Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51542 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #495 on: September 04, 2011, 08:00:34 am »

Secretly bait a predator of the Escali to them and then smite it(the predator)
Exactly what is this going to achieve?  How does it benefit Organis or the Escali?
It won't piss them off and it shows we can be nice when we want to. As mutating an escali is only likely to piss them off, this is a more immediate possible solution (not saying we shouldn't mutate them, but we should wait until there are more of them).
So...killing one of their predators will endear them to us?  If we wanted to be more effective, we should wipe out the entire species of their predators.  At least then the Escali will know that we care about them ( sort of ) and that our power is great. 

But still, is the mutated Escali avatar/prophet/chosen one still a good idea?  It will give them someone to rally around, not to mention provide some good leadership.
Well I figured we shouldn't meddle to far into the affairs of other gods (there are like 3 gods of the sea) by killing too many of their pets. Though killing more than 1 would be better.

They currently have leadership, so effectively brainwashing one of them (which is what they'd consider it as) would make them loathe us. There's only 10 of them, so they're all probably good friends.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 04, 2011, 08:07:54 am »

Secretly bait a predator of the Escali to them and then smite it(the predator)
Exactly what is this going to achieve?  How does it benefit Organis or the Escali?
It won't piss them off and it shows we can be nice when we want to. As mutating an escali is only likely to piss them off, this is a more immediate possible solution (not saying we shouldn't mutate them, but we should wait until there are more of them).
So...killing one of their predators will endear them to us?  If we wanted to be more effective, we should wipe out the entire species of their predators.  At least then the Escali will know that we care about them ( sort of ) and that our power is great. 

But still, is the mutated Escali avatar/prophet/chosen one still a good idea?  It will give them someone to rally around, not to mention provide some good leadership.
Well I figured we shouldn't meddle to far into the affairs of other gods (there are like 3 gods of the sea) by killing too many of their pets. Though killing more than 1 would be better.

They currently have leadership, so effectively brainwashing one of them (which is what they'd consider it as) would make them loathe us. There's only 10 of them, so they're all probably good friends.

If we wanted to earn their loyalty and help out with their predator problem, we should just mutate the Escali so that they would have anti-predator adaptations that are immediately useful without warping the Escali to the point that they hate us. 

Orrl, their leader, can actually be the chosen one.  This way, leadership wouldn't even have to change hands.  Also, we don't have to brainwash them, we just have to show that by following the Escali Neo, they would have a much better future. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 04, 2011, 08:12:16 am »

If we wanted to earn their loyalty and help out with their predator problem, we should just mutate the Escali so that they would have anti-predator adaptations that are immediately useful without warping the Escali to the point that they hate us. 

Orrl, their leader, can actually be the chosen one.  This way, leadership wouldn't even have to change hands.  Also, we don't have to brainwash them, we just have to show that by following the Escali Neo, they would have a much better future.
Giving them anti-predator adaptions does sound good.

We should probably still put off mutating for a prophet until they trust us a bit more.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 04, 2011, 08:17:23 am »

We should probably still put off mutating for a prophet until they trust us a bit more.

Agreed. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 04, 2011, 09:04:10 am »

We should probably still put off mutating for a prophet until they trustfear us a bit more.

It's pointless just being nice to everyone when they don't respect you at all.
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 04, 2011, 09:28:47 am »

Nightmares are a bad idea. Also, showing up in the nick of time to kill a predator is a bad idea. The escali are smart, and can smell out food bribes and set ups. They will likely revile mutations we give them. I bring up again the possibility of lacing their food with be-loyal-to-Organis stuff. One crazy, crazy alternative is to ask them after the feast if they still don't like being sentient. We can then offer to remove their sentience, which if I understand the escali they will happily accept. Doing so could earn us humanity points, and a date with the Lady of the Deep, who we are totally going to seduce with our beard. Could also make us look good in the pantheon, and give Valahun an indirect "fuck you". Plus it means we don't have to split our focus between the human and escali worlds. If nothing else, the escali gave us practice and some hard lessons in giving sentience for worship.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 04, 2011, 09:30:22 am »

Nightmares are a bad idea. Also, showing up in the nick of time to kill a predator is a bad idea. The escali are smart, and can smell out food bribes and set ups. They will likely revile mutations we give them. I bring up again the possibility of lacing their food with be-loyal-to-Organis stuff. One crazy, crazy alternative is to ask them after the feast if they still don't like being sentient. We can then offer to remove their sentience, which if I understand the escali they will happily accept. Doing so could earn us humanity points, and a date with the Lady of the Deep, who we are totally going to seduce with our beard. Could also make us look good in the pantheon, and give Valahun an indirect "fuck you". Plus it means we don't have to split our focus between the human and escali worlds. If nothing else, the escali gave us practice and some hard lessons in giving sentience for worship.

This plan seems strangely cool, other than the fact that we'll lose worshipers. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 04, 2011, 09:50:36 am »

We're not keeping these worshipers without some kind of brainwashing chemical anyway. Our current history is plague and forcing giant mollusks to worship us. I think we can set up a more positive history, especially considering that Valahun will blackmail us in the future. He didn't tell anyone that we caused the madness disease. Chances are we'll be accused of only letting the escali go to make ourself look good, or of not doing anything but fixing a problem we started. Smooth talking should fix that. "I would not cause myself a heartbreak like that for vain political gains." The loss of followers is bad, but the potential friends we can make are good. Plus, the escali aren't the only ones we can bring sentience to. Perhaps bottle their current sentience up so we can reuse it in the future? Not that it will completely remove the cost of bringing sentience to anyone, since smart escali are easier to make self-aware than ants. I suppose we can start looking for something else to make sentient, or focus our belief on our human society. Moving to another species is like sticking with the current one and spending belief on them to make them different.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:52:14 am by peglegpengeuin »

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 04, 2011, 11:46:30 am »

This plan seems strangely cool, other than the fact that we'll lose worshipers. 

I agree with it.

Also, i think that we should create another species, rather than making species we didn't create sentient.
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 04, 2011, 12:14:06 pm »

Also, i think that we should create another species, rather than making species we didn't create sentient.

That would probably make them a ton more loyal. Problem is the belief cost. Not sure which is cheaper, making a new species that makes sense to be sentient or turning an existing stupid animal sentient. Probably hard for micelus to come up with a non-estimate belief cost unless we're specific about what we're making. Any ideas?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 04, 2011, 12:38:54 pm »

That would probably make them a ton more loyal. Problem is the belief cost. Not sure which is cheaper, making a new species that makes sense to be sentient or turning an existing stupid animal sentient. Probably hard for micelus to come up with a non-estimate belief cost unless we're specific about what we're making. Any ideas?
We've already got giant ants in which our power is all over. We could turn the queens and males sentient, while leaving drones mindless. In this way we could skirt belief and have a worshiping race we "made". Though we should probably infuse their being with knowledge of their creator, so they hopefully aren't as annoying as the Escali.
    This is just an idea.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 04, 2011, 02:19:07 pm »

We've already got giant ants in which our power is all over. We could turn the queens and males sentient, while leaving drones mindless. In this way we could skirt belief and have a worshiping race we "made". Though we should probably infuse their being with knowledge of their creator, so they hopefully aren't as annoying as the Escali.
    This is just an idea.
I support this.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 04, 2011, 04:10:11 pm »

Me to
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37