Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185604 times)

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1890 on: August 13, 2011, 10:31:31 am »

The Doctor sat at the throne when Jormund came through, his arm bandaged and bleeding heavily. A stranger was next to him. "Well, you look delightful. What happened?" He said, sitting up a bit in the chair. As they explained it the Doctor took a minute to think it all over. "First thing's first. We need to fix your arm up properly. And since those things are gone I'll send some villagers over to try to take over the land again." He pointed at the stranger and motioned for him to sit. "Please stay here while I tend to our friend."

Tend to Jormund's wounds.

((Of course, this would imply that Pompular agrees to visit.))

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1891 on: August 13, 2011, 10:39:52 am »

((What is #127?! I may change my action depending on what it is, so this isn't final))

They're going to let me continue making the map?, wondered Kytuzian. Why? And then, they'll probably send some people with me to help make sure I don't do anything but make maps.

Agree to make the maps, but first ask about the conditions involved
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:42:03 am by kytuzian »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: August 13, 2011, 10:47:33 am »

((Dangerous ambitions sirs. As you will well learn when the tale of what happened to the last 2 kings of Miring. I intended to make that story quite ridiculously graphic anyways))

"People of Miring, I will give you your true and rightful king."

To Taricus: "Any idea where he is?.. What? With the north army? Please don't tell me hes in command.."

Me and Taricus probably ought to ride off to the north, we the majority of our regiments. Say 4, leaving 2 behind to keep the peace till our return?
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: August 13, 2011, 10:52:53 am »

"Who, trubaldsome? I think he's in... Preston... Well, I think that means we could off him more easily and blame it on Preston"

Take mine, Terenos' and tan one royal regiment to Preston, leaving 3 behind to keep the peace.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: August 13, 2011, 11:13:04 am »

((What is #127?! I may change my action depending on what it is, so this isn't final))

They're going to let me continue making the map?, wondered Kytuzian. Why? And then, they'll probably send some people with me to help make sure I don't do anything but make maps.

Agree to make the maps, but first ask about the conditions involved
#127 is the 127th torture technique that is almost garanteed to make a Waylander berzerker cry for his mother, this one includes a 94% chance of death about 4 or 5 hours in and if you survive for 10 hours we bring you to the healer where you will be healed then set free, well whats left of you that is still attached to your head will be set free.

"Oh good you will make the maps, I am glad that you picked up that there would be conditions, here is a list of them but remember that it isn't final.
A raider hands Kytuzian a list
Spoiler: list (click to show/hide)
"oh and do you know anyone that could tame bears?"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:15:33 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1895 on: August 13, 2011, 11:17:01 am »

((Oh...Yes.))

"Well, as a matter of fact I do know someone who can tame bears, but they happen to be a ways away," said Kytuzian. "Somewhere in Brighthall, if I recall correctly. As for making the maps, I'll be glad to, but why can I not have a map of the Zimtar mountain area?"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:19:04 am by kytuzian »

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: August 13, 2011, 11:23:25 am »

"well you can't have a map of the Zimtar mountain area because you are standing in it, also it would be better for us to not have a map of this place of floating around where anyone can find it"
"really you do? ok pass that list back for a moment"

Spoiler: list updated (click to show/hide)
"There you go"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:25:44 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1897 on: August 13, 2011, 11:58:23 am »

((How long will this map-making take? And will it raise my cartography skill(does that exist)?))

Resigned to some time of making maps, Kytuzian set out with his 6 Raider bodyguard/imprisonment force. At least if I'm attacked, I'll be better defended than with the two guards Kain gave me, though Kytuzian. Though I doubt they'll be willing to protect me with their lives. I doubt I'm that important to these people.

"Before I go, will you tell me who you are? You seem un-Suulian like, and they are the only ones whom I know to live in this mountain?" asked Kytuzian. Probably best not to call them cave people. It seems impolite.

Make map.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:07:24 pm by kytuzian »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: August 13, 2011, 12:49:46 pm »

OOC:
"10. Also the bears are hungry"
I like the Nahk's sense of humor :D

The King's Strategy Room, Mid-Autumn...

