Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77089 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Traitors in the Midst
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2011, 08:39:26 pm »

I dont know what to do. I guess mafia just isnt the game for me.
First of all, never give up. Even if you get lynched, you can still continue to scumhunt up until then, acquiring potentially useful information for everyone else. Even if you're scum, that can still be handy to your partner.

Secondly, there's nothing to do except continue playing. If you think people are voting you for good reasons, explain why you screwed up and continue hunting. If you think people are voting you for bad reasons, call them out on it and continue hunting. If you're not sure why people are voting you, ask them about it and continue hunting.

There's zero reason why being voted a lot should stop you from trying to figure everyone else out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2011, 08:44:20 pm »

A town crier walks past the group of soldiers, waving a large bell, and shouting out.

Votecount

Bdthemag[3]: billybobfred, jc6036, Simple
jc6036[3]: UltraValican, Bdthemag, kilakan
billybobfred[1]: IronyOwl
UltraValican[1]: Twiggie

Not voting:  Vector

The day will end Tuesday, 5:00 PM PST. You need 3 people to Extend and 5 to Shorten.

jc6036: While nobody is going to stop you from leaving any time you want, your first game is always going to be hard. If you stick it out, you will be a stronger player for it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2011, 08:46:05 pm »

Fuck it.  I want the reasons for votes on BDthemag, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2011, 08:49:38 pm »

I dont know what to do. I guess mafia just isnt the game for me.
Ok not even close to a decent response.  As Irony said just keep playing, I'm not at all convinced you are scum, but I'm not convinced you are town either.  Answer/reply to what I've said and then the vote may or may not come off.  It's just a pressure/actually pay attention to this vote.  That being said it doesn't come off until you at least try to respond with a bit more then 'I suck'.

Unvote.

I would like everyone voting jc6036 to explain why they are doing so, please, and why they are certain he is scum, and why they thought their vote in particular would be helpful.

At this point, any vote on him will be considered a lynching vote.
mainly to get him to actually pay attention.  The vote was to force him to actually respond to what I said and not just brush it off as 'another pressure vote'  While it is a pressure vote, if he doesn't do anything then It's a lynch vote.  Frankly the reason I think he may be scum, is that there is always the possibility he is playing the "I'm a noob card" that someone else may be telling him to do.  Now I realize it's a tad of a WIFOM but the fact he has talked down himself 3 times, and then responded with "I don't know what to do" makes me think he is scum trying to get out by playing dumb.
Nom nom nom

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2011, 08:50:35 pm »

As for my vote on bd: he seems to not ask many questions then shoots others down as "stupid" Or "WIFOMy" making it appear that he doesnt want to give answers to certain questions. That seems scummy to me. And for the votes against me, I guess I was being overly defensive. I dont know how, but that appears to be peoples argument.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2011, 08:55:20 pm »

As for my vote on bd: he seems to not ask many questions then shoots others down as "stupid" Or "WIFOMy" making it appear that he doesnt want to give answers to certain questions. That seems scummy to me. And for the votes against me, I guess I was being overly defensive. I dont know how, but that appears to be peoples argument.
Partially Noob Advice:I find that if you tend to over explain things, and use words like 'appears' and lines like "I Don't Know how" from the above quote, it tends to seem like you are trying to tell people what they want to hear and not what you think.  Then over-explaining something (like the swimming example) it makes you seem like you are really worrying over this and thus over-thinking it, then you come off as overly defensive.  Basically you can worry and really think things through as much as you want, just try to not seem it.  Be concise.  (if the IC's disagree with me jump in and say so, it's just what I've found from my 5 games here)
Nom nom nom

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2011, 09:03:42 pm »

bdthemag took one look at my questions and said something to the effect of "WIFOM! die scum". I asked him to explain what was WIFOM-y about my questions, and he said something along the lines of "they are about things that might not actually happen and also about night actions which is BAD AND WRONG". The bit about night actions might have been valid (though I'm not so sure) but the first part is just plain wrong. And it completely failed to address the wine, which was supposedly the entire issue.

So I put a pressure vote on him and asked for a non-conksucky explanation. Since he hasn't given one, the vote's still on.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2011, 09:42:45 pm »

Unvote billybobfred.

Simple, could you restate your case on scriver? Why didn't you ever answer his question?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2011, 10:56:47 pm »

@kilakan: until I find out why I had those two non-bdthemag votes, I can not reply to the end of your post. For now, @bdthemag: why arent you asking many questions? And why do you not like ours? @my voters: can you tell me why I have those votes? (except for kilakan, you already told me.) (also, I partially read the last BM game, and saw some of the questions within. I think I have a better idea of what I need to ask now)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2011, 11:11:58 pm »

Simple, could you restate your case on scriver? Why didn't you ever answer his question?
To add to this, since I didn't realize some of the more interesting nuances of the situation...

Why are you voting BD still? You don't seem to have been questioning him much. What's your suspect list, in order, and why?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2011, 07:27:12 pm »

@kilakan: until I find out why I had those two non-bdthemag votes, I can not reply to the end of your post. For now, @bdthemag: why arent you asking many questions? And why do you not like ours? @my voters: can you tell me why I have those votes? (except for kilakan, you already told me.) (also, I partially read the last BM game, and saw some of the questions within. I think I have a better idea of what I need to ask now)
Aw what a cute dodge.  You already said you thought they were pressure votes, why in your opinion might someone want to pressure you?  Also can you respond to the entire rest of the post, cause saying well I can't respond to z so I won't respond to a-y is not a good answer.
Nom nom nom

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2011, 07:39:05 pm »

My vote for jc was strictly pressure.
Unvote JC
Vote BD

You have not posted in quite along time, get your butt out here and tell us whats the hold up.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2011, 08:17:35 pm »

My vote for jc was strictly pressure.
Unvote JC
Did you get the read you wanted off him, or are you unvoting for some other reason?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2011, 09:18:54 pm »

Its a weekend and I just got home, I'll post in a bit but not now. I'm fucking tired.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2011, 10:16:58 pm »

@kilakan: The votes were pressure since it was the RVS stage, and the initial questions were asked. Of course, the reasons for pressure votes are to try to root out scum, so I was essentially being checked out. You want a response to the rest of your post, but it's all statements. Might you suggest how to respond to them?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49