Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185751 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Players welcome.)
« Reply #2070 on: August 14, 2011, 03:42:18 pm »

((Yeh gotta earn it first.))
((I am a loyal subject what more could he ask?))
((2 ductats per year in rent  :P))
((a pigeon demon slayer?))
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: August 14, 2011, 03:42:46 pm »

((Good god, I haven't even started out proper yet and everyone suddenly wants to rob merchants. Oh well, no one said this is going to be easy....))

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: August 14, 2011, 03:46:19 pm »

OOC:
Being a landed noble is a pretty big thing. Even the lowliest of Barons is more socially important than any upjumped peasant merchant-lord. Everyone who has land at the moment has earned it in battle (or married into it). While battle isn't the only way to acquire land, the King doesn't just give away fealty and you will have to demonstrate your loyalty to earn it.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: August 14, 2011, 03:48:49 pm »

((It dosen't seem too OP but Excalibur was mentioned in adwarf's OP character. It was a sword back then. I really don't have many problems with your character, except for being a demon. That seems overpowering even if its lacking in power. Also I don't see how a pigeon's going to converse with anyone else. Course I'm not the GM so just go ignore me.))
((Ooh... opps, didn't realize, Excalibur was used already (It was in reference to the sword in the stone from the Old English Arthurian Legend) that can change, ok how about Malthus, as in Malthusian crisis? Is that taken, and could you please clarify what you mean by being overpowered and also lacking power? Also it converses with writing, which I think I mentioned already. Sorry if that sounds a bit defensive, they're all good points just making my own.))

((Yeh gotta earn it first.))
((I am a loyal subject what more could he ask?))
((2 ductats per year in rent  :P))
((a pigeon demon slayer?))
((Bring it on  8)))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:50:57 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: August 14, 2011, 03:49:55 pm »

(( Yes, earn the fealty... by stabbing heaps of merchants, naturally. ::) ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: August 14, 2011, 03:50:39 pm »

OOC:
Being a landed noble is a pretty big thing. Even the lowliest of Barons is more socially important than any upjumped peasant merchant-lord. Everyone who has land at the moment has earned it in battle (or married into it). While battle isn't the only way to acquire land, the King doesn't just give away fealty and you will have to demonstrate your loyalty to earn it.
Any marriageable daughters great king?
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: August 14, 2011, 03:52:21 pm »

((It dosen't seem too OP but Excalibur was mentioned in adwarf's OP character. It was a sword back then. I really don't have many problems with your character, except for being a demon. That seems overpowering even if its lacking in power. Also I don't see how a pigeon's going to converse with anyone else. Course I'm not the GM so just go ignore me.))
Ooh... opps, didn't realize, Excalibur was used already (It was in reference to the sword in the stone from the Old English Arthurian Legend) that can change, ok how about Malthus, as in Malthusian crisis? Is that taken, and could you please clarify what you mean by being overpowered and also lacking power? Also it converses with writing, which I think I mentioned already. Sorry if that sounds a bit defensive, they're all good points just making my own.
How about Kaji (Means Uncontrolled fire in japanese)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #2077 on: August 14, 2011, 03:53:00 pm »

((I want to see the pigeon demon leading an army of angry peasants...Or maybe people cowering in fear of the...PIGEON!))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: August 14, 2011, 03:53:26 pm »

OOC:
Any marriageable daughters great king?
None that he'll marry off. Or sisters. Or co-No, wait. He did that one.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: August 14, 2011, 03:54:21 pm »

((I want to see the pigeon demon leading an army of angry peasants...Or maybe people cowering in fear of the...PIGEON!))
((Thats a hilarious image as I see a pigeon sitting on a throne, and smoking a cigar as peasents bo down beneath him.))

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: August 14, 2011, 03:55:42 pm »

((any daughters yoink?))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: August 14, 2011, 03:56:55 pm »

((any daughters yoink?))
He has no land. Or legitimate daughters...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: August 14, 2011, 03:57:48 pm »

((any daughters yoink?))
He has no land. Or legitimate daughters...
((RAGE

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: August 14, 2011, 03:58:41 pm »

OOC:

King Erik has a phobia of merchants. It would work. /sarcasm

@Ashton: You're free to play a demon if it's accepted, but generally I think there's been a trend of demons and supernatural creatures not being liked when they were player controlled.
Why not just, like, rob merchants as a regular bandit dude? I don't really see the appeal of playing a bird that can't do anything but fly around, write, and peck people. Aside from Kytuzian's suggestion, which I would find to be hilarious and kind of support.

@Elfeater: The King has no daughters, as he is unmarried. He has a sister, but some random hedge-knight isn't likely to stand a chance in marrying her if every other suitor has been turned away so far.
Under Elbrethean law, the King isn't the only person who can grant land. You could bring yourself before a count, marquess, or duke (though we don't have any dukes yet) and be granted land for doing work for them, too. I recommend trying to look for such opportunities in-game.

If extortion is your thing, you could also build up some cash and then bail a landed noble out of debt for the price of one parcel of land or something.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: August 14, 2011, 04:00:53 pm »

((Ooh... opps, didn't realize, Excalibur was used already (It was in reference to the sword in the stone from the Old English Arthurian Legend) that can change, ok how about Malthus, as in Malthusian crisis? Is that taken, and could you please clarify what you mean by being overpowered and also lacking power? Also it converses with writing, which I think I mentioned already. Sorry if that sounds a bit defensive, they're all good points just making my own.))

((Well as a demon you are supposed to have overwhelming power, right now you have nearly none. But as time progresses, you could some how be released from the pigeon and become the demon once again. That's when you become overpowered. Oh and Malthus sounds great, but I believe that the demons of this rp are supposed to have sumerian sounding names. And if I'm wrong and your locked in the pigeon forever, how exactly are  you going to do anything?))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:06:13 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 188