Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185611 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1920 on: August 13, 2011, 04:10:43 pm »

((Technically Locanil has had to stab somebody and he's done it twice now. Unfortunately it's been himself both times.))

((Eh I could have used a corpse but this is more likely to suceed. Doubt the people would be happy about sacraficing corpses. I could stab someone else next time. ))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1921 on: August 13, 2011, 04:22:32 pm »

((I mean that being captured by raiders part...Seeing as I can't really help you now. And when I get back, I'll have a large selection of maps, which HAVE to mean something to you...Otherwise I can just run off and find another employer.))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: August 13, 2011, 04:50:08 pm »

The corpses were hastily buried, just enough to keep them at least some weeks from discovery. Freshly disguised the "monks" marched towards the town of Suul a few of the men wearing the uniform of the guards so that no suspicion may arise. The tithes still with them Jarl Manskinner and his men entered the heavily fortified city...

try to enter the city( if need be bribe the way in), if the tithes are not taken from us use them to support radical Cyclist groups within the city. Use them to stir unhapiness and unrest among the populace, carefully. Be sure that these men are paid completely anonymously and can't recognise the Jarl or his men...

(( well if i can't raid Suul from the outside, i try to break them down a bit from the inside... :P time to do stuff Terenos-Style))

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: August 13, 2011, 04:58:15 pm »

OOC:
There's pretty much always room for more people. Right now things have started to quiet down, for the most part. It's a bit of a calm before the storm moment.

There have been strange going-ons in the northern weylands, and a knight-errant has gathered people to the cause of putting an end to them. He's recently returned to Jarl Manskinner's clan badly injured, the only other survivor of their group, a northern Weylander Swordsman, in a similar state -- they brought a mysteriously garbed man and a man with shriveled, blind eyes with them to meet a Doctor from Brighthall, who acts as steward in the Jarl's stead. This is all following a massive conquest of the Weylands by a cunning and terrified man from the Storm Coast who has since come to be known as "The Jarl" or "The Manskinner"

Elbreth wages war with Preston, and Miring has recently fallen under Elbrethian sway -- rumor has it that this is the work of an elite Elbrethian Assassin capable of slaying entire regiments without breaking a sweat. An Elbrethian knight, famed for having slain a demon that was attacking a village in Elbreth, reportedly arrived in Miring with a force of infantry, intent on assisting the Assassin in quelling the populace. Merchants report that Suul is erecting defenses, but for what cause no-one is sure.

In the Eelspine Range, a Marquess brutally punishes traitors while putting out the call for adventurers. In a nearby county of the region, villagers live in fear of marauding Suulian mercenaries, or cave-people from the south who eat naught children depending on who you ask.

Those are just the things an average civilian might have heard rumors of, depending on where they are.

Behind the scenes an Elbrethian King puts aside his morales to insure victory in battle, a vicious Jarl leads his men in impersonating now-dead monks, a pirate plans a mutiny, the son of a merchant prince works to manipulate an heir-apparent, a group of raiders attempt to secure a foothold in an inhospitable region, and a dozen or so other plots are weaved -- many of which I probably don't even know about yet.

So as you can see, there's always room for more people. Because who else will we plot with and against?
Almost any role you can choose to play is going to be filled with excitement, provided you have goals for your character to try and accomplish. I would suggest a knight or noble, if you want to jump right into wars and intrigue. A courtier of some kind is good if you'd rather not find yourself fighting people verbally or physically to accomplish your goals (Locanil has yet to have to stab anybody, figuratively or otherwise, so far). Or any other kind of role, really. I would advise against being an independent, however, if only because you need to get very lucky to accomplish much with it.

I also suggest you skim through the thread a bit to get a feel of what's going on.

This message from Thatkid should be linked to on the first age for new players that are looking to join the RP.
You also may want to change the title to suggest new layers are always welcome (ie. You are King! <New players always welcome!>)

The corpses were hastily buried, just enough to keep them at least some weeks from discovery. Freshly disguised the "monks" marched towards the town of Suul a few of the men wearing the uniform of the guards so that no suspicion may arise. The tithes still with them Jarl Manskinner and his men entered the heavily fortified city...

try to enter the city( if need be bribe the way in), if the tithes are not taken from us use them to support radical Cyclist groups within the city. Use them to stir unhapiness and unrest among the populace, carefully. Be sure that these men are paid completely anonymously and can't recognise the Jarl or his men...

