Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 50109 times)

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #510 on: September 05, 2011, 01:46:17 am »

Also we could use the ants(they are giant, right?) to help out in the war effort, or perhaps use them to help our dudes build temples dedicated to us.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 05, 2011, 03:00:13 am »

In the North
Immediately after you arrive at the island, you sense another god's presence. It's coming closer...Then you realize its Dregith. You see him in the distance, just walking on the ice. You fly up to him, and land just ahead of him.

"Organis? Didn't expect you so soon. Well welcome to the North, any reason your up here?"

You explain to him that your would like to know about his first experiences on the planet.

"Well...lets see...I got near those hole things, ended up here, and saw all this white stuff from the above. I just went and charged in really, and now I'm pretty much stuck here. From there I found some worshipers and met with the Pantheon. Nothing more than that really."

You ask for permission to look around the island, he shrugs and lets you.

The island, for the most part, is frozen. To the south one can find land unfrozen all year around. Volcanoes and geysers dot the island. Populations are centered on the coast.

After looking around the island, you decide that there isn't much point in staying, after saying bye to Dregith, you go and visit your sentient escali.

The Escali

The escali have been...unruly with you ever since you gave them sentience. Perhaps they would prefer it if they were back to being unsentient?

You go looking for the escali. Seems that they're just chilling of the western coast of the continent. Strange, the escali are migratory in nature.

You go and meet with the escali in physical form. -500 belief

Organis swims through the waters, with scales glistening in their many colours. He goes deeper and deeper, and finally he finds the escali herd. Before you can get to Orrl, an escali swims out of now where and blocks your path.

"My lord? I see you." From what you can see, this seems to be an escali greeting.

"I am Lef, the patriarch's daughter". Obviously, she's the one making those tools and weapons. Actually, you can see a giant harpoon in her tentacles and there is a huge sack with plants attached to her shell.

"Ever since you've granted us your gift, I've been making some tools as you can see. Well ever since you gave us those plants, I've been convincing father-patriarch to help me plant them. After some nagging, he's given up and now we're staying here until I can grow a crop. Course that's going to take a while with all this work, no idea how to plant and all. Everyone else is helping too."

While Orrl seemed to be resistant to your gift and traditional, Lef took advantage of every thing you had ever given. She would be matriarch someday, which was good.

((I'm leaving the turn here; I'm sure your actions will change after that relevation. Also, turning the ants sentient will be EXTREMELY expensive compared to the escali; the escali were a step below sentient, the ants aren't even close))

Belief 7316pts
Growth 3613pts

Traits
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Followers

Artifacts

Plagues

Leaders

Personifications
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:34:24 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 05, 2011, 03:23:00 am »

Discreetly assassinate Orrl so that his daughter can assume command, and lead the Escali to a brighter future. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 05, 2011, 03:42:55 am »

Help the crops to grow
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 05, 2011, 04:30:56 am »

The escali are an asset waiting to happen. Just give them a generation or two and they won't be able to remember a time without sentience, the idea that we could take it away from them would be a terror, and likely guide them to a more passionate worship.

Anyway, the whole purple continent things seems like a no-brainer to me. We ask Lef to find at least one volunteer for such a mission for their god, we piggy-back in their mind, and when we go meet with the purple continent we meet it inside the dreams of our loyal follower.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 05, 2011, 07:12:02 am »

How are ants nowhere near sentient? They build bloody underground cities! They're basically Dorfs!
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 05, 2011, 09:50:26 am »

Ha, we're appearing so often in dream form that it costs us belief to appear in not-dream form. I expected us to ask Dregith a bit more about mr. purple continent, or who seemed friendly in the pantheon, or how to get in contact with someone who knows more about the purple continent, but oh well. I think part of the reason nobody gave suggestions like that was because we expected another update where we talked to Dregith. That, and because I threw the discussion onto the escali. Speaking of which, we shouldn't involve our beloved escali in the affairs of the stupid humans. Even if it turns out they're incredibly loyal. Besides, who's to say the purple continent can't kill us while we're in its dreams? So long as we keep our distance from the port city, Valahun shouldn't be able to do anything to us, giving us infinite plus one time to get intel. That's assuming the more powerful magical doohickeys Valahun still has planted on us don't have infinite range. He can probably still see everything we do. Not this turn, but next turn I say we return to Dregith and finally let him in on our concerns. As for the escali... I have no idea what we should do. Not kill Orrl for sure, though.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 05, 2011, 10:02:23 am »

How are ants nowhere near sentient? They build bloody underground cities! They're basically Dorfs!

