Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51477 times)

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #390 on: August 19, 2011, 11:28:49 am »

Or we can send our madness disease at them, as we've been doing. Also, note the legend: Valahun was supposedly almost consumed by the Shadow. Who's to say he wasn't fully consumed and then was replaced by a power-hungry shadow that feared the other gods of the pantheon?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:57:53 am by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 19, 2011, 11:51:24 am »

I agree with taking away some followers from the shadows and that we should improve the village with architects.
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2011, 12:24:35 pm »

BEGIN OPERATION CHAOS NAZI TAKEOVER!
Create chaos knights to lead this rebellion.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 19, 2011, 03:00:53 pm »

Learn of any architecture related professions in our worshippers.
Covertly investigate the nearby Uivar camps, and sow discord with madness plague where possible.

Have we decided what to do about the escali yet? These posts move so fast from our turns it's hard to keep up.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 19, 2011, 03:41:46 pm »

Again, chaos soldiers are cool but impractical, at least for now.

But this post is mainly for a deliciously evil idea: Make a seasonal change activate a sleeper disease. Start off with a non-supernatural bacteria or virus that does little to harm its host under deactivated conditions. If it obeys our commands directly Valahun will immediately notice it. It has to do some harm to the host in order to reproduce and spread itself, so it might be best to make it look like a Vehna flu. Should be spread through air and by surfaces, and maybe by sneezes. It should be biologically set to act differently in the presence of its activator. Possible activators include pollen and certain temperature ranges. If it is winter, we can set this to activate during spring or summer, allowing plenty of time for an invisible disease to spread to everyone. Even a little bit of it retained in your body should be enough to kill you when the activator is... activated. Except I say we don't make it kill them. Instead it should make them insane and attack a section of the brain that normally makes them want to worship Valahun. The morals section, maybe? Of course, that has it's own terrible, terrible issues. Though it will cause a good amount of confusion and panic. At this point we can allow our disease-immune followers to spread our worship via insanity-repressing idols that only affect people who choose to worship us. The rest will die. Preservation of the instinct of self-preservation should get us followers. As for Organis himself, well he should be long gone, hiding in a really far away place. Even magical doohickeys of forced teleportation should have distance limits. Should also be sneaky while running away, and do it before activation. Maybe, instead of breaking Valahun's doohickeys, we can transplant them onto a lifeless Organis mimic? We should put our god-smell on it too, and suppress our own god-smell, so Valahun'll go after the mimic while we escape. Perhaps mimic should be made to constantly laugh, so as to mock/psychologically destroy Valahun while also making him slower to realize the mad puppet is just a puppet. Escape location should be somewhere none of the pantheon gods own. We could go into space, but there's too much open space there, and we'd be easily spotted. We could go deep into the Shadow's land, and maybe even bluff Valahun into thinking we've sided with the Shadow. Now the biggest issue is creating and inserting the disease into the population without Valahun knowing it. If he even observes us manipulate a microscopic bacteria for a second, he'll immediately become suspicious and examine bacteria until he finds something he's not familiar with. Then he'll analyze it and figure out what it does. Then he'll kill us and make an antidote. Hence it might be best to make a pet bacteria farm, where we can make all sorts of silly and different colored bacteria and viruses and watch them fight and grow. There should be thousands of different kinds of organisms in the sealed bacteria farm, and we should actively mutate more species in for fun and sport... except that one time we do it for the evil disease of death. Said disease should be able to travel through the glass container without making a path for other stuff to leave. We should also have some pet animals nearby to catch the disease and spread it. We should also watch the diseases and bottle anything the disease god would like in a vial labeled "For Epan". If we can find him, we can show the stuff off to him. He is probably fascinated by that kind of thing, plus it throws off suspicion.

I dedicated an entire text wall to a war plan, but I get the feeling the GM wants us to be diplomatic. This is a long plan with many points at which things can go wrong. Curveballs are to be expected. Curveballs at certain points could mean death. I say we try to build up power in legitimate ways before even starting the above plan, so as to give us enough belief for the ultimate backup plan - RUNNING AWAY. I doubt the Escali will care much for what we do to the humans so long as we don't do the same to them. I get the sense they're that kind of race. They will be a little more suspicious of us, though. Also note that Valahun isn't our only issue - there's a big, scary pantheon. We can try to convince some to join us, though that's enormously dangerous. Perhaps we can throw some invites around after the fact? Still dangerous cause of stupid backstabbers. Probably best to meet the various gods and figure out their loyalties. Could ask high followers of various gods how we can get in contact with them.

