Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239837 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2220 on: March 23, 2013, 03:05:54 am »

Doublepost for bragging!!!

http://dotabuff.com/players/42222911

BAM! Played a couple of great games with Twilightwalker and Desudoom and they brought me over to 57% winrate! Woo! Onward to 58%!

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: March 23, 2013, 03:13:25 pm »

Troll hill on doom is legit. Why? Because with the heal comes a +2 mana/sec aura. If your lane mate can use it properly, it's a cool thing to have.

And the heal is great too. Like having tranquils always up for alomst no mana thanks to the aura.

By the way umi, I approve your NP builds. Minus the agha.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:15:10 pm by ranter »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: March 23, 2013, 04:27:53 pm »

Ignoring my first 30 or so games as him, all my Aghs have been built when I decided to end the game. Aghs on Prophet is really really powerful as the nuke is almost Zeus level. It's also excellent for stopping enemy pushes dead.

It also has the nice effect of forcing your team to push, which was mostly why I got it.

When I first started Dota 2 I used to rush it on him all the time. It was primarily because back then I was so garbage at last hitting that when I discovered this bastard who could farm shittonnes of gold without having to care about last hitting, it was all I wanted to do. Kinda learned to stop that after awhile.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: March 23, 2013, 06:11:18 pm »

Had a game with Kagus and Ponylover9000 and you can call Kagus Hank Hill because he does ProBane and ProBane accessories.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: March 23, 2013, 06:54:52 pm »

Troll hill on doom is legit. Why? Because with the heal comes a +2 mana/sec aura. If your lane mate can use it properly, it's a cool thing to have.

And the heal is great too. Like having tranquils always up for alomst no mana thanks to the aura.

Is it still legit when everyone is level 18 or higher?  I can fully understand him using it early on (even though he jungled, so no lane mate), but it seems like there are so many other, better things he could have swapped it out for later on.

Nice to know about the aura, though.  Wasn't aware of that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: March 24, 2013, 02:17:45 pm »

A team just blew the Maelk award out of the water.

For those not in the know, the Maelk award is given when you go 0 20 and your team still wins. The name comes from EG.Maelk who died 40 times as Venomancer and EG still won the match.

This is a pseudo-pub game containing a lot of pros and 1800+ game players from SEA: http://dotabuff.com/matches/132769641

0 53 0 Sven.

How da fuck?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: March 24, 2013, 02:34:28 pm »

Technically, the Maelk award was for going 0-20 and still winning. I've watched enough of Tobi to know that.  ;)

But... wow. If this was actually semi-pro-level, I'm bloody amazed. Maelk was actually contributing to the team - Venomancer's totally viable initiating, popping his ulti, and then dying while the rest of his team cleans house. Sven, not so much.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: March 24, 2013, 02:41:22 pm »

I'm a big proponent of the Maelk award ^^

If someone wants a game around 9:00pm GMT, I'll be online! :) CM would be interesting, I enjoy that quite a lot.

Maybe the Sven was just Storm Hammer / Warcry support? O_O

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: March 24, 2013, 03:33:57 pm »

He has 0 assists. So he was clearly no where near a teamfight. He also has only 7 last hits, so clearly he wasn't near creeps either.

The guy playing him is a well known Taiwanese player. Some kind of next-level strats that we mortals will never understand.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: March 24, 2013, 03:41:06 pm »

I would've said he was a full-blown support, with that CS level... but you're right, 0 assists.

Do you still get assists if you die before the enemy? Still, it's implausible that he died first in 53 consecutive fights. He reached level 12, so obviously he wasn't AFKing in base the whole time...

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: March 24, 2013, 03:45:34 pm »

"I'm gonna troll this game so hard. I'm gonna be a Sven ward / dust / smoke bitch."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: March 24, 2013, 04:01:53 pm »

I would've said he was a full-blown support, with that CS level... but you're right, 0 assists.

Do you still get assists if you die before the enemy? Still, it's implausible that he died first in 53 consecutive fights. He reached level 12, so obviously he wasn't AFKing in base the whole time...
You actually don't get assists if you die before the enemy I think. It's actually kinda complicated.

I think it's something like... if your allied hero gets a kill then he gets everything if you died before the kill. But if a tower or creep kills and you contributed, then you'll get an assist and gold. Though I know you also get assists just by being in the general vicinity of a kill too.

No idea really. It's probably why this result is so unbelievable hahaha.

