Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77130 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Traitors in the Midst
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2011, 10:25:50 pm »

Might you suggest how to respond to them?

If he's wrong, you explain how he's wrong.

Your best recourse at this point, however, is to read back through the game, look for anything that looks bad, and then go look at all of the rest of the player's interactions to build a case.  You, friend, cannot just RV anymore.  You need to build a case.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2011, 11:23:30 pm »

@kilakan: you were completely right about being overly defensive. Its just something I will have to work on. Call it scummy if you will, but its an honest newbie mistake. @vector: ok, I will work on my case tonight and try to get it posted tomorrow, if thats okay.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2011, 11:27:57 pm »

@kilakan: you were completely right about being overly defensive. Its just something I will have to work on. Call it scummy if you will, but its an honest newbie mistake. @vector: ok, I will work on my case tonight and try to get it posted tomorrow, if thats okay.

If you need time to build your case, you should probably ask for an extension.

Like this:

Extend.

(I need time to look through the game, too.  For example, this is why I am currently not voting anyone)

I am also still waiting for a lot of responses to my questions about vote targets and reasons for those targets.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2011, 11:55:09 pm »

I'll also vote for an Extend.

Jc The reason why im saying thing's like that instead of asking blatantly obvious questions is to see people's reactions, you don't always have to use questions to get responses. Didn't I already explain this?

@kilakan: until I find out why I had those two non-bdthemag votes, I can not reply to the end of your post.
So your basically postponing his question and saying "Everyone focus on Bd now."?

Billybob care to explain what a "Non-cocksucky" explanation is to you? I told you its best not to discuss night actions, because it could lead to a long meaningless discussion.

Vector I voted JC because he would constantly go "Blah blah blah, your right.", and agree with everyone. To me it seemed like he was trying to not get anyone suspicious, so he just agree's with him.

Can the other people who are voting me give an explanation of their vote on me?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2011, 12:05:22 am »

Billybob care to explain what a "Non-cocksucky" explanation is to you? I told you its best not to discuss night actions, because it could lead to a long meaningless discussion.
In this case, a "non-conksucky" explanation would be anything addressing how my questions were WIFOM-y. "Talking about night actions is bad", while (possibly) valid advice, does not actually answer that question.

.... I get the feeling this conversation is just going in circles and we're saying the same things over again.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2011, 12:07:42 am »

Billybob I realize I made a mistake about what you said before, talking about night actions is somewhat okay. Your not really going to get alot of info on them besides who that person would target if they were X. Sure it can lead to mroe discussion on why they would pick who, but its not a good source of finding information.

Excuse me if that made no sense, im really tired.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2011, 12:11:21 am »

Also, coNksuck, not coCksuck.

... Not sure why I feel this is important to explain, since it is clearly nothing of the sort.

oh hey ninja response.

Discussion on why someone would pick a person is, I think, the entire point of these questions.

Nobody's going to slip up and reveal they're scum if you ask them a question actually relevant to that fact.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2011, 12:24:39 am »

Nobody's going to slip up and reveal they're scum if you ask them a question actually relevant to that fact.

FALSE TRY AGAIN

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2011, 12:38:02 am »

Thanks, bdthemag. I have a good read on you now. UNVOTE

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2011, 12:46:55 am »

Yeah, i vote for an extend as well. @vector: well, I was building a case against bdthemag but he explained himself pretty well so Im going to move on to some one else tomorrow.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2011, 12:53:51 am »

Protip: When voting for a shorten or extend, put it in bold.
Welcome to Reality.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2011, 12:57:04 am »

The town crier from before walks past again, heralding the time of day.

Votecount

Bdthemag[3]: billybobfred, Simple, UltraValican
jc6036[2]: Bdthemag, kilakan
UltraValican[1]: Twiggie
Simple[1]: IronyOwl

Not voting:  Vector, jc6036

The day will end Thursday, 5:00 PM PST.

A nearby woman, annoyed at the man's constant droning, throws a bucket at he's head. To your surprise, the crier dodges and rolls out of the projectiles path with ease and the bucket clutters harmlessly to the ground. The crier brushes himself off and yells at the woman
Ha! You will need to do better than that, wench! I used was a bard before I got this job, my tumble skill was the envy of the party!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2011, 07:08:31 am »

I was hoping for slightly more activity than this. >:/

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2011, 04:24:52 pm »

@ Simple Why are you curious about who is voting/ suspicious of whom?
Uhh, because that's the most basic information for good scumhunting ? If someone's not clear enough or have nothing to say on this topic then i have a reason to suspect they could be just pretending to do that.

@simple: to answer your question, I believe that two of the votes on me are just pressure votes that were never removed, and I think that bd voted for me as a rebuttal against my attacks on him. Thats not going to stop my attacks, however, and I will reveal bds true intentions soon enough. I find it suspicious how he asks barely any questions at all, and shoots down others by calling them "stupid" or "WIFOM" whilst barely giving good answers.
True intentions ? That's pretty strange statement in this situation.. Could you expand this?

Fuck it.  I want the reasons for votes on BDthemag, too.
My vote back then was for his dodging question with wifom excuses and not doing asking any productive questions.It was more of a "Hello? Anybody there ? Answer the damn questions!" vote, right now after i reread few older posts i'm not so sure if it's the best place for my vote but i guess few more questions before i change it won't hurt.

Unvote billybobfred.

Simple, could you restate your case on scriver? Why didn't you ever answer his question?
Using case here seems bit odd to me, especially since i think i didn't voted him before but anyway: I didn't answered his question because his response seemed lazy and dodging to me, and maybe it's a bad reason (especially since he has been replaced) but is at least wording the same questions in other way that hard ? Also his non-voting fixation sounded to me as bit strange over-defensive scum thinking but that's hardly anything serious. And now it makes me bit confused how to use anything scriver did when dealing with kilakan to be honest.

Why are you voting BD still? You don't seem to have been questioning him much. What's your suspect list, in order, and why?
He still ignores my questions so it's bit hard to question him isn't it ? And that's main of the reasons why he still have my vote on him. And now i see he backs away when pressed so he's in my opinion playing so defensively it's suspicious. As for my suspect list: Bdthemag, jc6036( he's changing his suspects/opinions like to adjust to people currently questioning him..), ultravalican/Twiggie (not enough input to evaluate their town/scum-ness),scriver,you,Vector. But there's no one who stands  out as much more scummy than others.

Can the other people who are voting me give an explanation of their vote on me?
  I wanted to lift my vote after you answered sufficiently on my questions but looks like you chosen to ignore them so :
Who's your second pick ? Why ? Who worries you the most ? What do you make of recent jc wavering about your vote ? Why you first press on the wifom question problem with billybobfred then back off and now you do the same thing again ?

ultravalican: How you differ your own votes between pressure and lynching ones ?
jc6036: Why you first assure us that your vote for Bd is pretty certain and promise his soon exposure as scum, and then you just withdraw ?
Twiggie: Whose questions would you name as most useful to the town ? And least useful ?

And i guess extend is a good thing right now. Or it passed already ?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2011, 04:25:54 pm »

Simple: The day has already been extended once. Do you wish to extend again?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 49