Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51497 times)

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #465 on: August 30, 2011, 09:20:27 pm »

"The Uivars? A major offensive? I truly doubt that; they've haven't been entirely united ever since the Shadow dissapeared. Since then they and their spirits and gods have been fighting each other for control. How else does this state survive? Oh and you can visit the North anytime you like, just don't try to get the people angered."

I wish we could get the whole history of this place from one of these guys, but I get the feeling time constraints will kick us out before we get the juicy parts. It's important that the Shadow "disappeared". We should ask if anyone knows why. The answer should be a quick "no". Maybe he'll throw in some popular theories. We can also ask why the Uivar went to war with the pantheon in the first place, and what gods or spirits that may be known to exist within the Uivar world.

Also, in case you guys haven't noticed, Valahun is keeping our foul play a secret. They don't know we caused any plaguery. Though our plague was small, so it might be worth asking if there's any disease someone else caused. We also know Valahun keeps secrets. That is a bad, scary thing.

Now for a craaaaaazy idea. As a last resort, we can separate from our madness, which is the only part of us attached to the madness cube. Doing so will free us from Valahun's grasp. Again, last resort. Let us never use it. Madness is very useful to a dream god. And raw madness is scary.

Also, we should definitely make a greater dream realm by attaching our follower's dreams. We could retreat to such a world if we get in danger, and we should be more powerful there on the off-chance that we're followed. A temple could be built in this realm, mainly cause that's freaking awesome. Does making a collective dream realm cost more than making a new dimension? Whoever wanted the Escali to have contact with our humans, this is the perfect way, though I don't see how that would be useful. Perhaps some information could be passed from the humans to the Escali this way to speed-up their ascent into civilization? Those who serve us the best could be given the gift of immortality within our dream realm, while their body enters an endless sleep. And then dies. But they don't, cause they're in the dream world. Could be a good way to hold prophets, which we can send to other people's dreams. Or give the prophet subordinate dream angels to do that. Though we'd have to be careful about that. Permanent citizens of the dream realm could also be used to maintain it 24/7.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 31, 2011, 12:39:09 am »

Slightly less than a void realm, at first. Then you have to factor in the minor costs and the upkeep costs.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 31, 2011, 04:55:06 am »

You ask one more question, why did the Shadow disappear?

"Wouldn't have a clue. They never tell you these things really, you just find out as you go along."

You politely leave their group and decide to go join the conversation of another. Then everyone is absorbed by spheres of light.

You find yourself in a throne once more, with Dregith to your left.
"Yes, after some thoughts and debate, I do believe that we shall leave this business about Uivars for another day."

The talks go on and on for hours, perhaps days. It was hard to tell. The talks varied from punishments, strange anomalies, events, politics, mortal happenings, and other things. Eventually, the meeting ended  and the various personifications left. Eventually, none were left except you and Valahun. He looked towards you and dropped his face of slight bemusement for a face of sheer seriousness.
"Now Organis, it is time for that mission I spoke of at our last meeting...I have kept this from the rest of the Pantheon, and as you are yet to prove to me your worth, I entrust you with this task. I do believe you were born from the void, like many of us you found this world through rips and shadows in reality. You saw this planet when you came, yes? You must have seen the continents, and the great purple mass in the western hemisphere, yes? Well I have spoken to it, and I do believe we have an alliance against the Uivars. You shall be my ambassador."

He gives you a moment to think. Why you?
"Now we both know you have raised a species to sentience, the escali I do believe. I would advise you to use them in aiding our ally. I need you to complete our alliance and help it with bringing its troops over to this continent, and finally retake it."

"Oh and one more thing, you may have noticed that it has been harder for you to leave this world, harder for you to jump into the sky. You are becoming part of this world, as much as the air is. It happens to all who stay in one place too long, why else do we not just hover over the Uivar lands and scan the their territories?"

Summary of Talks:

Punishment of New Gods: Debated, majority vote: NO.
Strange Events: Investigation launched.
Assault on Uivars: Denied by Patriarch; too dangerous.
End of Uivar raids: Discussed. Possible reasons mass attack or uniting of the clans or Shadow returning.
Grandmaster of the Dragon's Talon assassinated.
Scarcity of fish: Discussed. Reasons vary from new predators to pollution of habitats.
Imprison Epan: Debated, majority vote: NO
Open Void Gates on planet surface: Debated and discussed, majority vote: NO
Ready skirmish and raiding forces on Uivar lands: Debated, majority vote :YES

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:27:48 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 31, 2011, 05:15:43 am »

Ask exactly what the purple continent is, and ask for more details.  And yeah, do the mission, suck up, we still want to backstab him right? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 31, 2011, 06:00:25 am »

Yes, Ask about the purple continent.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 31, 2011, 09:51:58 am »

I fear this is a trap. Anyway, it would be good to leave for a bit so as to avoid getting attached to the land. Maybe enter outer space for a bit. Will cost us some belief to pull off, but better that we do it now before it gets too expensive. Then, perhaps, we should continue the  Attachment sucks. Assassination is suspicious, and proof that enemies of the pantheon are in the pantheon. Funny that they want to imprison Epan. We could also ask Valahun if there is any plagueness other than what we made. We should also not force the escali into this conflict. We should not even let them know about the conflict. If they do learn of it, tell them it has nothing to do with them. A people so early in their history should not enter the realms of war.

