Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40609 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 4, Day 3) New players welcome!
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2011, 10:10:08 pm »

Gather again - look exclusively for gemstones and ores.

Also, I'd like to sign back up for Cycle 4, if I may.
くコ:彡

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2011, 11:47:12 pm »

Can i sign up? if so...

Name: Buck Fin.
Profession:Genesplicer (animal+animal= mix of both.) cant think of a better name but meh..... if thats not aloud, bone crafter.
Bio:Hill billy scientist.

I dont quite feeling like making a long bio. :P
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 11:50:37 pm by mcdonaldjord »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2011, 01:34:44 am »

Holy crap, we can claim spots now, thought we had to wait until cycle was over. Put me back on the list.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2011, 11:08:15 am »

Weird is right guys, you arn't supposed to be signing back up until after the last day. I will allow it, but mcdonald gets in before all the re-signups.

mcdonaldjord:
Buck Fin the Genesplicer
Genetic Engineering 1 [0/100]

Final rolls for this cycle soon.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2011, 11:38:47 am »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Attempt to break down the singing sword into whatever sort of magical ink/laughter energy/ect serves as the fundimental building blocks of toonkind.

Purchase the Halibut and the AM Radio from storage before entering hibernation. Purchase the radio only if I critically fail my check and waste the sword.
You turn your powers inward on the toon sword. A dark cloud passes your face, and the sword slowly stops singing, as a look of horror passes on the toon's face, and a dramatic music clip sounds as the light around you goes dark. Afterwards, a number of items are scattered around your work station.
+84 toon dissection exp
+ red box labeled 'singing sword' [41]
+ red tissue paper [35]
+ animated toon ink [8]
+ shriveled toon residue [21]
- 1 boxed singing toon sword [19]
You also purchase the Halibut from group storage, planning future undead fish attacks. (-53 influence)
+ 7 frozen filet of Halibut [53]

Dissolve the songsword in gastric acid to get a singing acid.

Buy
4 shiny chrome serrated blades [223]
1 am radio [22]
two headlights [45]
2 massive concrete building foundations [64]
2 leather covered seats [99]
You lower the sword into the acid, in the hopes of enhancing the acid into a singing form. However as you touch the toon to the acid, it bends backward at an awkward angle, and screams in your face, "YEOWCH! THAT'S HOT!!" Causing you to drop both items, and rub your aching ears instead of continuing your action. Disturbed, you head to group inventory and make several purchases with your signifigant amount of influence.
+33 chemical enhancement exp [levelup!]
+ 4 shiny chrome serrated blades [223]
+ 1 am radio [22]
+ two headlights [45]
+ 2 massive concrete building foundations [64]
+ 2 leather covered seats [99]
( -453 influence total )

Sell the limestone dust and boulders. As you say, I don't want to go into hibernation with a negative influence.
Gather again, looking for gemstones.
You sell your limestone items for 145 influence, and head out into the cave to look for gems.
- 10 piles of limestone dust [54]
- 5 limestone boulders [91]
The cave is dark down here. Very dark. For some reason you don't think to use your powers to light your way, so you stumble about a bit in the darkness. If there were any gemstones down here, you don't find them, and eventually your time is up, and you return to the Aglaia empty handed.
+17 gemstone mining exp

+ I Buy the boulders sold by PyroDesu
+ 5 limestone boulders [91] (-91 influence)

Gather again - look exclusively for gemstones and ores.
82-35=47
You head into the cavern, but stop about half way down. A very small glint in the sunlight that trickles down into this sinkhole catches your eye. A tiny stone, with less than a centimeter exposed to the water of the little stream occasionally reflects light through the waterfall. Filling your fingertips with power you carefully pry away the rock, and extract several small gemstones. Happy with your find, you head back to the ship.
+86 gemstone mining exp
+47 opaque blue Jaspers [35]

Group Inventory:

Alrighty, that's the end of Cycle 2. Cycle Update comes next. If you haven't already said you wish to re-signup, and wish to, now is the time.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2011, 12:11:33 pm »

I am in for the next aviable cycle
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2011, 12:16:08 pm »

Cycle Review:

Hibernating Creators:

Gallery:

Grand Influence Rankings:

Cycle 3 Start!:

New Creators:

The New World:

New Group Inventory:

Ok, cycle 3 folk, have 24 hours to post an action. Otherwise they will be skipped. Remember I allow only one missed turn, at the 2nd I replace you from the waitlist.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 1, Day 1) New players welcome!
« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2011, 12:42:58 pm »

Difficulty 1 world, so I probably don't want to go gathering. Hmm.

