Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289359 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3600 on: September 27, 2011, 02:47:42 pm »

Probably would of been 1000% easy and significantly less arguing if we just did another you are king. First come first king.  Or if we had like 5 kings with there own lands, then anyone else just played people who live in them.  I was actually working on something like this but it got dragged down because I wanted a way to convoluted world building system.  I'm talking rolling for ecosystems, then rolling each trait of plants found in them, so each country's culture would be significantly different in the way they farmed, hunted, gathered materials (organic or not).

Great now I want to work on this again.

Ignore me.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: September 27, 2011, 02:51:10 pm »

The country in brown on the far right seems interesting. It has 3 cities, mountains and a river that flows to the sea.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: September 27, 2011, 02:53:21 pm »

No actual sea connection though...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: September 27, 2011, 02:56:51 pm »

So? We hammer the dudes on the coast and incorporate them. The river is the cheapest and fastest way of transporting inland until steam engine gets invented and mountains usually have minerals in them.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: September 27, 2011, 02:57:59 pm »

Alright, we'll start as that brown nation, unless we'll be voting on that :P

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: September 27, 2011, 03:00:07 pm »

That brown nation looks really cool. I guess our early objective will be to take full control of that river by destroying the nations bewteen us and the seas...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: September 27, 2011, 03:01:00 pm »

Probably would of been 1000% easy and significantly less arguing if we just did another you are king. First come first king.  Or if we had like 5 kings with there own lands, then anyone else just played people who live in them.  I was actually working on something like this but it got dragged down because I wanted a way to convoluted world building system.  I'm talking rolling for ecosystems, then rolling each trait of plants found in them, so each country's culture would be significantly different in the way they farmed, hunted, gathered materials (organic or not).

Ignore me.

Your system has merit and possibility - it does however require a ridiculous amount of tables and charts to work from.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:04:42 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: September 27, 2011, 03:01:30 pm »

Oh, one other detail that needs to be hammered out: how far has the SCTG collapsed? I assume that much like the hanseatic league it would have been unable to maintain its power with the rise of independent merchants and far-flung new markets, but is it gone completely, hanging on to a few vestiges of glory, or has it merely been reduced in strength, but still an important factor in both economical and political scenes?

Having not played in the first game I'm not sure what their strength/motivations were, so I can't really comment on this.

Ignore me.
That... does not sound 1000% easier. Frankly, that sounds 1000% harder. Total World Creation is great and all, but unless you intend to take this information and chuck it out the window in favour of abstractions for the actual game, things would be waaay to complex- especially for a RP-heavy forum game.

The country in brown on the far right seems interesting. It has 3 cities, mountains and a river that flows to the sea.
Oh, that was meant to be the edge of a massive, off-map empire, occupying vast stretches of land across whatever the continent is called. It would serve to curb undue inland expansion, and possibly provide a threat (in the form of a massive invading army) if things grew too peaceful.
Uh.
I'm not sure if it would work as a playable nation. Then again, that's only as I conceived it. Just because I spent a few minutes messing around in paint doesn't mean I can say what sort of country it is.

PPE: Oh, hey. A bunch of people want to play it now. Er, ok. I guess that could work?
Long Live United Forenia!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #3608 on: September 27, 2011, 03:03:04 pm »

Ignore me.

Your system has merit and possibility - it does however require a ridiculous amount of tables and charts to work from.

I should of added a big space between me describing just playing you are king, and my game idea.  Some thought I ment that was 1000 times easier, not true.

and I LOVE me some charts, in fact I figured out how to biomes, in like a second after posting that.  I love how the human mind works.  Currently working on it right now.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: September 27, 2011, 03:03:23 pm »

Would definitely work, considering we do have a couple of nobles and a queen ready for it :P

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: September 27, 2011, 03:04:53 pm »

Starting the same way would be easier, but we'd probably just take a volunteer as the first king simply because we're all around too much. Possibly i'd like to see 1-3 kings at start with their own lands. Gives some competition for the 'kings' as well as some options as to starting positions. No one should start as a noble, but that doesn't disclude NPC nobles to depose in favor of players.

The issue we have is that we need at least 1 neutral GM as most kings wont be able to roll for eachother, let alone themselves.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: September 27, 2011, 03:06:29 pm »

I'm already volunteering for King (Well, Queen)ship.

And that's what we need a master GM for...

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: September 27, 2011, 03:07:13 pm »

Would definitely work, considering we do have a couple of nobles and a queen ready for it :P
Shotgun the city in the north, inside the mountains.

We might have to do a vote for which nation we take, if some people don't want the brown one.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: September 27, 2011, 03:10:43 pm »

well somehow when i saw them i only thought: huns...or Cossaks (Cossacs? How do you write that in English Oo). I would incorporate them as a massive threat for the future of the City States. Yes a Behemoth state like Russia or China with massive inner-political problems, enormously rich Landowners, horribly poor peasants, a trade partner with enomrous amounts of interesting resources for our traders and an disturbingly unhealthy expansionistic interest in the Storm Coast. Maybe Storm Coast=Bosporus for them...

The Tzardom of Ashur...*begins to work out ideas on antagonists from there*

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: September 27, 2011, 03:12:40 pm »

well somehow when i saw them i only thought: huns...or Cossaks (Cossacs? How do you write that in English Oo). I would incorporate them as a massive threat for the future of the City States. Yes a Behemoth state like Russia or China with massive inner-political problems, enormously rich Landowners, horribly poor peasants, a trade partner with enomrous amounts of interesting resources for our traders and an disturbingly unhealthy expansionistic interest in the Storm Coast. Maybe Storm Coast=Bosporus for them...

The Tzardom of Ashur...*begins to work out ideas on antagonists from there*

Not a bad idea either.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 634