Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!  (Read 39977 times)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
Re: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - 2nd Update Out! (All Spots Claimed)
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2011, 10:27:29 pm »

I may need to get mine out eventually too.. wtb dental insurance >.O
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2011, 10:44:45 pm »

Sweet, is Pisano a legendary mason after that mood?  Time to add some value to the fortress with masterwork rock furniture. :)

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2011, 12:30:01 am »

Sweet, is Pisano a legendary mason after that mood?  Time to add some value to the fortress with masterwork rock furniture. :)
Yup! She went through a 30 door work order in the same amount of seconds, it's crazy.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2011, 10:50:04 am »

Wisdom teeth are out. Talking like a retard, but laughing gas + local anesthetic + two banging hot nurses = feelsgoodman.

Update later today.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2011, 08:03:31 pm »

1st Timber, an unholy month indeed.

Smoothing of the bedrooms and dining hall has begun. Right now we are setting up a kitchen to cook all this flour and cheese from the humans into delicious roasts, as well as process all the fat we get from slaughtered animals.

12th Timber

I noticed that Tosid, our macedwarf, was using an iron mace of the poorest quality. I had our smelters melt down some tetrahedrite to make him a nice, heavy weapon. That is, I would have, if we had any fuel. Meanwhile, our marksdwarves are in chaos. Our crossbowdwarf is running around with arrows and our bowdwarf is trying to train with bolts. It may take some skill on my part to set this straight.

Just as I set out to correct this folly, I was interrupted by the arrival of the dwarven caravan. I sent Drak to meet with the diplomat right away.

22nd Timber

SNATCHER! PROTECT THE CHILDREN!

Yagor sprinted after the goblin through the bamboo forest, rain pouring down upon her helm and shoulders. Drak followed with less fervor, a barrel of wine in one hand, the outpost liaison trailing behind. As the liaison stepped through the doorway, he trod upon another goblin sneak lying concealed in the mud. Drak spun around and buried his sword up to the hilt in the goblin's chest, but one of the caravans stole his glory by stealing the kill. Meanwhile, the other goblin disappeared into the brush, leaving Yagor drenched and cursing. An embarrassing day for the Ceilingchews militia, and in front of the caravan and liaison no less. I've stationed them by the entrance to catch any future pedophiles.

8th Moonstone

Newsflash: I'm the fucking man and got our marksdwarves properly equipped. Also, our trader finally got around to doing his job and traded some prepared meals for a crapload of monkey meat, booze, and wood.

23rd Moonstone

I have decided that our entrance is severely lacking in non-military defenses. I wouldn't trust our militia to take down an ambush, let alone a seige or forgotten beast. I have ordered several mechanisms for traps to be made, and fortifications to be carved into our walls, in addition to a ditch to prevent marksgoblins from using our own fortifications against us.

24th Moonstone

Sitting in my office, I heard shouts in the hallways speaking of possession and divine intervention. This could only mean one thing: one of our dwarves has been possessed by an ancestor! Kib Frostattics, to be exact, a gemsetter. I expect no less than a magnificent piece of art from this already highly skilled craftsdwarf. Grabbing a huge uncut yellow citrine, he immediately set to work.

1st Opal

Kamuk Cagith, The Priest of Crying! An epic piece of work. I will reserve it for the first fallen hero of Cielingchews.

2nd Opal

Drak finally met with our liaison. He asked for leather and bituminous coal.

8th Obsidian

The defenses are complete! A fitting end to my rule, I should think.

Uploading the save now.

I hope I did this right, considering this is my first time doing this. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4743
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:12:02 pm by Carpman »

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2011, 08:40:29 pm »

I downloaded it, and it works just fine, but OH GOD THE LAG.
Also, what's with the random shoe, cap and pair of socks by my sarcophagus?

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2011, 08:42:41 pm »

I downloaded it, and it works just fine, but OH GOD THE LAG.
Also, what's with the random shoe, cap and pair of socks by my sarcophagus?
That's yours, since you're wearing armor you took off a few of you clothes and put them in your tomb. I suggest putting a cabinet or something next to your coffin.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2011, 08:44:23 pm »

Yeah, that'd work.
Right now I just want the other 8 people to finish and not get our fort killed so I can have another turn.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2011, 01:49:30 am »

Okay, downloaded! I'll start soon, once I make enough progress on this F***ing stupid assignment to convince everyone I'm actually doing it... ;)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2011, 02:00:05 am »

Okay, downloaded! I'll start soon, once I make enough progress on this F***ing stupid assignment to convince everyone I'm actually doing it... ;)
Did you compleatly ignore my request before? Or just not see it???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2011, 02:02:10 am »

Huh? Oh right, yeah I didn't see it, sorry! :| Hm... Well I did have a pretty awesome plan for this turn, I dunno...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2011, 02:19:53 am »

Huh? Oh right, yeah I didn't see it, sorry! :| Hm... Well I did have a pretty awesome plan for this turn, I dunno...
No worries go ahead...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2011, 08:08:07 am »

From the journal of Yagor Cogudos, Expedition Leader of Ceilingchew, 3rd Granite in the Year 8

Ha! Well, I have finally set my plans into motion, and wrested control of the fort from that pathetic witling who thinks himself my lover. Again, ha! I put up with his whinging, sniveling weakness for one reason only: I simply need from him a brood of mighty warriors, who shall defend me, and with whom I will transform this pitiful place into an indestructible, goblin-proof monument to... Well, me. But I'm rambling, the point is, once I get myself some kids, I rid myself of that moron.
I only chose him so I could do so easily!
For now, though, it is time to get this place in shape, where it languished under his slack rule. Time to get the entrance more defensible... As it is now, any passing goblins could just walk up the hill, and play 'shoot-the-dwarf-in-the-bucket' with their crossbows! Well, Not for long. And I shall also deepen the pit under the bridge...
Oh, it shall be glorious. I have grand plans for this place...

((Note: I take no responsibility for Yagor's creepiness. :P ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2011, 10:48:03 am »

How goes your turn so far Yoink?
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2011, 03:42:51 pm »

YOINK IS DEAAAD!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25