Poll

Chasm Lake Walls - Wood or Stone

Wood
- 5 (45.5%)
Stone
- 6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 8044 times)

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
Broken World
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:53:18 am »

"And the Creator granted upon the race of man the power of creation, so they may bridge the gap between the Earth and the Heavens to claim their place among the stars." - The Book of Creation

"And with that power they made the Heavens weep tears of blood, and from these tears did they thirstily drink." - The Book of Chaos

"And before long they stood as one, their bonds tempered by fire and quenched in blood." - The Book of Unity

"And in their arrogance they challenged the Creator, demanding that knee be bent." - The Book of Madness

"And the Creator's eyes closed briefly, and in that moment the earth was riven stone from stone, and the oceans fled, and fire rained from the sky, and for three nights and three days did the world churn, and when the Creator's eyes opened all was still." - The Book of Destruction

The destruction has subsided at last and people begin to gather in the streets, crying out the name of their city while some waved its banners, in defiance, at the sky. They had survived.
-What was the name of the town?
-What was it's banner?

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Broken World
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 09:58:03 am »

I say that the Banner should be something that honours the creator, hence why they survived or something...
How about an Eagle with its wings wrapped around the World. Donno...

City name... Heh Never been good at naming things...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 10:11:41 am »

Banner:
a black crow fleeing from a golden burning tree on green background

Name:
Raventree

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:21:27 am »

Banner: a crow, wings open, on a top of a mountain. background, a blazing sun.

Name: ummm... Raventree is fine.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 10:44:10 am »

Three banners to choose from.
I see two vote for the name Raventree, but that may change depending on the banner that is chosen.

Please vote in the poll.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 10:53:04 am »

Not too keen on the name but can't think of anything better :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 10:54:29 am »

We have two votes for the Eagle banner, a third vote will seal it. Eagle Banner it is.
As for the name, Raventree doesn't seem to go too well with the banner, but if it is what you guys want, I'll roll with it.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 11:00:11 am »

I say we call the town Hell, and its' banner would be Satan sitting on a throne with a cigar and a glass of whiskey.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 11:05:28 am »

Onraicen

I used DF's Language Files (Human) and went with World's Safety, Naturally, World's is just World, Onra, and Safety was shorten to Safe, Icen.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 11:10:53 am »

The poll has been updated.
4 votes will seal the name.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 11:12:34 am »

vote for raventree. let's just pretend this black eagle is a crow. (altough it is not the banner i suggested, it is much more beautiful)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 11:48:19 am »

I vote for    
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 11:50:26 am »

"And on the fourth day they came forth from hiding and saw the world for the broken thing they have made it become." - Chronicles

Raventree
State of the city: Pitiful
Population: 200/300
Morale: Very Low, Unrest.
Food: 5 units (Enough to last the town 10 turns, as 1 unit = 100 people/week(turn)
Weapons: Enough to arm 25 men

Week 1

The banner of Raventree proudly hung from the town hall's broken tower. It depicted Onraicen, the bird that bears the world on its wings.
During the first week after the cataclysm, people busied themselves with minor clean up and disposing of the dead. This made the city barely livable. Some men went out to see the surroundings, but came back with tales of how much everything had changed. All the wells went dry and the river that went through the city ended at an abrupt crevice, two days travel to the South-East.

The council now meets to decide what to do next.

Things of interest
-Food will only last for 10 weeks.
-There is a Queen's Eye in the town, a man that had taken an oath to serve a queen and in the process gained great skill (+2 bonus to anything he does), but he refuses to do anything until his period of mourning of 1 month is over. He has, through his bond to her, felt the queen he served die.
-The land around the town is flat, barren and dry. There seems to be a forest to the North.

Time to make decisions, my lords. Each turn is 1 week, so more than one thing can be done each turn.

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 12:01:00 pm »

Continue cleaning up the city and send 15 armed men into the forest to the north to look for food and what else might be there.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 12:01:49 pm »

Continue cleaning up the city and send 15 armed men into the forest to the north to look for food and what else might be there.

this. and also some mens to look around.
Full Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10