Theory: Valahun is stuck where he is. He doesn't like that. Somehow he needs purple thingy to get away. We should ask someone other than Valahun what the purple thingy is. Eventually someone should know. Purple thing could be Valahun's boss. Poor thing, being separated from his boss for so long. Anyone have any ideas as to how we can kill the purple thing? I was thinking insects that burrow into its skin, suck up its power, and use its power to protect themselves from purple's attacks. Could also have the insects explode using his own power to damage him from the inside so he can't take over our insects (hard to concentrate on mass spell when targets keep changing in number). An alternative may involve getting the Lady of the Deep involved, moving purple into her realm somehow. Final alternative is to take out (or over) its followers and leave it to rot without their worship.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 31, 2011, 09:58:20 am »

Dude its a landmass not a god or its just a gaint storm threatening all of life no bigdeal.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 31, 2011, 10:19:03 am »

"...the great purple mass in the western hemisphere, yes? Well I have spoken to it, and I do believe we have an alliance against the Uivars. You shall be my ambassador."
"...becoming part of this world... why else do we not just hover over the Uivar lands and scan the their territories?"

Obviously the purple continent is a god, or else a very big creature. Also, how did Valahun set up such a strong alliance with a creature he cannot travel to? One that he needs an ambassador to communicate with. We are definitely being used. Got to ask someone trustworthy about the purple continent. One of the originals to the pantheon, perhaps? Preferably a nicer one. We did take note of who hated the new gods, right? Drivah might give us answers even if (s)he hates us.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 31, 2011, 01:15:51 pm »

Suspicious. Obvious trap, or being used as a tool in a conflict that could eventually turn on us.

Speak to the minor gods we befriended, and Epan, as she was persecuted. Find out why they wanted to punish Epan, and find out from the minor gods what the purple mass is. I don't remember if Vahahun forbid us of mentioning the specifics of our mission, and we don't want to give away all our cards, so lets be vague. Say we saw a purple mass when we came into this world, and are wondering what it is.

I have a feeling Vahahun is testing us, and using us. We can either blow his plan, betray him and be punished, side with the purple mass, side with the shadow, or play everyone. He knows we have special abilities other gods don't, and that we're still not fully linked to this world. This means we are, as of now, a valuable tool in his quest to conquer the entire world.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 31, 2011, 02:50:07 pm »

Speak to the minor gods we befriended, and Epan, as she was persecuted. Find out why they wanted to punish Epan, and find out from the minor gods what the purple mass is. I don't remember if Vahahun forbid us of mentioning the specifics of our mission, and we don't want to give away all our cards, so lets be vague. Say we saw a purple mass when we came into this world, and are wondering what it is.
Sounds good. I also agree about not involving the escali if we can help it, and finding time to leave the planet so we're not bound so tightly. We should probably also ask about those hidden mountain cities one of the gods mentioned.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 31, 2011, 06:03:41 pm »

Sounds good. I also agree about not involving the escali if we can help it, and finding time to leave the planet so we're not bound so tightly. We should probably also ask about those hidden mountain cities one of the gods mentioned.

I agree.
[/size][/size]
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 02, 2011, 05:48:39 am »

You ask what exactly this being is.

"It is...a mortal that acts as if it was immortal ...And I am not one to argue on that point. Its power and knowledge is as great as any god. To be sure I'am not sure...Our last conversation ended after its envoy exploded."

"You must leave soon...I give you leave"

You are transported back to your village. Everything seems to be going well, the temple was nowhere near built but everyone was going about with their lives. Your blessed seems to have little to report besides that they had heard rumours of corpses found along major roads.

After inspecting your village (well some of its yours anyway) for any change, you decide you should try to leave this planet so you don't become stuck. (4-2) It takes much of your will and belief, but you leave the planet. Space, haven't been up here in a while. -5000 belief.

You return to your village and think of a way to gather data on the purple...thing. Perhaps some of those other gods would know...Now only if you know where they lived. Well you guessed that Dregith lived on that island to the north...but you have no idea where everyone else was.

In unrelated news, your escali have stopped at one of their reststops to their feeding ground. Orrl's daughter has been creating some tools and weaponry of some sorts.

Belief 2590pts
Growth 3613pts

Traits
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Followers

Artifacts

Plagues

Leaders

Personifications

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:00:57 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 02, 2011, 05:59:21 am »

Just do what Valahun says, for now. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 02, 2011, 09:44:34 am »

Just do what Valahun says, for now.

I agree.
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 02, 2011, 10:33:02 am »

Rather than fly to the purple mass and risk being caught, destroyed or, even worse, absorbed, we should travel to the Northlands and meet with our friend. Find out what his people have to say about about the world's politics, as a far-away people/land will definitely have a different view of things to give us some perspective. That, and we can make a friend, maybe get some intel.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37