Poll

Chasm Lake Walls - Wood or Stone

Wood
- 5 (45.5%)
Stone
- 6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 8053 times)

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
Re: Broken World
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2011, 02:46:22 pm »

I am locking the vote, no decision has been reached this week.

How many people do you wish to send to the lake, then?

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2011, 02:48:05 pm »

30, with 18 of them armed.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2011, 02:48:53 pm »

Introduce the buddy system. 2 people are to be secured by a length of rope bound to their hips like a girdle. At least one has to carry a weapon. nobody is to leave the area of 12 foot next to the assigned buddy.

I dont see the point. its really dangerous and have no advantages.
also, 50/50 again.

did anyone think about how dangerous it is to leave? its like edoras-helms deep, but with no fortress at the end, immortal invisible... er... things instead of warg riders, and cavemens instead of rohan riders. seriously?

not less than 12 armed people at a time. less and well suffer casualties. reco and bring back water+ food if any.
PS: agree with hitty. it does make a good supply caravan.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2011, 02:50:29 pm »

Conflicting orders, 18 armed men have been sent into the forest. You may send 6 with the lake expedition. Alternatively, you may lower the amount of weapons you send with the forest expedition.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2011, 02:51:46 pm »

12/12 armed mens each.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2011, 03:02:32 pm »

The forest has yet to be found to be truly dangerous. Suggest we sent 18 to the lake, and 6 to the forest.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2011, 03:03:09 pm »

Arm 24 men and commit genocide to the unarmed civilians.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2011, 03:05:14 pm »

...WHAT?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2011, 03:06:46 pm »

I do not condone the above action at all... but it would be a good way to make our food stores last longer. Though we lose all ability to do any work of larger scope at that point, which makes it a horrible horrible idea. Oh and the human life and all that too. :D
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2011, 03:09:28 pm »

I also veto the above action. It violates many human things. Not limited to ethics. In addition, it severely limits our manpower, and there's no way those people would do so willingly at this time.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2011, 03:11:03 pm »

I would suggest sending a team down to the lake to set up a base camp. It's further than the forest and they could lay the framework for a larger move. It doesn't make much sense to move the entire town down there at this point, but getting ready for it would be common sense as far as I can see.
I agree. What if the location is too dangerous? We need to know more about the area before we resettle.

Edit: Hell, there could even be another city, likely destroyed, near the place. It would save us plenty of time and effort if there was.

didn't think about this, it wouldn't hurt to split it into two villages, one near the forest for hunting grounds and one near the lake for water.
Then, you make a safe road between the two by appointing fires and guards, so it becomes a busy place. Everyone is happy, everyone can have everything, and by making noise and keeping it in movement we might ascertain finally who the enemy is.

Arm 24 men and commit genocide to the unarmed civilians.

no comment. we need more people, not less.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2011, 03:12:18 pm »

Please ignore hitty, people. He's shown many times he's not mature enough for the more serious games of the forum.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2011, 03:17:49 pm »

"And despite the ties to their roots, they spread in search of better lands." - Chronicles

Week 5

Raventree
State of the city: Meagre
Population: 108/300
Morale: Average.
Food: 120 units
Goods: 6 units
Weapons: Enough to arm 0 men

The wells have been deepened, to no avail.
Repair and cleanup of some buildings has added more living space, not that it has a use. The city is now more habitable although still a shell of it's former self.
A councilman tried to rouse people's spirit with a heartfelt speech. It earned a sarcastic ovation from the Queen's Eye, which entailed laughter, which roused peoples spirits.

Jathreel Hunting Outpost
State of the city: n/a
Population: 50/5
Morale: Average
Food: 50 units
Goods: 2
Weapons: Enough to arm 12 men

A relatively small outpost was set up deep in the woods of Jathreel, one of the hunters had a seamstress make them a banner. They chose a red background to symbolize their allegiance to Raventree.
They have built no more than a shack where they store their things.
They spent the rest of their time hunting and gathering, sending all they could back to Raventree.

Lake Outpost
State of the city: n/a
Population: 30/10
Morale: Good
Food: 30 units
Goods: 2
Weapons: Enough to arm 12 men

A few mud huts have been erected by the lake. Like the hunters of Jathreel, they had a banner made with a red background.
They fish and send what they can spare back to Raventree.

On the way there the party was watched. During their first night at the lake, they were attacked. No casualties on our side and they sent back the body of on of their attackers; a dirty man wrapped in a makeshift brown cloak.

People of interest
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rancid stagnant pools of water have been found by the hunters in the woods.
The lake has fish, which is happily being caught by the men of the outpost. More so, the lake is quite possibly fed by an underground source.
Exploration beyond the crevice has only revealed more barren wasteland.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:41:29 pm by Stas »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2011, 03:25:07 pm »

"Good! i shall now tend to analize this men...nthenol, i will require your help while i'm busy. You are a great tactician and weapon master, can you provide military training to the mens of this village and to the youth? and have some wooden wagons built, also, to help moving of goods and materials. i will be busy for a while...and i will need cutting tools...i have a vivisection to make" and with that said, i analize the dirt man anatomy, does he bleed, does he not bleed, does cutting tools affect him most, or blunt ones, and whatever else i can analize.

Ask Nthenol to train the youth and men who reside in the main village, and begin construction of wooden wagons.
I will vivisect the dirt man, and learn all i can of their weaknesses.

(this if the "dirt man" is a species of it's own, and not just a Dirty man. XD
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2011, 03:25:40 pm »

Make more weapons in main city.

On the way there the party was watched. During their first night at the lake, they were attacked. No casualties on our side and they sent back the body of on of their attackers; a dirt man wrapped in a makeshift brown cloak.
DIRT man? it explain the lack of blood so. How do we fight dirt men? at least they are mortals. lets call them "dirty bastards"  ;D (morale goes up!)
i'll think about it tomorrow *yawn*
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10