Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 290052 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #390 on: August 16, 2011, 03:12:45 pm »

I haven't looted the estate yet D:

Just let my boys finish packing up the stones :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 16, 2011, 03:19:34 pm »

I know isn't that odd? Nothing..that I saw happening, showed Yoink that his brother was dead. And yet hes already trying to be off to his throne. And yet you and I are sadly waiting still to see the results of our looting.
*shakes head* Oh well. No rush.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 16, 2011, 03:20:18 pm »

Its not so much the waiting, I know Iituem's busy and all - it's mostly the logistics happening. The problem i have is that there's a lot of information gathering actions i'd like to take and i dont know if iituem has ideas already or not for the replies to the actions i want to take. *shrugs* Like i said, no biggie. I'm an IT nerd, so i've been watching the 'math' of this game for a while and it gets skewed rather quickly. It's good that the seasonal system was set up though, it does help.

Action is here

Post multiple intel gathering actions if you need to, and I don't mind if you make them conditional.  It takes me a while to do turns, and I am rather busy right now.  I have a one man play to do in less than a week and a half and I'm very, very nervous because I don't have all my lines learnt.  Taking time away from this game is becoming absolutely vital for me professionally, so things have actually heated up at a downright terrible time for me.

In other words, don't hold back intel-type actions too much.  I also answered your question in the OOC thread to save time: 2 warships in Miring, 3 in Preston.  Merchant ship looting is delaying whilst I do the merchant PC's action, because they tie together.

Spaghetti7

+ Transmutation as an ability is acceptable.  Telekinesis is acceptable.  Limited mind manip is acceptable, but for game balance/sanity reasons you can't force it to work on players.  NPCs (including the NPC servants of PCs) are fair game.

+ The gods aren't a power source because they are ineffable (see below) but demon-leaching is an acceptable power source.  You summon a demon and then drain its power to work your spells.

+ Cost for transmutation is acceptable - having to reverse the change basically means that you need both of the material types you'll be changing on hand.  So if you want to turn lead into gold you need an equal amount of gold to exchange for lead.  On the other hand, this does mean you could turn a stone wall into a dirt wall by exchanging its place with that of the nearby soil, or turn it into water by switching its place with the moat.  A more cunning example might be to sculpt a statue out of soft clay and then transmute it with some handy gold bullion.  Trying to do a transmutation with air would be very difficult because although the limitation is by volume, it is very hard to concentrate on a specific bit of air.  So try to exchange a brick wall with air might well end up with you being showered with brick dust.  Or with bricks.  Or just have a brick wall fall on you. Or just not work.   Best to stick to solid or liquid materials.

+ Consequences, barring the note about the ineffability of the gods, are acceptable.  Things going wrong will likely include the demons attacking you from within or you failing to bind them correctly for the power drain (and thus escaping into the world).

+ Ditto for social costs, though this is more due to the deleterious effects of demons escaping into the world.

Because of the quality of your intro passage, I'm willing to accept your character.  Remember that things can always go horribly wrong when you use magic, chiefly because its effects (ill or provident) tend to be greater than mundane ones.  My advice to you (and to any mage character) is to be a character first and a mage second.  Stick to mundane methods where they are available because of the lower risk, but as Locanil's storm has proven magic can be employed very successfully in specific situations.

Divine Intervention

The gods, such as they are, are ineffable.  In other words, if divine intervention happens it happens within the dice roll and as such is out of my hands.  It is as likely as it is in the Real World, which is to say that it might be happening but the effects are so subtle and so good at masquerading as chance that you will never know.

Gods aren't important.  Religions are important, and those don't need magic to support them.  (And if they do, then it's the sort of magic wizards draw on.)  You might find the occasional Holy Grail type artefact whose powers are ascribed to divinity, but it's plausible it could have been created by a wizard.  Or not.  Once again, you will never know.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:25:58 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 16, 2011, 03:27:59 pm »

If you need any extra help with GMing this week, let me know!

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 16, 2011, 03:30:29 pm »

Thanks a lot. Just before I make my grand entrance, could I ask who leads the city of Sheepstead?
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 16, 2011, 03:31:36 pm »

King Erik is the rules of Elberth.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 16, 2011, 03:32:35 pm »

@Thatkid: Are you purposely avoiding our battle in the Weyland highlands or did you just miss it?
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 16, 2011, 03:32:51 pm »

Sheepstead is considered crown land, so Erik is ruler.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 16, 2011, 03:34:42 pm »

Oh. I have a feeling this could go badly.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 16, 2011, 03:36:01 pm »

If you need any extra help with GMing this week, let me know!

I do.  Although he isn't technically a King yet, I am giving Ghazkull permission to make rolls as if he were one.  Temporarily, since you offered, I am also going to extend Knave the opportunity to make any rolls that do not pertain to the King of Elbreth or any of his direct vassals (so Weylander rolls are fine, independents are fine - anyone not within Erik's power structure).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 16, 2011, 03:43:50 pm »

@Thatkid: Are you purposely avoiding our battle in the Weyland highlands or did you just miss it?
Probably missed it, cause he missed Ludwig aswell.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 16, 2011, 03:45:03 pm »

Oh. I have a feeling this could go badly.
Well he might openly hate magic though he did have one of his hacturi (lizardman) subjects create a storm to win the battle at Preston and then try and cover it up, I reckon you've got a half chance.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 16, 2011, 03:47:44 pm »

Take your time Iituem. We're all enjoying this, but dont let it interfere with your professional life.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 16, 2011, 03:53:51 pm »

Terenos, you are the infamous assassin, right?

Do you still work for the king?

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #404 on: August 16, 2011, 03:56:24 pm »

I'll get right to it... :D
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 634