Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 290002 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #360 on: August 16, 2011, 11:58:48 am »

The last mage died I think. But magic in this world is very limited and difficult. Also you have to come up with a very good character and read the rules of magic.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 16, 2011, 11:59:32 am »

We're not too keen on magic 'round these parts, stranger. Just sayin'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 16, 2011, 12:00:46 pm »

Aye, mage characters aren't expressly forbidden, but they need a very strong application and they cannot be powerful without great cost.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 16, 2011, 12:02:10 pm »

Or the peasants united to get some entertainment in the form of a burining mage :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 16, 2011, 12:08:02 pm »

Yeah, I read about that. I was thinking he would be half-crazed, slightly mad with power and yet insanely intelligent. Would I need to buff up the original post?
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 16, 2011, 12:09:15 pm »

You need to give him a name, a backstory, what he does, looks like. Before you will be considered for approval by the GM.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 16, 2011, 12:10:10 pm »

On it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 16, 2011, 12:11:46 pm »

I personally would NOT recommend playing a mage in this game. Magic is far too risky and dangerous, not to mention the complicated ruleset ontop of the already complex rule set. You are just making things hard for yourself.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 16, 2011, 12:12:41 pm »

I'd recommend against playing just another mage. If you absolutely want to, don't make the fact you are a magician the main part of your character. Us politicians have much more fun.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 16, 2011, 12:14:05 pm »

Hey Zako, a few pages ago I think you talked about granting me lands... Can I hear how you meant to do that?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 16, 2011, 12:26:30 pm »

Oh forget about it now. I was gonna use you as a puppet noble, as in getting lands and property for me by using your name. I would have paid you, but I see that it would be unlikely for me to get land, plus what spymaster actually OWNS land? I will invest my money in businesses instead, and have the owners of the land I want to have property built on build it in their name and give me a cut of the profits. I would even give them the money to build the stuff in the first place.

Everybody wins.  ;)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 16, 2011, 12:37:57 pm »

Huh. Well, I'll try my hand at this magic beeswax after writing that (my first post is edited, by the way) and if it doesn't work out I'll try to do something less dangerous.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 16, 2011, 12:43:29 pm »

I suggest you not so readily declare that you are a warlock. Otherwise, you just have to wait for the GM to accept it or not.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 16, 2011, 12:44:32 pm »

Would that not involve changing everything though? It's pretty obvious from the off that he's magical.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 16, 2011, 12:45:36 pm »

Yet he changed his identity.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 634