Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51412 times)

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #330 on: August 14, 2011, 02:08:46 am »

You think, dragons like Valahun seem very powerful, but you do like your beard-its absolutely awesome- so you turn yourself into a bearded dragon! still didn't seem right... You give yourself ever-changing scales of many colours and some smaller, utterly useless and non-sentient heads. -3000 belief

Worth every penny. Wait, doesn't that put us at negative belief?

Also annoyed that the loud mouth mollusk doesn't respect the Ideology of The Transformative Guides. I'd kill him, but that would disturb our Lady. Might be best to deal with him in private discussion. That way his constant this-and-thating won't affect the other Escali, and affected Escali won't give him a sense of rightness to keep going. It should be much easier to chat with him that way. Perhaps talk to him in his dreams? Note that much easier to chat with does not mean easy. I don't even know how to begin such a conversation. I guess the key points might include that he's right to be suspicious since gods are scary, but we're nice so it's all good, that we're sworn to protect the Escali, that we're not going to make them our play thing, and that transformation is a cool and important alignment. If it's in his dreams we should be able to do silly dream things for little or no belief (Lucid dreams tend to allow free manipulation) plus he'll be slightly insane cause people are insane when they're sleeping, sort of. Not sure what the right balance is for fanciness/intrusiveness when it comes to altering the dream. Just being there might exceed the intrusiveness limit. Also don't know how to end the current conversation. Not sure if it's good to tell him we'll be entering his dream. "I think not, godling. My dreams are not to be played with. You have already done enough damage to our minds, now leave us be during the night! Oh, and your beard is stupid. We're going to worship Valahun instead and tell the Lady of the Deep that you're a creepy old pervert. Also, there is a meteorite behind you, about to crush... oh, never mind. Man, your luck sucked Organis. Nobody will miss you."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:10:43 am by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 14, 2011, 02:26:38 am »

just realised that...no dragon form then...or should we die?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:28:42 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 14, 2011, 02:33:02 am »

Can you lessen the change, in order to minimize the cost?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 14, 2011, 02:36:14 am »

i can make us a tiny dragon with nothing special about it. No cool scales. Maybe a few heads. We will still be dwarfed by the escali.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 14, 2011, 02:37:06 am »

Better that than die. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 14, 2011, 03:28:29 am »

Or you can give us a grace period.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 14, 2011, 03:46:50 am »

You mean like a break, or hibernation? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 14, 2011, 09:35:22 am »

You mean like a break, or hibernation?
A break. Hibernation wouldn't work so well.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 14, 2011, 09:42:30 am »

I was actually hoping we could hibernate, that way we could be some sort of "Forgotten God", aka Cthulhu. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 14, 2011, 12:36:16 pm »

We aren't anywhere near Cthulhu's power... yet. But our gain in belief should be enough to put us back into the positives, if not this turn, next turn. The Escali won't worship us up 100 belief each, but remember - the Vehna think we exist now, so we'll get something from them too. In fact, we should be able to estimate how many Vehna and other sentients worship in our pantheon.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 14, 2011, 02:59:30 pm »

guys I need actual suggestions...

Never mind. I remember the suggestions made a few pages back.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 14, 2011, 03:41:16 pm »

You mean the ones I made? I vote them down.  :P

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 14, 2011, 05:34:09 pm »

Micelus, if our followers make us offerings, do we get something from that, like belief or something else?
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 14, 2011, 06:14:03 pm »

Sorry mates, spent the weekend with my girl; unplugged. :)

I don't like the multiple heads idea, its useless and damaging to our reputation/appearance.

Think of Organis as you would a random god. Would you find beauty, knowledge, wisdom, or inspiration in a Mad Dragon with multiple creepy dead heads sprouting from his body? I wouldn't.

The dragon image is interesting, though. I vote for colored scales that look different to each one who looks, which would pretty much be a pacifier with the ability to dictate the thoughts and emotions of each onlooker by showing your scales in a different color. Coloration is an extremely important cultural ideal with vast emotional ties, capable of molding the form in which one sees Organis
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 14, 2011, 06:26:44 pm »

Sorry mates, spent the weekend with my girl; unplugged. :)

I don't like the multiple heads idea, its useless and damaging to our reputation/appearance.

Think of Organis as you would a random god. Would you find beauty, knowledge, wisdom, or inspiration in a Mad Dragon with multiple creepy dead heads sprouting from his body? I wouldn't.

The dragon image is interesting, though. I vote for colored scales that look different to each one who looks, which would pretty much be a pacifier with the ability to dictate the thoughts and emotions of each onlooker by showing your scales in a different color. Coloration is an extremely important cultural ideal with vast emotional ties, capable of molding the form in which one sees Organis

I agree.
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37