Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75450 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 3: 6/14]
« Reply #465 on: September 05, 2011, 03:43:53 am »

Christopher Daubernon here.
How'd you forget about this the first time? Not only did you mention the relevance of your name at the time, you explicitly asked everyone else about it.

Toaster:  Inquisitor.  Town.
Flandre:  Lover with Jim.  Town.  Will die tonight (If not, lynch him.)
Dariush:  Wizard.  Self-aligned.  Lynch him today. [1]
Think:  Medium.  Witch-aligned/ally.  I guess he'll lose by default if he can't win?
Irony:  The third witch.  Lynch him D5.
Simple:  The other killer.  Lynch him D4.
I notice you're The Only Sane Townie, which I suppose makes sense for an Inquisitor, but your reasoning appears to be that I tagged both witches and am therefore a witch myself (which is admittedly also very Inquisitor-appropriate), Think has no glaring holes and is therefore telling the truth, and Simple is the other killer by process of elimination. Most notably, it seems like your standards are a lot lower for Think than for me or Simple.

I mean, you even make allowances for Dariush not being a wizard, but none for Think being a real witch. Why is that?

Also, tell us more about this Inquisitor you report to. "Andrew," was it? High Inquisitor Andrew, who you went to college with? I'd expect inquisitors to be a bit more formal than that, especially in the middle of a potentially fatal gambit.

Irony:  Who do you think is the third witch?
I think it's Think, though I wouldn't completely rule you out.

My main suspicion is that Think wanted to out himself as a non-threat to avoid dying, so chose cooperative witch-ally medium. The fact that the third witch won't claim shows they haven't given up and were blatantly lying about that, and witch-ally is kind of nice for the combination of "we can deal with him later/he can give insight into the scumteam" and "nobody would claim scum," with medium adding to the usefulness factor. I'm also not totally convinced he is a medium, since he doesn't have anything he couldn't have gotten from scumchat or made up (Otto's claim was rather simple, for instance), but that's not especially important to me.

You I'm a bit suspicious of for a number of small reasons, and the fact that you'd be the only town power role in the game.

Jim:
So you're telling me Jim was the one who saw an action-movie wizard, robes flowing dramatically, slow-mo walking away from an exploding house, and described this as "I saw him leaving?"

Yep! No slow-motion, though. And the magic was what gave him away as a wizard, not his robes. The robes were from when I died. And  only Urist and I saw the explosion. But yes, otherwise, that's exactly right.
I'll be nice and replace instances of "I" with "Jim," which still explains nothing. Why would you/the scumteam withhold such relevant information?

IronyOwl: It's convenient that you don't mention uniquely identifiable about you. What would we find if, say, Toaster inspects you three times tonight?
I have a logbook used for jotting down numbers and such. Otherwise, not sure; I'm traveling light, but there might be some signs of (former?) luxury or merchant-ness.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 05, 2011, 06:36:39 am »

I mean, you even make allowances for Dariush not being a wizard, but none for Think being a real witch. Why is that?
You parrot my question and then agree that yes, Think is probably lying, but still keep your vote on me. Why is that?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 05, 2011, 11:12:38 am »

Oh goddammit I hate you all so much. So. Fucking. Much.

First of all, extend.

Yes, I am the wizard. Yes, I killed Vector and Jim. Happy? Now, the catch - I asked LNCP and he directly replied that once I fulfill my win condition, the town won't need to lynch me any longer. Oh, and about that wincon...

If my NK's target is the golem (whom I desperately tried to lure out for the whole game), he becomes my ally, and I win. Not immediatly, for that I'd need to find the bracelet, which is definitely possessed by witches. If the witch that possesses it is lynched or killed, I'll need to wait until the natural end of the game. If the golem is lynched or killed, I lose.

Now stop being dumbasses and lynch that lying face of Think.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 05, 2011, 11:25:21 am »

Toaster: I don't know who the third witch is, and I'll have to respectfully decline on speculating on their identity, as they don't wish to claim at the moment.

Dariush: Did LNCP expound on why the town wouldn't need to lynch you? That's a vague statement.

Reply from Jim, insult preserved:

I'll be nice and replace instances of "I" with "Jim," which still explains nothing. Why would you/the scumteam withhold such relevant information?

They didn't, you dumbshit.

Spoiler: Rant (click to show/hide)
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 05, 2011, 11:38:20 am »

Dariush: Did LNCP expound on why the town wouldn't need to lynch you? That's a vague statement.
'For compatibility purposes' (seriously). Besides, if it wasn't for that rule, I'd have had to both 'NK' the golem and find the bracelet, which is pretty much impossible.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 05, 2011, 12:16:57 pm »

Simple:  Why do you think that?  That is why I continue to suspect you- I don't think I've seen one scum hunting post from you this whole game.  All you do is point fingers without saying why.

