Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287784 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #5925 on: November 04, 2011, 05:39:54 pm »

They aren't given weapons. Or clothes for that matter :P

The criminals, I mean. The gladiators are well equipped and trained...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: November 04, 2011, 05:42:08 pm »

How much money is there in the royal treasury? I also hauled up all the3 stolen treasures and am going to make a display of it in front of Laythe. I was thinking that since gunpowder is viable for artillery only for now (since I don't have a contact with any good engineers), i was thiking about doing military research myself. Developing new drills, tactics and manouvers. On top of that I want to develop a new type of soldier, but that will require money and complete support of the queen.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: November 04, 2011, 05:42:58 pm »

SO my idea was basically shit, I think having criminals fight to the death on teams would be much more entertaining...
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: November 04, 2011, 05:46:39 pm »

About three ducats left at the end of Autumn, and about two more at the start of winter. Research could be rolled by anyone but I am curious about the new type of soldier...

Now, how much would that stash been worth in ducats?

EDIT: Elf, Queen's edict. Don't disobey :P

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: November 04, 2011, 05:48:57 pm »

I am spartucus HUZZAH
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: November 04, 2011, 05:54:04 pm »

I am spartucus HUZZAH
No you're not :P

Mind you, most of the slaves are bought as children, given a couple of years training then sent off to fight in the arena. Most are released in about ten years after their first fight and are usually recruited into the army as weapons instructors, although in the case of tounament winners, given an officers commision upon leaving, then spend about a year training in regimental command.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: November 04, 2011, 05:57:03 pm »

That sounds tad small to me. Heh, kind of used to the 20 ducat budgets that Elbreth had. But then Elbreth was a pretty sizeable kingdom, while Ligoria is yet to punch above its weight (with my help of course). Well, you could have steady funding instead of a lump sum for my project and these small border counties can be temporarily overtaxed. I can send a regiment or two to bulid a camp or occupy one of the estates and requisition money from the region. I highly doubt that our neighbours will move, although Avitus could pull something out of the ass and say that we are simply returning old lands to Ligoria or something.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: November 04, 2011, 06:02:31 pm »

You could use Vale as a region garrison, its in the center of the unclaimed lands.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 06:11:53 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: November 04, 2011, 06:11:16 pm »

That sounds tad small to me. Heh, kind of used to the 20 ducat budgets that Elbreth had. But then Elbreth was a pretty sizeable kingdom, while Ligoria is yet to punch above its weight (with my help of course). Well, you could have steady funding instead of a lump sum for my project and these small border counties can be temporarily overtaxed. I can send a regiment or two to bulid a camp or occupy one of the estates and requisition money from the region. I highly doubt that our neighbours will move, although Avitus could pull something out of the ass and say that we are simply returning old lands to Ligoria or something.
That's for winter. I get the land tax in spring, and that is a hefty amount even with about 14.5 ducats being spent in maintenance for the troops.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: November 04, 2011, 06:13:29 pm »

Well, it all depends what queen is going to say. But I think that she will be willing to agree to my plan. After all, Ligoria has to become an empire first before Tala or Rectyl can reap proper benefitrs from influencing the kingdom to their own ends.

Either way, it is in everyone's short-term interest to see Ligoria expand. And then there will be a lot of dosh to go around.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: November 04, 2011, 06:17:31 pm »

Why did William get banished, if you were planning on expanding anyway with a thin excuse like, "We owned the land beforehand."?
My excuase of, "We were freeing the land from the Tyranny of bandit-lords and weak-willed mens.".

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: November 04, 2011, 06:53:05 pm »

By the way, the Hatcur are going to leave pretty soon. So they won't be influencing anybody soon, except perhaps William.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: November 04, 2011, 07:01:26 pm »

You'd think that, wouldn't you? While the Hatcuri proper will be leaving, the Embassy will still be there, just operated by the Gang and some human workers. And don't forget Hugo, he still has a contract.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: November 04, 2011, 07:31:13 pm »

it won't exactly be an embassy without the Hatcuri now, will it? ;)

EDIT: What I'm really surprised is that one peasant got an entire contingent of lizardmen to leave the city. VERY surprising that :P
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 07:36:24 pm by Taricus »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: November 04, 2011, 07:44:54 pm »

I'm a man of my word....And it benefits me.

And the Embassy can still be used to contact the Hatcuri...Just through Hugo and human employees.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 634