Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!  (Read 39966 times)

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
Re: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - 1st Update Out! (Unclaimed Spots)
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2011, 03:20:28 pm »

By the way, it looks like you have a brook, so your dwarves should be able to walk over it safely. Are those rooms to the side of the hallway bedrooms?

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2011, 03:26:07 pm »

Wait. You can walk over a brook? ;_; Wish I'd know that.
And yes, those rooms are bedrooms. Not yet anyway, the carpenter is busy either making beds, workshops, walls, a door, or smoothing. Probably taking a break, actually. *checks* Yep.
EDIT: It appears I missed two other migrants. Looking at their skills, I can only say...
Spizhaben, you've lost a job. You are forbidden from gem setting, punishable with 1 day of prison time.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:45:08 pm by drakon136 »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2011, 05:30:37 pm »

Works for me, 10 jobs is already quite enough as it is.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2011, 06:35:30 pm »

The only reason you have 10 jobs was because I wanted to give someone a bunch of essential skills that I didn't want anyone else to have. Now your gem setting is quite useless though.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2011, 07:54:57 pm »

Also to note, wet/warmstone will also pick up that effect from above aswell. If you are digging under the river/brook or under a lake you will be fine as long as it the level below, but in an aquifier, last I checked thats looking for trouble.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - 2nd Update Out! (Unclaimed Spots)
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2011, 11:41:03 pm »

Oh, okay. Also, I'll hopefully finish up tomorrow or on Tuesday, so hooray! Done.
I also find myself wishing I had chosen the second turn, so I could preform my usual strategy of seizing everything the elves have. Oh well, too late now.

Spoiler: Update 2 (click to show/hide)
Carpman, you're next.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:15:14 pm by drakon136 »

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 02:38:47 pm »

1st Granite, Journal of Doctor C. Man

When I embarked on this expidition, I did so as the official chief medical dwarf, with the promise of the second year of overseeing.

This second year did not come soon enough. Drak has led us from one blunder to the next, and I never said a word, but that time has changed. Now comes the time of HEALTH, of CLEANLINESS, of

*knock knock*

Carpman looked up from his notebook to see Nevyn standing in the doorway of his bedroom (of course without a door it made a very poor doorway). Nevyn cleared his throat, as if the knock hadn't gotten Carpman's attention anyways. "It's, ah, your turn for engraving sir. Drak's orders." Carpman nodded and slammed his stone note book closed, waking up the other dwarves sleeping around him and causing the shy dwarf in the doorway to jump. Hopping off of his bed, Carpman grabbed his pick and walked up to Nevyn. "Fuck Drak's orders, do you know what day it is? Things are going to be different around here. Very different." Carpman started to chuckle as he brushed past the startled dwarf, his pick already swinging.

2nd Granite

Where was I? Oh yes, Drak. Drak was a dreamer, a boy in a man's job. I'm going to start anew, hopefully with a bit more efficiency than before.

Why the fuck don't we have a cat??? Vermin, vermin everywhere.

7th Granite

I've begun excavating a vein of lignite outside of our entrance. With any luck we'll have a shitton of coal by the end of summer, then I can put our forges to work.

15th Granite

OHSHIT

He survived. But this only strengthened my resolve to create a military! With which we can protect ourselves from the badger menace.

10th of Slate

One tile wide hallways? No dining Hall? Stockpiles and workshops on opposite sides of the fortress? looks like I really have my work cut ou

Well Hello There Handsome! (that's my quarters in the top right corner there by the way)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:25:47 pm by Carpman »

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2011, 03:34:03 pm »

So you didn't like my work? :(
Might want to make some coffins eventually. The catacombs only have 8 plus my sarcophagus.
Oh yeah, and I forgot to make the bigger room downstairs to yours. It's supposed to be for the current overseer. Feel free to change it if you want.
EDIT: And we already have a military! Me and the speardwarf.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 03:39:30 pm »

18th of Slate

It's spring, and love is in the air... Best of wishes go out to both Noodle and CrustyPeanut, the best The Chef I've ever known.

Meanwhile...

Teehee!

But my mind must stay on work. I have ordered workshops and stockpiles to be dug out under the entrance, in addition to a dining hall under the bedrooms.

OOC EDIT:
So you didn't like my work? :(
Might want to make some coffins eventually. The catacombs only have 8 plus my sarcophagus.
Oh yeah, and I forgot to make the bigger room downstairs to yours. It's supposed to be for the current overseer. Feel free to change it if you want.
EDIT: And we already have a military! Me and the speardwarf.
Not that there's nothing wrong with your work, I just like to run a more efficient fortress.One tile wide hallways aren't efficient because when two dwarves are going opposite directions they bump into each other and one of them is knocked over. When  there's a bunch of dwarves doing this, you can imagine what happens  :P And about the military, we do have men but not sufficient equipment. That's what I meant.
IC EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:47:58 pm by Carpman »

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011, 04:03:50 pm »

xD A blowgun? Can dwarves even use those?
Also, what are the relationships of my dwarf?
EDIT: And why the hell did your dwarves have beards and mine didn't?

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2011, 04:12:32 pm »

xD A blowgun? Can dwarves even use those?
Also, what are the relationships of my dwarf?
EDIT: And why the hell did your dwarves have beards and mine didn't?
Dwarves can use any weapon you have, it's getting ammo that's the hard part. I'm considering arming the elf-loving dwarf with the blowgun sans ammo and sending him at a herd of badgers. But for now I have him churning out masterwork crossbows.
As for the beards, go to data/init and change your font to
[WINDOWEDX:80]
[WINDOWEDY:50]
[FONT:curses_800x600.png]
Here are your relations:

9th of Felsite

We finally have booze. I found out the problem: We didn't have barrels. The reason? Our carpenter was working on the stone tables and chairs for our dining hall. Hasn't anyone heard of job specialization? I told him to get to nailin'.

Running a fortress is harder than I thought. Work occupies my days, but my nights are solely for Yagor. Mmmmmm.

To help with the mining, I've ordered some iron picks to be forged. And people are sleeping in the entry hall! That needs to be fixed.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2011, 04:13:51 pm »

D: What? I thought I assigned them all beds!
Oh, and did you accept my offer of a larger and fancier room?

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2011, 04:31:22 pm »

D: What? I thought I assigned them all beds!
Oh, and did you accept my offer of a larger and fancier room?
Migrants came and I forgot to mention it  :-[ And I think I have a personal attatchment to this room, considering I dug it out myself while Nevyn was using the other pick as a teddybear.
Here are my plans for the bedrooms. The up stair in the middle of the room will lead to a passageway over the dining hall and into the hospital, where I plan to build a well.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2011, 04:36:10 pm »

Seems pretty sweet. And you should probably draft the somehat-badass jeweler and potash maker, If you haven't already done so. They're the only other people with above-novice combat skills, I believe.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2011, 04:39:08 pm »

I think the jeweler may be otherwise preoccupied with the sapphires and rubies we just hit  8)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25