Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289337 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3630 on: September 27, 2011, 04:06:27 pm »

So... We're going with the brown country, ottoman culture, the nation is not much bigger than what appears on the map?

E: Personally, I think the brown country looks cool and all, but at the same time starting with the biggest nation around that part of the storm coast will greatly reduce the challenge. I think it might be more fun to go with the light purple one... Imo, atleast.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:09:58 pm by Shootandrun »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: September 27, 2011, 04:13:04 pm »

I'm fine with either one. And starting as an ottoman culture would lead to everyone going agaiinst us for religeous tolerance, so more FUN there...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: September 27, 2011, 04:14:55 pm »

Taricus starts as  Lord/Count/Bojar of this Province of the Brown Empire while the rest starts in the city states end of story,so no need to break into tears because the other guy decides to start with another culture then the rest.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: September 27, 2011, 04:17:27 pm »

Playing a province controled by an NPC empire?

This is the kind of situation that will lead to this:

"Send a message to the emperor. We are at war against the city state of Hurrdurr. Some military support could be useful."

"[6] The emperor sends fifty units of infantry, twenty five units of heavy infantry, [...] and says hi."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: September 27, 2011, 04:18:53 pm »

Well, I don't really want to start as an underling of a foreign power, if only due to my backstory (I'll post it soon, I swear!)

And Shootandrun just detailed the situations that might come out of it. Not to mention it could be Hatcuri territory...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: September 27, 2011, 04:38:50 pm »

Whilst I am more in favour of my original suggestion, to wit the purple citystate, and the brown nation being a small part of a larger empire, if folks want to play the brown nation;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If, in the end, we don't play as the brown nation, I think it would be better for it to be the corner of a far larger nation. More like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Playing a province controled by an NPC empire?

This is the kind of situation that will lead to this:

"Send a message to the emperor. We are at war against the city state of Hurrdurr. Some military support could be useful."

"[6] The emperor sends fifty units of infantry, twenty five units of heavy infantry, [...] and says hi."
In this situation, the entire storm coast and every mercenary it can muster rushes to the aid of the city state of Hurrdurr. But yeah, still not as entertaining as more small-scale combat.

E: Also, how the flying fudge is that brown. I'm calling it brown because everyone is, but seriously. It's a pale, dirty orange.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:41:19 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: September 27, 2011, 04:44:18 pm »

Oooh, I like the first image! Quite a few easy preys, two kingdoms and some real challenges! Maybe make the light purple kingdom bigger (either give him a few islands, or the two cities near) to make sure there's not too many city states, and I'd totally go for it!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #3637 on: September 27, 2011, 05:53:40 pm »

Now I'm 100% against using this system for this game, but if anyone was interested this is how many charts I have for world building so far, and I'm no were near done.

Also comments are enabled.

So no need to discuss it and murk up this thread.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: September 27, 2011, 07:00:33 pm »

Just like to throw my support out for the purple little kingdom as a starting zone.

The reason I picked You are King instead of a new You are Lord was to avoid the players answering directly to an NPC authority.  Of course, has YaL continued long enough, I've no doubt Dwarmin's Lord Heath might have ended up seceding, but still...

Better to start the player kingdom out weak but independent and rise to glory like Ansbach unifying the Holy Roman Empire.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: September 27, 2011, 07:02:09 pm »

Better to start the player kingdom out weak but independent and rise to glory like Ansbach unifying the Holy Roman Empire.

And you then realize its 14 hours later, you haven't slept at all and you still need to vassalize the other half of Europe.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: September 27, 2011, 07:05:22 pm »

I spent about 100 years adding provinces into the HRE (pre patch Heir to the Throne) before I decided to unify.  After that Europe was mostly ruled by major powers, so I used Fabricate Claims and marriages to Unionise England, Castille, Aragon, Russia, Portugal, Brittany and eventually the Ottomans.  Had about 1/5th of the world under this one ruler... who was 16 years old by the time I got to the Ottomans.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: September 28, 2011, 06:27:08 am »

Aaaaaah
Aaaaah!
Aaaaaaaaah.

Aaaaaaanyway. As I said, placeholder. I would like to copy all current rules into the first post, but I'm not quite sure which are the most current, and I believe a simplification of trade was discussed, but never finalized. Which of the various spoilers full of rules should I copy over?
And should I (or someone else?) start a new OOC thread for the new game?
And is there anything else vitally important which I have somehow totally neglected?

And what should the subtitle be, if any?
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: September 28, 2011, 06:46:03 am »

We need to wait for the economy rules to be edited a bit. Just to make it more balanced.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: September 28, 2011, 07:34:40 am »

*Claims role of Weylandish Mercenary Captain*

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: September 28, 2011, 07:38:05 am »

Damn, you Ghazkull, I wanted to be a mercenary!

I can play a merchant again, a descendeant of Hans, but I don't know how will people react to that. Mind you, I will be doing the typical "trade everywhere, monopolize everything".
But if we have a radical overhaul and simplyfy trade to just rolls and trade routes then it will be easier and better for eveyone.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 634