Poll

Chasm Lake Walls - Wood or Stone

Wood
- 5 (45.5%)
Stone
- 6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 8054 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Broken World
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2011, 07:25:02 pm »

So you're saying that a lot of names in the world are unimaginative and stupid?

Also, you may think it's stupid, but I don't. We have different opinions, you know.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2011, 07:30:59 pm »

Unimaginative? Perhaps. Depressing? Definitively. At any rate it's quite fitting for a town founded by a bunch of apocalypse survivors.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2011, 07:40:18 pm »

But you do realize that Grass has been reported to grow near it, meaning that eventually all of it will be regrown.

And then in the middle of a green wonderland of flora and joy you have a town with some stupid depressing name that implies a rocky wasteland.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2011, 07:50:21 pm »

Currently, it IS a rocky wasteland besides a few patches of grass and the lake. There's no wonderland so far.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2011, 07:54:18 pm »

But there will be. Eventually.

And besides, Water Haven sounds so much better :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2011, 07:58:01 pm »

But there will be. Eventually.
Yeah, there will. But it will take a long time. Besides, we can rename it, remember that.

And besides, Water Haven sounds so much better to me :P
Fixed.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2011, 09:26:34 pm »

Well, It's 50/50 right now. Unless someone tips the balance in favour of one plan or the other, or unless you decide to engage in civil strife and split, I will assume that no decision was reached this week and will simply proceed with the other decisions that were taken.

These decisions are:

-Deeper Wells
-Info on the lake
-Find water source in the forest
-Explore North and beyond the crevice
-Collect fruits/berries in the forest
-Build a hunting outpost in the woods (50 men, 18 of which are to be armed)
-Cleanup/scavenging/repair in the city
-Anything I may have forgotten?

KINDA ANNOYED!!!
I wanted to know about the other side of the Crevice and find out if the river still flowed on that side. NEVER did I want to go north...
What about the speed of which the lake drains, you said that it is falling into the Crevice itself. Does it equal out with its underground source or something???

EDIT:: The old man requests to inspect the body of the Hostile. Asking if it could be taken to his study behind his Apothecary Hut, located near the base of the Castle.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:28:26 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2011, 09:28:47 pm »

I voted fo Chasm lake because it says what it is, after we create a stable civilaztion we can become fancy with the name, besides were bay12ers, how long to you expect that grass to last.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2011, 09:31:39 pm »

Keloph sighed. The supposed leaders of the people were bickering over the name of a bloody outpost! He was an old philosopher who had settled into his  hometown to retire...then the apocalypse happened. Well in his days of youth, he was a statesman and served the country. Now he would do so again.

"People of Raventree, while our leaders bicker over the naming of an outpost, we should continue to improve our town. It was beautiful and kind once, now it is nothing. We must rebuild it, for our safety, for our glory, and for our lives. We must dig out cisterns to store water and wells to access the water. We need to refortify the walls. We need to plug up any defences, and organise what we have. We need to be prepared for any threat, which is why I suggest that every man and woman organise into groups of five. This way we can get on doing things quicker and with more efficiency. These are my suggestions my kin. I served in the interest of our nation and our queen, now I serve our home. May the Creator protect us all"

Keloph followed his own words and immediately started digging out a cistern with a nearby rock.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2011, 03:02:50 am »

Kelpoh digging the wells deeper didn't help so I don't see a need to continue, however I second building cisterns and continued improvement of the town. Morale is still low and better living conditions should help our people. We should also bring back more water from the lake.

Our hunters should split their week between building a bunk house so, even if not comfortably, there is enough beds for people there, and collecting the food for Raventree which we desperately need.

I also support the attempt to irrigate the area near the lake where we have grass regrowing, although I'd recommend holding off on farming it until we see what the soil is like. We don't want to kill off what little regrowth there is. As an aside do we even have any seed for crops or vegetables? Or has our population been living off forage and meat?

We should send scouts along the lake banks to explore some distance, but they must be careful to avoid contact with these unknown peoples. We could also do with finding out about this possible underground feed for the lake.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2011, 11:47:14 am »

Go on the other side of the Crevice and find out if a river still flowed on that side.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2011, 08:59:30 pm »

First off, I would like to apologize for the lack of updates today, a certain white-haired fellow that goes by the name of Geralt has kept me occupied for most of the day.

KINDA ANNOYED!!!
I wanted to know about the other side of the Crevice and find out if the river still flowed on that side. NEVER did I want to go north...
What about the speed of which the lake drains, you said that it is falling into the Crevice itself. Does it equal out with its underground source or something???

Someone else requested exploring the North, as for the lake it seems to be balancing itself out. No river was found on the other side due to the fact that everything got shuffled, I assumed that the map showed as much. Sorry for any confusion.

So far we got.
-Have Nthenol train a militia
-Build wagons.
-Make weapons
-Irrigation/Farm at Chasm Lake.   <----Some grain has been found in Raventree, along with other seeds.
-Establish wood import from Jathreel to Chasm Lake
-Explore the road section
-Scout South of Chasm Lake
-Groups of five
-Fortify/repair Raventree
-Cisterns
-Work on quarters for the Jathreel outpost

Have I forgotten anything?
If so, you have roughly 10 hours to make necessary changes. Next update will be tomorrow morning (for me at least)

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2011, 09:48:31 pm »

Raventree: Fortify/repair.

Chasm Lake: Collect seeds, irrigate farms.

Jathreel: Work on quarters and have the any armed men patrol the edge in groups of three.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2011, 02:46:37 am »

Map showed no searching along the south of the crevice...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2011, 04:25:34 am »

Map showed no searching along the south of the crevice...

If it's the best part of a week to the lake and back then we will have to do longer scouting to check the other side.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10