---------------------

Edit: If you guys want to watch another great, unbelievable comeback game the likes of which the gods themselves must have descended and forced a victory... then watch this: http://www.twitch.tv/thegdstudio/b/381823158

No Tidehunter vs Fnatic. I think it starts about 1 hour 10 minutes into the video. If you're pressed for time, you can skip the first 30 minutes as well. You won't believe how this game ends.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: March 24, 2013, 04:56:00 pm »

And people are getting custom servers up. Look at this reddit thread for info on how to get in
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1avrw7/custom_247_servers_available/

I got a sylla with dragon tail, battery assault, static link and walrus punch. It was ridiculous: Get in -> dragon tail -> battery assault+static link and just waltz near them charging static link -> when you have static link up, walrus punch for a thousand damage.

Add a veno with snowball to get me in and you have a combination of victory.

Edit: Better page with servers
http://dota.cattes.us/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:42:54 am by ranter »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: March 27, 2013, 03:36:46 pm »

New Hero also Wisp is now Io

- Added Bristleback!

GAMEPLAY
- Broodmother: Fixed Insatiable Hunger cooldown on level 1 and 3.
- Dragon Knight: Fixed Dragon Blood armor bonus not carrying over to Illusions.
- Dragon Knight: Fixed Elder Dragon Form frost slow getting dispelled when target initially becomes Magic Immune.
- Doom: Fixed Doom damage being blocked by Pipe.
- Enchantress: Fixed Nature's Attendants lasting 1 second less than intended.
- Huskar: Fixed Life Break leap moving too fast.
- Magnus: Fixed Shockwave hitting units behind you.
- Mirana: Fixed Mirana's Leap range being slightly too short.
- Nyx Assassin: Fixed Impale traveling too far.
- Phantom Lancer: Fixed being able to have 1 juxtapose illusion too many
- Razor: Fixed Static Link break range being 25 too short.
- Shadow Shaman: Fixed Shackles doing a little less damage than intended.
- Slark: Fixed Pounce not initiating an attack order on the leashed target.
- Templar Assassin: Fixed Meld buff getting dispelled.
- Visage: Fixed Familiars not getting affected by Chronosphere.
- Weaver: Fixed being The Swarm units being unable to Latch onto sleeping units.
- Weaver: Fixed The Swarm getting permanently dispelled if the enemy is invulnerable .
- Weaver: Fixed the Swarm units not doing their initial attack immediately upon latching.
- Added Psuedo Random chance for Roshan's Bash.
- Fixed Eye of Skadi frost slow getting dispelled when target initially becomes Magic Immune.
- Fixed Diffusal Blade proccing multiple damage instances.
- Fixed heroes flickering on the minimap when walking by Sentry Wards while under Smoke of Deceit.

UI
- Pausing in a practice or tournament game now prevents the team that paused from querying units, moving the camera or accessing the shop.
- Added ability and item notes, detailed tooltips that will display only if ALT is pressed.
- Adjusted Replay Highlight scene leadin time a bit.
- Arcane Boots now has 'mana' as a shop alias.
- Wisp name change to Io.
- Added 10 second rewind button to replay controls.
- Spectator Items panel now takes up less space and shows items ordered by value.
- Steam friends can be added, removed, and friendship requests confirmed/ignored from within Dota 2.

VISUALS
- New Vengeful Spirit model.
- Added in-game models for when the following items are dropped from inventory into the world: Gem of True Sight, Observer Wards, and Sentry Wards.

BOTS
- Added Bounty Hunter bot.
- Significantly revised how Roam mode works.

AUDIO
- Revised Beastmaster's voice.

DOTA 2 STORE
- Added the Treasure Key of the Cursed Wood and the Treasure Key of the Shaper Divine.
- Several old keys have returned to the store along with a very low drop rate for some older community chests.
- The current set of community crates will no longer expire, but their drop rate will be decreased over time and their rarity increased over time.
- Added new sets for Brewmaster, Lich, Riki, Juggernaut, Beastmaster, and Spectre.
- Added a couple new couriers!
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: March 27, 2013, 06:53:14 pm »

So after getting my bearings with a few bot games, notably figuring out starting items and noticing how much more regen-heavy early game dota is compared to LoL, I decided to try my first real, live-player game. I knew it was gonna suck, but I also knew there was no getting around that, and figured there were probably enough complete and utter jackasses that I wouldn't be the worst person in the game, if only because I was a relatively quiet feeder.

Turns out, my fears were completely unfounded. We had a dc/afker and someone on their first game ever, and I got first blood off someone tower diving me and a few more kills off people not remembering what low health means to Necrolyte or underestimating how strong I was. Didn't run and let my aura do enough work, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 246