I don't buy that the alcohol isn't important to you.  Per a clarification from LNCP, the flavor becomes more specific and helpful each time I investigate you.  The expensive whiskey under the bed was the most significant thing I found the third time, besides the lack of the little things you'd expect someone's bedroom to accrue.  It's like the only thing you do in your bedroom is manage the inn and drink- zero signs of a personal life.  Do you not see how that could be suspicious?
Why i think what ? If why i think is witch it's because his role is basically impossible to prove trough inspection, everything he said could be gained from scumchat as well and he seems eager to group himself and witches as one.If why i think dariush is lying it's because it seems pretty strange that suddenly we have magical mercenaries and he adjust facts when confronted. I don't get why you find alcohol suspicious but if you find lack of details suspicious i can't do anything about it , working at the inn is essentially all my pm mentioned. That's how the "simple" nickname is explained.

Oh goddammit I hate you all so much. So. Fucking. Much.

First of all, extend.

Yes, I am the wizard. Yes, I killed Vector and Jim. Happy? Now, the catch - I asked LNCP and he directly replied that once I fulfill my win condition, the town won't need to lynch me any longer. Oh, and about that wincon...

If my NK's target is the golem (whom I desperately tried to lure out for the whole game), he becomes my ally, and I win. Not immediatly, for that I'd need to find the bracelet, which is definitely possessed by witches. If the witch that possesses it is lynched or killed, I'll need to wait until the natural end of the game. If the golem is lynched or killed, I lose.

Now stop being dumbasses and lynch that lying face of Think.
Just great.You couldn't just this when day started do you ? Extend

Why urist is dead if golem is now witch-ally (if i get it right) ?
You can search for bracelet AND kill one night or it was made up ?
You have any method of identifying golem other than killing ?
Every single piece of information you have.Now. Unless you expect us to blindly help SK.

Think: What witches know about golem ? Unless dariush (hardly) claim changes something ?

Flandre: Still waiting for your full claim. And anything else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 05, 2011, 12:33:17 pm »

Extend.  While I think my theory still stands, I'm willing to discuss it more.

Simple is obviously the golem at this point.  His lack of flavor personality fits that pretty damn well.

Dariush: What do you know of the golem?  Does the golem like to drink?  Jim/Urist, did your team know of a bracelet?  Why'd you search me instead of kill me- I assume you can either search someone or kill someone?  How'd you pick your targets?  How exactly does your searching/killing differ?

I don't see how you can not block our wincon while simultaneously remaining to the endgame, seeing as magical entities must be killed.

Also- you missed my question.  Who do you think is what amongst the remaining players?

Irony:
Christopher Daubernon here.
How'd you forget about this the first time? Not only did you mention the relevance of your name at the time, you explicitly asked everyone else about it.

I asked about forum names, not flavor real names.  I wasn't (and still aren't) interested in real ones, but since everyone else was claiming them...

I notice you're The Only Sane Townie, which I suppose makes sense for an Inquisitor, but your reasoning appears to be that I tagged both witches and am therefore a witch myself (which is admittedly also very Inquisitor-appropriate), Think has no glaring holes and is therefore telling the truth, and Simple is the other killer by process of elimination. Most notably, it seems like your standards are a lot lower for Think than for me or Simple.

You're misinterpreting my words.  I explicitly stated that I thought that was weak reasoning, while mentioning your defense of Urist earlier on.  Simple's flavor fit more with something nonhuman than a witch, which is reinforced through Dariush's new claim that there's a golem among us.

I'll grant you that I may have not considered the "Think witch" possibility enough.  I don't like him not answering my question about it.  I'll read back over things and see if I can find any evidence supporting it either way.  I do believe he is a medium, at the least.

Also, tell us more about this Inquisitor you report to. "Andrew," was it? High Inquisitor Andrew, who you went to college with? I'd expect inquisitors to be a bit more formal than that, especially in the middle of a potentially fatal gambit.

Anthony.  I got no other information about him- I even had to ask LNCP if he was another player because all I got was his name.  He's there to attract your attention while I lead from behind.

Fair enough on your reasoning on Think.  However, I can't help but point out you never actually denied being the third witch.

Simple:  Yes, I meant why do you think the third witch is Flandre or Think.  You didn't answer about Flandre, though.

Are you the golem Dariush is looking for?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 05, 2011, 12:46:54 pm »

Simple:  Yes, I meant why do you think the third witch is Flandre or Think.  You didn't answer about Flandre, though.

