Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239833 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2205 on: March 20, 2013, 11:13:00 pm »

Would have been good, ye. :D But we didn't need it in the end. In the last fight or two even Echo Slam did hardly any damage. My part was a formality, Void (that dude you played with) just munched everyone. :P

baggiop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: March 21, 2013, 05:31:50 am »

How can I install dota2 to not primary partition ?

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: March 21, 2013, 05:50:18 am »

steam > settings > download + cloud > steam library folder.

baggiop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: March 21, 2013, 06:01:50 am »

thanks :)  If I install to second partition steam,will game then install there or on primary ?

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: March 21, 2013, 10:31:10 am »

I'm not sure I understand your question?

baggiop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: March 21, 2013, 12:05:17 pm »

For example :  I have two partition C and D   ... If I install steam to D  will games install to D or to C ?

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: March 21, 2013, 12:14:26 pm »

It will install to the folder you specify.
Each partition has an unique drive letter anyways.

Just pick a folder on the drive/partition you want.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: March 21, 2013, 07:06:56 pm »

Tried a private botmatch out earlier to try out some Doomsupport.  And while I still have ABSOLUTELY no idea how the frig you're supposed to nail a Midas by the 3-minute mark, I did eventually manage to get my income under control and start racking up the items.

Which is when things started going poorly for the bot team, since I eventually crawled my way up to becoming an infernal nuker.

Built a Dagon 5 (even though I know that anything above 3 is just silly and unrealistic, but hey), the Ethereal blade, yadda yadda...  And then I noticed that not only does Doom's immense stat gain make him do over 300 damage just by initiating ether blast with the blade, it also appears to increase the extra damage caused by LVL? Death.

So you're doing 275+20% of max health, plus 40% of that.  Stack a Dagon blast in there, and things are starting to look quite disturbing indeed.  At least for that poor skeleton king who thought his Tarrasque'd healthbar would save him, only to find out that I either got lucky with my timing or Doom disables Reincarnation.

Things dragged out way too long and I fluffed up the early game horribly with pathetic farming...  But still, it was fun, and even post-lategame where most everyone was level 25 I still had the ability to turn a teamfight by instantly obliterating the enemy carry or Death Prophet or whoever was causing trouble.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: March 22, 2013, 09:57:09 am »

Dagon 1 is good. Dagon 5 it's really good, even if it is expensive. The average dagons are 2-4, the burst/price relation is not good enough. But having a 800 nuke on 15 sec cd? Wonderful.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: March 22, 2013, 10:21:48 am »

Personally, I'm of the mindset that if you buy a Dagon, you need to at least get a Dagon III to make it worth your while. A Dagon V is just brutal and the INT gain (esp if you're a Windrunner or something) is also really useful.

Public Question : Does Doom disable reincarnation? It would make sense. IIRC reincarn pops if Skelly King is silenced but Doom is a SOOPER DOOPER silence so maybe it doesn't.

HOME TOMORROW WHERE I CAN PLAY DOTA 2 WITH Y'ALL ALL DAY :D

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: March 22, 2013, 10:23:58 am »

AFAIK DOOOOM (all caps mandatory) doesn't disable Reincarnation.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: March 22, 2013, 10:33:35 am »

Nope, Dagon 1 is good to burst people early game. Getting it to three doesn't reduces the CD enough for it to be spammed and only gives about 150 extra damage, which you could get for not much more money with a veil.

Now, lvl 5 is worthwhile only because of the cd. A Laguna blade on 15 sec CD. 15 sec CD. That's the CD of a storm hammer.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: March 22, 2013, 11:49:52 am »

I find it quite offensive that you told everyone how awesome the GD studio was, without linking out the two one-year anniversary videos that came out a few days ago. I was pretty much falling out of my chair laughing, and others probably will too.

Part 1
Part 2

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: March 22, 2013, 04:35:00 pm »

That'd make sense since I Doomed SK a couple other times that I'm SURE were kills, but he walked into the fog before I could see it actually happen.  And since no kill message came up, I figured he must have either burst healed somehow or just died and risen again.  But then there was that one time when I managed to team up on him with some random other bot and we killed him proper the first time around.

Played some co-op matches recently with a fellow who clearly knew exactly what he was doing...  At least with regards to bots.  First match with him, he took Axe and from the very first minute started in on a beyond godlike killstreak that lead to him utterly claiming the top lane and getting 14 kills before I'd even leveled up to 6 in mid.  And he never stopped, either, just continually slaughtering bot after bot after bot.

That time I was impressed, even if he did make sure to take all the kills himself.  Second time I wasn't so impressed, since he took Vengeful Spirit and proceeded to do exactly the same thing, if only mildly less effective than his Axe run.  I specifically saw him take kills that he could have given to carries, and since he never uttered a single word to anyone or bought wards or did anything else of the sort, I figured that he's probably just someone who knows how to exploit the bot AI but either doesn't know how the proper game works or prefers not to care about it for the sake of his own self-importance.  Even in co-op games I attempt to play in a reasonable or semi-reasonable fashion, if only so I get used to it for proper games.

Also, am I the only one who finds it interesting that they've programmed bot AIs for heroes who require a not-insignificant amount of human thought and planning in order to be particularly effective?  The latest offenders being Jakiro and Sand King, who are probably the best examples of that weirdness.  It seems to me as though they could have picked other characters that the AI would have an easier time doing a passable job with.

Watched a game with Doom earlier today too, to see how real people play him.  I noticed the carry tendencies being shown, but also some weird stuff (also talked with the other spectators, one of whom felt that Eth Blade on Doom was the dumbest thing he'd ever heard), like for instance taking LVL? Death at level 4; before he either has the mana to cast it properly or anyone in the game has a level divisible by six, and also devouring and holding on to the hill troll heal spell for the rest of the game...  Dude, it's 15 HP, you and everyone else has 1400...  You do the math.

I think my new favorite devoured skill is actually Purge.  God damn, gotta love that Purge...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: March 22, 2013, 05:09:17 pm »

If you guys want to get custom modded dashboards for Dota 2, check them out here: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1atnn2/any_hud_for_free/

There's no risk involved since Valve will never ban you for changing your UI and you shouldn't need to have to keep doing this every patch as the directory will be the same. Essentially a free way to get nice HUDs.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 246