Edit: Possible gods we can recruit against Valahun:
Epan, god of disease. It depends on his personality - we really need to meet him first.
Lostaki, god of death. Again, personality. If he hates the god of life, that's another plus.
Shen, god of entertainment. If he has the right personality, he should love the chaos we bring about and want to see what comes next.
Formod, god of politics. If our plans go without a hitch, then it should be politically advantageous to join us. Plus, we can use him for fake diplomatic talks with Valahun about us letting him back into power. Such discussions could be excellent time-wasters as well as focus grabbers.
Dregith, god of ice and the north. He is somewhat a foreigner in addition to being a new god. He may have little to no loyalty for Valahun. Should meet him personally.

Some other gods may be worth talking to, including the god of the unknown, though I don't know if we can trust them. We should have direct command over the idols such that we can make them work on followers of gods who side with us, though we should keep a careful eye on such gods. They may be Valahun's only hope for a retakeover if we can get this far, since they'll have belief gains. Should also keep a careful eye on Mr. politics, cause he can turn. We could also ask the god of diplomacy to join us, though he's known as the trickster god for a reason. If we can claim our intentions are to become a major god, and not to destroy/take over the pantheon, we might be more likely to get followers. Also if we will fight to get ally gods higher positions. Then again, the threat of us killing all of the pantheon that doesn't follow us can also be helpful in getting help.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:41:52 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 19, 2011, 11:55:12 pm »

I still suggest we make some sort of militia.  It won't be an army, it won't have chaos knights ( yet ) but it should be enough to defend our worshipers.  What about the escali?  Can we unite their strength to our human worshipers?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 20, 2011, 06:22:49 pm »

i've added in the escali leader dream meeting to the turn. Probably not going to make another turn today; been busy lately.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 20, 2011, 07:46:04 pm »

We need to help them get the materials his daughter wants.
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 21, 2011, 10:26:48 pm »

((OK, i've read through that wall of text penguin has and I still have trouble understanding. Mind summarizing it penguin?)

Being the kind of god who actually gives a damn about your worshipers, you begin to wonder about their professions. You know mos of them are just farmers, but some of them are something else. You get your blessed to have a census of the faithful. They are as below

37 farmers
2 blacksmiths
1 scribe
5 potters
2 weavers
4 fishermen
3 whores

It's sad that the only one with any literacy is the scribe, and he isn't the best hand.

Soon after your census, your herd of Madstock have arrived. Most of them have died; when people see a bunch of meat just walking on the road without protection, their bound to be eaten. -6 belief

While interesting, you've had enough of your Vehna. Recently you have been wondering what exactly the Uivar are like. Are they barbarians or do they have a semblance of civility? You must know. Risking yourself would be idiocy and sending a worshiper would do little but kill him. Best thing to do would be to appear in the dreams of the Uivars. It would be difficult to find the dream among trillions, but you would try.

Searching...searching...searching...(6-1) Well you've found one yes...Unfortunately it's the dream of an Uivar shaman...

"Who lurks in my sleep? What are you to break my slumber!? Speak or die the horrible death!"

Then you turn into cheese and begin to juggle swords. At least your madness serves here. He laughs it off and decides its just part of a dream.

Stats
Belief 7964pts
Growth 3588pts

Traits
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Followers

Artifacts
Plagues

Leaders

Personifications
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:02:45 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 22, 2011, 01:04:07 am »

Keep trying to go through the dreams of the Uivar, hopefully not a freaking shaman this time.  Get the escali and build a civilization for them, possibly by uniting their numbers with your pathetic vehna worshipers.  Train a militia of vehna, somehow do this for the escali as well ( not sure how they can fight, what are their physical advantages and attributes? ).  Get your scribe to teach basic reading and writing to your other vehna, and possibly the escali.  Set up basic agriculture and infrastructure. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 22, 2011, 05:45:31 am »

Force all followers to become whores

Mutate your most faithful followers to become stronger, more intelligent, and all around superior creatures.
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 22, 2011, 05:54:14 am »

Keep trying to go through the dreams of the Uivar, hopefully not a freaking shaman this time.  Get the escali and build a civilization for them, possibly by uniting their numbers with your pathetic vehna worshipers.  Train a militia of vehna, somehow do this for the escali as well ( not sure how they can fight, what are their physical advantages and attributes? ).  Get your scribe to teach basic reading and writing to your other vehna, and possibly the escali.  Set up basic agriculture and infrastructure. 

I should be doing some work but I might as well answer

The escali are best described as gigantic nautiluses with their face and tentacles emerging from their opening. They have poor eyesight but have sonar. Very slow. Intelligent creatures, some would say more so than the Vehna.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 22, 2011, 06:04:48 am »

So they have tentacles?  That could have some offensive capability...these guys are best used in groups, where they can use their newfound intelligence to their advantage.  Also, I thought of one way to overcome their speed penalty: chariots. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 22, 2011, 06:09:05 am »

Underwater. Really?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 22, 2011, 06:55:08 am »

Underwater. Really?

Oh wait, I meant on land sorry. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37