Are you the golem Dariush is looking for?
If Flandre is a witch it will explain why they think they lost already. But witch-witch lover pair sounds pretty strange so it's less likely than think being the third. I'm not a golem unless i can be one without knowing it (Voight-Kampff Test was inconclusive :P).

Dariush: How exactly this golem got here ?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 05, 2011, 01:00:38 pm »

Why urist is dead if golem is now witch-ally (if i get it right) ?
What? Why should golem be a witch-ally?
You can search for bracelet AND kill one night or it was made up ?
Yes, I can do both.
You have any method of identifying golem other than killing ?
It isn't technically killing (since the primary purpose of the ritual is to enslave the golem, and if used on human it kills them as a side-effect, but no, I don't.
Dariush: What do you know of the golem?
Below.
Does the golem like to drink?
It is a construct, so I guess no.
Why'd you search me instead of kill me- I assume you can either search someone or kill someone?
I don't remember why now, but I suspected Jim was a golem, so I ritual'd him. I searched you to make sure not to destroy the bracelet if you had it, since I planned to kill you N3 just because dealing with Simple and Flandre in the endgame would be easier than with you. No offence meant. And I can do both in one night.
How'd you pick your targets?
Either the most suspicious one (I killed Vector primarily because of her claim on D1 about her love of books) or the most experienced one.
How exactly does your searching/killing differ?
Searching gives me the bracelet if the target possesses it; otherwise nothing happens. If I choose to ritual/kill someone, if they are a golem, they are converted, otherwise they are killed. If they possess the bracelet, it is destroyed (though I am not notified of it, since I asked LNCP whether or not Jim had the bracelet and he didn't tell me).
I don't see how you can not block our wincon while simultaneously remaining to the endgame, seeing as magical entities must be killed.
That was exactly what I was afraid of, so I asked LNCP and he gave the answer I quoted earlier.
Also- you missed my question.  Who do you think is what amongst the remaining players?
Think is witch; Flandre is town; among Irony and Simple one is the golem, the other town, and I strongly suspect Simple is town. One doesn't simply asspull as much flavour as he did on D1.
Every single piece of information you have.Now. Unless you expect us to blindly help SK.
My golem (who runs on souls) escaped me; I chased him through the forest to this village. Here, I slept in the barn, the other info from my previous claim is true. Due to my faithful replication of human form, it is impossible to discern him from others. At first he is 'a mindless wretch', but later 'can regain access to his mental faculties'. I know that he is dangerous and fairly powerful, since it destroyed my house. Also, I have a small chance of sensing magical actions (though I didn't sense anything as of yet). And well, that's pretty much it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 05, 2011, 01:21:20 pm »

Dariush:  How long has the golem been here?  What do you know of its motivations?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 05, 2011, 01:31:07 pm »

Dariush: So what does the bracelet do ? I assumed it was control device or something, that's why i thought golem is witch-ally.Would you disappear from game like pandar or stay if golem would be lynched ? What do you know of witches ?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 05, 2011, 01:33:46 pm »

Dariush:  How long has the golem been here?
For as long as I was.
  What do you know of its motivations?
Nothing; it was intended to be a household servant, so 'there's no telling what it could do'. Though considering it's... unusual choice of previous targets, it's probably eliminating me.
Dariush: So what does the bracelet do ?
Nothing, simply an artifact the coven stole from me long ago.
Would you disappear from game like pandar or stay if golem would be lynched ?
If golem is lynched, I'd insta-lose and disappear. If I both convert the golem and find the bracelet, I'll insta-win and disappear. If I only convert the golem, I'll have to wait until the natural game end or find the bracelet to insta-win.
What do you know of witches ?
Absolutely nothing, only that they stole the bracelet from me.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 05, 2011, 01:39:33 pm »

Votecount:

Think0028  - 1 -  Dariush,
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 3 -  Think0028, IronyOwl, Toaster,
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Flandre  - 1 -  Simple,
Simple  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 -  Flandre,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 3 -  Dariush, Simple, Toaster,
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day has been extended to Tuesday, 8PM GMT.

You need 3 players to Extend and 4 players to Shorten.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 05, 2011, 01:39:58 pm »

Fascinating.

Here's the thing- if the golem got here the same time all this started, how could he be impersonating an innkeeper?  Investigating Simple's flavor indicated much that he's been innkeeping for quite some time.  I'd think the golem would be someone that would have no strong ties to the town.

Isn't that right, Irony?

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 06, 2011, 03:55:50 am »

I'm now bit concerned about what's the best way of dealing with this situation. I guess it's either lynching golem or no-lynch ? And hope witches are not two-faced bastards.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39