Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77137 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Traitors in the Midst
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2011, 10:59:10 pm »

Nothing can help that but experience though, correct?
Analysis can help as well- if you can pinpoint why everyone's voting you, you can think about how to not do that.

But yes, experience will help also.

I'd also like to point out that proper wording is rather important in mafia, both because it's vital to be able to successfully communicate what you want to say, and because poor wording can be an important scumtell.

Finally, keep hunting, and don't worry too much about how many votes you have. It makes you look more townlike and accomplishes your goals at the same time, whether or not you get lynched.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2011, 07:01:24 am »

Would you claim outright after hitting scum as a cop ?
Probably, yeah. I'd like if my reading had some benefit to town, and I can't think of a way to get town to lynch a guy without claiming that isn't so obvious I may as well have just claimed in the first place.

I might hold off if town seemed to be looking that way on their own, though.
Wouldn't that be a good reason to tip the scales on the right side with that infoation ? And as of other question it wasn't meaning the cop situation, sorry if it was misleading.

jc: Bd and you have the same number of votes right now. What do you think of this situation ?
scriver: I guess you may have some reason to not vote but who's your first pick right now and why ?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2011, 08:43:32 am »

@owl: I think that my wording and/or grammer is a bit off some times, causing mis reads of my answers/questions. And it really is making me angry. Imagine learning how to swim, whilst a teacher tosses you into the pool and a more experienced swimmer tries to dunk you. Thats how I feel right now. I feel that the three votes against me are because of poor wording in my posts, causing suspicion. Combine that with my newness to mafia games, and I guess I have a kick me sign on my back. Nothing can help that but experience though, correct?
@JCI'm not an IC, but just remeber: Don't Panic/Victimize YourSelf, doing those to things only puts yourself deeper into the hole. I don't quite remember but someone told me in my last mafia game:
You'll be susprised how many people will change thier vote for you when you join the scumhunt
Just my two cents on the matter.
@ Simple Why are you curious about who is voting/ suspicious of whom?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2011, 10:14:09 am »

Wouldn't that be a good reason to tip the scales on the right side with that infoation ?
Sure, if they weren't looking hard enough on their own to get the scum lynched. And there's no way I'd be voting for anyone else that day.

But if town doesn't need a cop claim to lynch scum, then I don't need to make the mafia's nightkill easy.

And as for the other question, I guess I'd just pick someone else and focus on them instead.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2011, 10:17:34 am »

People, I don't think I'll be able to continue in this game. I haven't been feeling very up the last days, and I can't participate like I should when I'm too tired to feel like doing anything other than to be alone and listen to dreary music.

I don't know if this hinders the game or not, and if it does I am very sorry, but I thought it would be better to write this than just lingering in the background not doing anything (as I have so far) and ignoring it.
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2011, 12:36:42 pm »

Yeah, that's fine.  Will you at least try to come play with us some other time?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2011, 12:43:11 pm »

I'll PM kilakan right now.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2011, 02:19:39 pm »

Ok I am replacing scriver, so I'll be reading over the thread now.  I have yet to get any pm from think confirming I am in yet however, so I will refrain from scum-hunting for the moment.
Nom nom nom

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2011, 02:32:38 pm »

@simple: to answer your question, I believe that two of the votes on me are just pressure votes that were never removed, and I think that bd voted for me as a rebuttal against my attacks on him. Thats not going to stop my attacks, however, and I will reveal bds true intentions soon enough. I find it suspicious how he asks barely any questions at all, and shoots down others by calling them "stupid" or "WIFOM" whilst barely giving good answers.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2011, 02:33:50 pm »

Kilakan has replaced scriver.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2011, 03:15:42 pm »

Yeah, that's fine.  Will you at least try to come play with us some other time?
I probably will, sometime in the future. I still think it looks like fun.

Anyway, since I don't want to detract from the game, I won't post any more in here.
Thanks for understanding, though.
Love, scriver~

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2011, 04:01:20 pm »

Posting to watch/IC from the bench.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2011, 07:05:19 pm »

This being my first game ever, I simply cannot think of what questions to ask, and what I could learn from my answers. Thats why I was letting others do the questioning for me. . . .this really is infuriating, not really being able to play well. I will do my best, however.
This sounds like preemptive defensiveness to me.  You talk yourself down and sound nervous while doing it.  Also about not being to play very well... it is called a beginner's game for a reason, and it's just an excuse.

@bdthemag: then perhaps its just your volatile personality in general thats showing in your posts. I just think that your working a bit too hard to make your self look townie.
This is simply you getting pushed back and then saying 'Ok I'm Wrong about you don't hurt me!'  If you think he's working too hard to look townie then push him harder, don't fold at a rebuttal.  Try to actually push him back with an accusation or argument, this just makes you look scummy to me.
Billy bob is also putting up a good defense, but for all I know, he could still be scum. I trust nobody.
This is a backhanded compliment, along with another preemptive defensive point.  It seems you are trying to buddy him while covering your ass by saying, well I still don't trust him!
@vector: either you just have a very anal personality, or your scum. . .wanting us to vote this early, trying to get us all to put pressure on each other. . . .suspicious, hmmm, vector?
Well that's just rude, arrogant, and written very nervously.  Also mafia is about putting pressure on people, if you don't enjoy that this really is not the game for you.
@vector: Well, I guess youve been playing longer than me. . . .I have no idea what questions to ask. . . .
Now she is an IC and did give a good rebuttal, but you seriously fold on your suspicions like that, and talk yourself down again?
I keep clarifying as every body keeps taking my questions and answers the wrong way. So I give a answer that seems suspicious because its being taken the wrong way, then I try to clarify and you say thats scummy. See, here I go again, trying to explain my self. @simple: thanks for pointing out my passive agressivness, I guess that I should be more direct, so @bdthemag: I think you are scum. You seem to be extremely hostile towards every body, and that makes me feel that your trying to make people lose their cool, to piss them off. I find that a bit suspiscious. I can see a good scumhunting technique in that, but your a bit too aggresive.
There's a line between defending your arguments and words, and being so defensive as to become scummy.  This post crossed the line, well the first three sentences at least.

@owl: I think that my wording and/or grammer is a bit off some times, causing mis reads of my answers/questions. And it really is making me angry. Imagine learning how to swim, whilst a teacher tosses you into the pool and a more experienced swimmer tries to dunk you. Thats how I feel right now. I feel that the three votes against me are because of poor wording in my posts, causing suspicion. Combine that with my newness to mafia games, and I guess I have a kick me sign on my back. Nothing can help that but experience though, correct?
Again with the angry at yourself, and talking yourself down.  Also with the over-explaining yourself, that is yet again defensiveness to the point of scummy.

jc6036
@simple: to answer your question, I believe that two of the votes on me are just pressure votes that were never removed, and I think that bd voted for me as a rebuttal against my attacks on him. Thats not going to stop my attacks, however, and I will reveal bds true intentions soon enough. I find it suspicious how he asks barely any questions at all, and shoots down others by calling them "stupid" or "WIFOM" whilst barely giving good answers.
Now that vote comes off when you tell me why you truly believe that two votes on you are pressure, and when you make good on your promise to reveal BDthemag's true intentions.  Frankly your attacks seem very half-hearted so far.
Nom nom nom

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2011, 08:28:27 pm »

I dont know what to do. I guess mafia just isnt the game for me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2011, 08:32:12 pm »

Unvote.

I would like everyone voting jc6036 to explain why they are doing so, please, and why they are certain he is scum, and why they thought their vote in particular would be helpful.

At this point, any vote on him will be considered a lynching vote.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 49