Purchase the aquarium gravel and the marble stone blocks. Craft a pillar out of them.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2011, 02:32:46 pm »

Yay i have no skills

buy all of the glass bowls and break them down to create a golem.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2011, 02:49:14 pm »

I'd really like to get my hands on some of the stuff that lives here... Gather Animals
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2011, 10:06:00 pm »

Yes you do want to gather!

Gather vicious predator
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2011, 02:35:25 pm »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Purchase the aquarium gravel and the marble stone blocks. Craft a pillar out of them.
You purchase the gravel and blocks at 59 influence, and get down to work.
91+90+4+25=210
Stacking the marble high, you empty the gravel around the edges, and begin to pour in your power. Sculpting comes easily to you, but having to fuse together rock before hand is a new experience. You manage to put it all together, and then begin to chisel away the excess and shape the column. After a while you have a pretty impressive looking pillar. Concave grooves line it up and down, and the top and base widen a bit into a square block.
+82 Sculptor exp
+ streaked turqoise marble pillar [210]
- 7 blocks of white marble stone [51]
- 14 lbs of bright turqoise aquarium gravel [8]

buy all of the glass bowls and break them down to create a golem.
You also purchase from the group storage to begin work, costing you 48 influence.
However, breaking down glass as a golem building block is more difficult that it seems. Glass is sand that has been fused together and changed at a fundemental level into what is essencially a liquid. These thick shaped bowls are hard to break, and even if you do, there is only three of them. Not really enough for a full size golem construction. After a few failed attempts you decide to think things over, and try again later.
+21 glass shaping exp

I'd really like to get my hands on some of the stuff that lives here... Gather Animals
54-20=34 (yeah... not impossible... but it's hard to gather here, and you even specified)
The moment you step through the portal, everything within your vision seems to attack you. You are bombarded with claws, teeth, spat seeds, worms, eggs, stings, one tree seems to fling boulders at you that you just manage to dodge, while deflecting a bunch of grass who try to spear through your feet and root you in place. Whatever is in the air here is deadly, and everything here follows suit. You think about trying to gather something, but then alarms go off in your head, your powers only barely manage to compensate, as each breath inhales so many spores, bacteria, viruses, and other particles that you should have been dead before you took three steps. The fear begins to sink in as you notice Dylar being swallowed up by something out of the corner of your eye. You quickly retreat back to the ship, gasping for breath on your knees by the time you are back inside.
+34 hunting exp

Gather vicious predator
20-20=0 (... ) cRiTiCaL fAiL
You also make the choice to brave this planet of Deathworld. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. attacks you once you pass the portal.You also manage to stop most of the barrage, and the attack from air borne sources. However, you decide to push forward, instead of retreating. This proves to be a very bad idea. A small seemingly unassuming plant that looks like a basketball suddenly bulges to three times it's size, and opens like a giant toothed mouth, grabbing your whole body and pulling you underground. You instinctively struggle with your powers, lashing out at the beast, but you feel your resolve slipping. Whatever is in the fliud the plant holds inside it's massive hollow body is seeping into your skin. Feelings of great pleasure begin to erode your fear, powers and desire to escape. You stop struggling to conserve your energy to keep sane and plan an escape for tomorrow, if you are in here longer than that who knows how hard it might be to get out. At least you are safe from the other attacks inside here... At least as far as this can be considered safe.
-96 influence
You are LOST. Your next action must be to escape from this world. Others may try and help you if they say so as their action this turn. (Help will come from inside the ship, so the dangers of this world wouldn't apply to assistance)

Group Inventory:

wheee... wonderful idea, gather in the difficulty 1 world. XD

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 1, Day 2) New players welcome!
« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2011, 02:46:24 pm »

Hey, it was worth a try :p

I help Toaster. Seriously, stop getting lost.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 07, 2011, 02:56:33 pm »

I think it's slightly unfair that I am in 5th cycle now, because I was sure that it's  possible to resign only after the end of cycle.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 07, 2011, 02:57:45 pm »

Darn, you're being digested by a massive plant, Toaster.... I'd help 'im If I were you, guys...
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28