(( well if i can't raid Suul from the outside, i try to break them down a bit from the inside... :P time to do stuff Terenos-Style))

((It will be interesting to see what a bunch of fire obsessed religious crusaders will do when given money and told to cause trouble :) ))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: August 13, 2011, 05:04:07 pm »

(( see it this way everbody will gain from it: Cyclists gain power, Elbereth gains Suul, Corv gains money and revenge for taking him for a retard...hmm on Wacken i saw Ghost now i always want to give the orders to my men to wear skull masks mug people in dark side streets and leave some kind of message like: HEED ME MORTALS AND HEAR ME WELL, WHISPERS OF LONG FORGOTTEN...(kudos to those who get the reference) but somehow this sounds more and more plain stupid the more i think about it...lets stay with inciting a religious schism which propably throws half the western kingdoms into a bloody religious turf-war...))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: August 13, 2011, 05:06:15 pm »

((You're inviting OUR religion against Suul's religion. That's perfectly fine as long as you convert to cyclism too :P))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: August 13, 2011, 05:07:15 pm »

((fall from heaven. great game. Never got the infernals on Erebus :( ))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:17 pm »

( Been following the entire thing since the first post. Unfortunatley I wasn't able to join mainly because of personal time constraint. Now that I'm free however, I hope that you won't mind my merchant character. Don't worry, I won't be doing just trading...)

A small trading ship slowly made its way in the direction of Miring. Apart from a meagre cargo destined for the market there it had a passanger. Well, more of a barrel-shaped creature than a real passanger, but it paid the captain sufficently to get him there. Hans van der Vries, for that was this barrel's name, stood out in any crowd, least because of his red, shiny cheeks and unmistakable moustache with a small beard. Where one saw a typical merchant, a clever person saw a shrewd, calculating man, hidden beneath a big, disarming smile and shiny, blue eyes. But one did not have to be smart to know where every merchant was going; for every coin there is a merchant, destined to have his hand on it, sooner or later.

The Elbrethian intervention in the matters of its neighbours spelled a great opportunity. Hans, being a person of a big format (both figuratively and literally), couldn't pass up the opportunity like that. Everyone knows that war always means shortages and poor people. And lot of open markets, just waiting to be seized and exploited. Yes, Hans just could see the gold and the bright future ahead of him.
The guild back home did not apprecieate of his schemes though, so they gave him the task of exploring the Elbreth as a potential market, just to get rid of him. Or so they thought....
For now though, he had to disembark in Miring and find an appropriate quarters. You can't make money wihtout a warm bed and a warm meal to keep you going. 
"Do you know of any good place in this frosaken town that I could stay in ?" he asked the captain of the ship.
"Well, I heard of a place called Red Lion near the market, You might want to go there."

Disembark in(or near, don't know exact geography) Miring and head for the inn. On the way there, observe the the place and the people.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: August 13, 2011, 05:50:20 pm »

((Ardas, your merchant connections should supply my piracy!))
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1929 on: August 13, 2011, 06:23:29 pm »

((Ardas, your merchant connections should supply my piracy!))

((Yeah there's no way supplying a pirate would ever bite him in the ass.))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: August 13, 2011, 06:31:59 pm »

(( Hey, money does not stink, according to Emperor Vespasian. As long as its true gold, I will sell and buy whatever people need.))

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: August 13, 2011, 07:09:18 pm »

((As a pirate i've never betrayed anyone that was paying me enough to not do so))
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1932 on: August 13, 2011, 07:10:31 pm »

((I'm talking the king's guard arresting you for selling to a dangerous criminal.))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: August 13, 2011, 07:11:09 pm »

((Or a communist knight taxing the hell out of both of you :P))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: August 13, 2011, 07:11:30 pm »

((Welcome to the game, nice first post!))
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 188