"The duties in question would be...simple at best. Hiring servants and overseeing their pay, for the most part. To most outsiders, it would appear to be a token job, a small thank you for some task or other. What forces are used to deal with the traitors will be entirely up to you." Erik replied, arms still clasped behind his back.

The King's Personal Chambers, Mid-Autumn...

The King grimaced at the reply and muttered "Yes...we could have done...without that," in response, his gnarled hand still clenching and unclenching nervously. After a momentary pause, the king grasped up a fire poker with his sword hand, though the fire appeared to be fine, and began poking at the logs. When he was finished, he did not set the poker down, instead keeping an eye on the unduly stoked flames as he issued a simple order, his regal bearing showing through despite his apparent anxiety "Then you will do what needs to be done to...call these spirits. Here and now, so that our forces might see victory over Preston."

In the Southern Eelspine Range, Mid-Autumn...

(The Nahk 2) Your men find no easier way back to the Steppes than the way from which you came. Which is not an "easy" path, per se, but it is not unduly difficult to travel. (4) Your goatherders refuse to show their face in Stonewood, but they're still welcome in Lonemine and are able to gather several novice mapmakers who are looking to make a quick buck. It will cost about a ducat to hire them all. (4) You search through the dead guards. All told, their equipment, along with other personal possessions, account for a ducat's worth of wealth. (1) Your men begin digging graves for the fallen, but your tools strike bedrock, and are subsequently bent out of shape, for the second time this year.

(Kytuzian 2-1) You begin working on a map, but the majority of your parchment has been stained with blood -- mostly your own. You will need to acquire more writing materials somehow before you can continue.

In Suul, Late Autumn...

(Jarl Corv 5) Your men lay a trap on the road, though none are specifically skilled in the act of ambushes. Soon enough, a band of wandering monks, numbering around thirty-five, can be seen just over the bend. (6) The monks, however, are accompanied by a small band of infantry in the service of Suul.

Fight: 6+2 vs 2+1

Your men rush from the sides of the road, though their heavy armor slows them down enough for the infantry to ready their weapons -- preventing this battle from being a true ambush. Nevertheless the hardened men of the Weyland Highlands, led by their ferocious Jarl, are more than enough to overwhelm and slaughter the monk's guard. As your men bicker over the slain monk's garbs, attempting to find the pieces that hide their armor best, you search through the possessions of the fallen. (4) It would appear that the monks were collecting tithes when you ambushed them. They had 2 ducats worth of goods already collected.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:51:55 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: August 13, 2011, 12:55:39 pm »

((And so it begins))
Tearakudo A'Valti
Pirate aboard the Suulian Privateer Sloop "Nalia"

Personal Log:
Word finally reached us that Markan is dead. Markan...guess we should be calling him Chicane now. I don't think many of us honestly thought he'd have been able to succeed his little coup. We were being paid though, and the thought of constant pay was better than throwing the dice each day.

I never liked the man. Seeing as he was apparently a noble, his arrogance is 'justified'. We were truly disposable to him and that really doesn't sit well with me.

Going to need to have a chat with the crew...

Question other members of the crew on their own feelings regarding our sponsor, current captain, and their thoughts on the odds we'll survive the year under the command of Miring forces given their history thus far
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: August 13, 2011, 12:57:30 pm »

((And lo, Terenos' rival had arrived XD))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: August 13, 2011, 12:58:43 pm »

((..So no more sea trips for me.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: August 13, 2011, 01:07:34 pm »

((BWAHAHAHAHA i told him that i wanted to join so i could end his streak of unkillable-ness))
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: August 13, 2011, 01:20:58 pm »

"Would I work to enforce other laws, besides treason? But nonetheless I will accept the position with honor. Thank you. Mi'lord."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1904 on: August 13, 2011, 01:31:11 pm »

Is there a single piece left without blood!, thought Kytuzian, just after he set out to make the maps. Good thing he said he'd provide me with more.

Obtain more parchment, and more ink, and a backup quill. Then continue making the maps.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 188