOC thread one feels that suggestions could be buried and forgotten under a hail of mumbling about whose character can commit the most genocide in any given timeframe- Might I propose adding a page to the wiki entitled 'possible rule changes', which would provide a more coherent environment for discussing the need for/details of such changes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: November 22, 2011, 04:49:46 pm »

Additionally, having glossed over the past dozen pages of the OOC thread (which I missed), I did notice that there was some kerfuffle about what elfeater got: I assume that has been resolved now, but to avoid such situations occurring in the future, might I suggest a more definitive ruling on what folks can start out with- I assumed that people could start out with a bit more or less than others provided that their characters were interesting. Evidently not.
May I suggest the following (not to be retroactively applied):
Characters start as notable (not peasants) people with 2 ducats worth of resources to start with. Two ducats can get you:
-A boat
One ducat can get you:
-A regiment (personal guard)
-A major skill. For example, being a general, being a skilled assassin, being a trained engineer, etc etc
-Being a non-human character. (Hacturi/Elv)
Characters who are explicitly antagonists may receive more resources as judged reasonable by at least two GM-powered people (CG, me, Taricus).

Sounds fair. Though I assume that you can get an upgraded regiment at the cost of the other starting Ducat?

EDIT: Leone, mind reposting your action in the main thread for Nuke?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:55:56 pm by Taricus »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: November 22, 2011, 05:03:40 pm »

So... could I spend both ducats on getting Tactician to Rank 2, or is it limited to one rank? If so, is it all right to spend both ducats to get two Rank 1 skills? If the former then I'll take that for my character; if the latter I'll stick with my original choices (Tactician Rank 1 and Stealth Rank 1). If neither I guess I'll just take the Tactician and hold on to the other ducat.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:12:58 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: November 22, 2011, 05:45:16 pm »

Sounds fair. Though I assume that you can get an upgraded regiment at the cost of the other starting Ducat?
Yeah yeah you can spend money on upgrades also. You could also buy two regiments or whatever.
Also something I forgot; upkeep is paid for free if you start in winter.

So... could I spend both ducats on getting Tactician to Rank 2, or is it limited to one rank? If so, is it all right to spend both ducats to get two Rank 1 skills? If the former then I'll take that for my character; if the latter I'll stick with my original choices (Tactician Rank 1 and Stealth Rank 1). If neither I guess I'll just take the Tactician and hold on to the other ducat.
(not to be retroactively applied)
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 634