Understand, they are small insects with lots of legs, which talk using their antennae, doesn't know what they are. They are just programmed to do whatever they do, did you think about the size of their brains?

But talking of giant ants... their brain might just be around as big as that of a human, or even bigger. I think they are near sentience. It's my opinion, anyway. Maybe they just need more B Vitamins to enhance their nervous system, eh?
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 05, 2011, 02:28:09 pm »

Understand, they are small insects with lots of legs, which talk using their antennae, doesn't know what they are. They are just programmed to do whatever they do, did you think about the size of their brains?

But talking of giant ants... their brain might just be around as big as that of a human, or even bigger. I think they are near sentience. It's my opinion, anyway. Maybe they just need more B Vitamins to enhance their nervous system, eh?

The problem is, when we made the giant ants, all we did was increase their size proportionally. Even with their larger brains, they still think like ants, only better. A ant would look for food, bring back to colony. A giant ant would look for food, check if its safe, then bring back to colony. While this is somewhat more intelligent than an ant, even a giant ant has no idea about playing, about learning, about fiction or respect of the dead, things more sentient animals such as bonobos and elephants form and do. The queens themselves just lay eggs and give out orders for the survival of the colony, There is slightly more intelligence there, but not much.

Also fun fact, if giant ants were real, they would die from one prick (don't remember where I heard this).
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 05, 2011, 03:09:40 pm »

They would die from lack of air thats why we don't have dog size black widows but we should make them more intelligent enough to learn not to attack any of the local villages or their livestock.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 05, 2011, 03:51:33 pm »

It's my understanding that they aren't even smarter. They don't have more neurons, their neurons are just bigger. If anything, they're slightly stupider since it takes longer for messages to travel between parts of the brain. Also don't recall hearing that they're attacking people. That doesn't mean they aren't though. I'd assumed they were just far from civilization doing ant things.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 05, 2011, 04:00:25 pm »

It's my understanding that they aren't even smarter. They don't have more neurons, their neurons are just bigger. If anything, they're slightly stupider since it takes longer for messages to travel between parts of the brain. Also don't recall hearing that they're attacking people. That doesn't mean they aren't though. I'd assumed they were just far from civilization doing ant things.
If I remember correctly they're far below the surface, awaiting orders. It's been a long time since we've done anything with them. Since giving them sentience would be too much of a drain, how about we slowly enact changes to make them smarter, starting with the queen? Whatever we can fit into the 500-800 range of belief should be appropriate.
Also what do we do about the purple continent? I think we should visit it ourselves so we don't potentially endanger our power sources.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 05, 2011, 04:49:00 pm »

If I remember correctly they're far below the surface, awaiting orders. It's been a long time since we've done anything with them. Since giving them sentience would be too much of a drain, how about we slowly enact changes to make them smarter, starting with the queen? Whatever we can fit into the 500-800 range of belief should be appropriate.
Also what do we do about the purple continent? I think we should visit it ourselves so we don't potentially endanger our power sources.

I agree.
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 05, 2011, 05:20:24 pm »

I think I'm outvoted in the purple continent issue. Still think visiting purple will royally screw us. Still want to know more about purple. "Brother Organis! I didn't want to believe it, but Valahun's suspicions were right. He told me to follow you and confirm whether or not you were working with Yushiki the purple wasteland spirit. According to tradition, this allows Valahun to absorb you without upsetting the pantheon." Wish we asked Dregith about purple. He won't know about purple, but could direct us to someone who does.

Investing slowly in ant intelligence will not lower the total belief cost. Unless we have a use for smarter ants, there's no reason to dump belief in them that'll remain dormant until the last point of belief is put in for sentience. If I recall, ants were for helping mining operations. If we can turn on and off a plague, I think we can turn peaceful mining operations on and off. We could get followers with less belief if we avoid the ants. All we miss out on are badass antpeople colonies.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 05, 2011, 06:17:00 pm »

We should ask Bortamn, the god of the unknown to tell us about the purple continent.  After all, it is unknown to us.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37