Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185601 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1905 on: August 13, 2011, 02:04:57 pm »

Trubaldsome sipped his wine more slowly now as he listened, his expression more reflective now. Occasionally he murmured his agreement with some word of Aulon's, nodding his assent. "Yes... Yes, what you say does make sense, indeed. Although I would not say that Miring is such a brilliant kingdom; indeed, my father was never much one for experimentation, despite his strong rule, and my brother, Leuki, well he has run the place into the ground."
He held the cup in one hand, swilling it around.
"Indeed, I would be most grateful to your family for having a hand in restoring Miring to it's former glory- No, not even that; making it better than it has ever been, our families' allegiance would pass down through the ages."
But now his expression became grim, he sat foward a little, and gestured with his cup towards the entrance of the tent, where the two bodyguards could be seen. He indicated first Waery, and then Asate. "As you have no-doubt noticed, I must keep my manservant with me always, and I note you do the same. You and I are not so unalike; we both have enemies, and I can assure you there are many who would oppose my rightful ascension to the throne, looking to line their own pockets..."
He began to shift a little in his chair. The mellowing effects of the wine were fading, and he wished only for the comfort of his own tent, his snuffbox, and perhaps the remnants of the substance Drua had prepared for him.
He did not feel so good; in fact he began to feel rather dreadful as the discussion went on.
"Well, my dear friend yl Marchis, I am afraid I must retire, if you shall excuse me." He rose, a little unsteadily, to his feet, and extended a hand towards Aulon. "Those days of hard riding have taken their toll on me, you see; I am still sadly recovering. I shall look fowards to our next meeting, hm?"

((Please excuse any typing errors, inconsistencies or bits that don't make sense, tired here. :P ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: August 13, 2011, 02:07:15 pm »

((..I vow your death will be swift and fairly entertaining.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: August 13, 2011, 02:08:56 pm »

((Just as long as I get to watch it >:) ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: August 13, 2011, 02:13:02 pm »

((I may not survive long enough to be a threat actually))
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: August 13, 2011, 02:15:17 pm »

OOC:
If the first ever player-character pirate doesn't last long, I will be severely disappointed D:
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: August 13, 2011, 02:35:59 pm »

'Of course, my friend, we will continue later.' Aulon smiled graciously, guiding Trubaldsome out of the tent. He watched the heir to the throne of Miring stumble away with his manservant in tow.

'Well,' yl Marchis said, settling back into his chair, 'that seemed to go very well. Of course, I'll need to find a way to persuade him to have a hundred or so new ships built. Asate, fetch me a messenger. I need to write to father again.'

His bodyguard disappeared into the night, and Aulon sipped his wine, relaxing visibly. He was quite pleased with himself. This backwater would be brought to civilization, and Miring's fleet could be used to increase their House's power on the Coast. Everyone would be happy. Well, as long as Trubaldsome managed to take the throne and escape whatever puppet strings King Erik was preparing. Aulon nodded to himself, making a mental note to mention that in the letter. His father would probably want to take over, though. It was probably for the best. The young lord was already growing weary of all this.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: August 13, 2011, 02:44:12 pm »

((I have to steal the ship somehow, otherwise i start with a regular non-upgraded warship. Which just won't work unless i can hit a few undefended targets to pay for my upgrades. we shall see! a nice combo of diplomacy and a swift kick in someone's ass should work well))
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: August 13, 2011, 03:12:57 pm »

"I shall do so my lord, but you must understand that the spirits are not unlike we mortals. They desire, they are jealous...They want to feel life or it at least it riches...They want blood, corpses, gems, and gold. I will spill my blood here and now lord, but I truly doubt we will accomplish much without a grander sacrifice... In any case your floor will get messy."

<In the language of Oritzteten>

"Servants of the great god;
  controllers of the world;
help us with our foe,
and feast on life itself"

Locanil braced himself for the pain and cut his wrist once again.

<ditto>

"May this lesser blood keep you
 Our foe is Preston, their life is
  fading. Help us in our battle."

With that the war ritual was done. The spirits would hopefully attack Preston in some way, a tidal wave, a flood, an earthquake, perhaps even the spirits descending for war.

"We can only wait now my lord."

Action- Call on the spirits to aid us against Preston. Offer Locanil's blood once again. Scribes continue to work on the commission

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 03:16:09 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: August 13, 2011, 03:20:10 pm »

OOC: Alright, sorry if I've just missed something, but what's going on? Is there no space for new characters, if not then don't worry.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: August 13, 2011, 03:23:59 pm »

OOC: Always room for more nobles/plotters/raiders.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: August 13, 2011, 03:45:24 pm »

OOC:
There's pretty much always room for more people. Right now things have started to quiet down, for the most part. It's a bit of a calm before the storm moment.

There have been strange going-ons in the northern weylands, and a knight-errant has gathered people to the cause of putting an end to them. He's recently returned to Jarl Manskinner's clan badly injured, the only other survivor of their group, a northern Weylander Swordsman, in a similar state -- they brought a mysteriously garbed man and a man with shriveled, blind eyes with them to meet a Doctor from Brighthall, who acts as steward in the Jarl's stead. This is all following a massive conquest of the Weylands by a cunning and terrified man from the Storm Coast who has since come to be known as "The Jarl" or "The Manskinner"

Elbreth wages war with Preston, and Miring has recently fallen under Elbrethian sway -- rumor has it that this is the work of an elite Elbrethian Assassin capable of slaying entire regiments without breaking a sweat. An Elbrethian knight, famed for having slain a demon that was attacking a village in Elbreth, reportedly arrived in Miring with a force of infantry, intent on assisting the Assassin in quelling the populace. Merchants report that Suul is erecting defenses, but for what cause no-one is sure.

In the Eelspine Range, a Marquess brutally punishes traitors while putting out the call for adventurers. In a nearby county of the region, villagers live in fear of marauding Suulian mercenaries, or cave-people from the south who eat naught children depending on who you ask.

Those are just the things an average civilian might have heard rumors of, depending on where they are.

Behind the scenes an Elbrethian King puts aside his morales to insure victory in battle, a vicious Jarl leads his men in impersonating now-dead monks, a pirate plans a mutiny, the son of a merchant prince works to manipulate an heir-apparent, a group of raiders attempt to secure a foothold in an inhospitable region, and a dozen or so other plots are weaved -- many of which I probably don't even know about yet.

So as you can see, there's always room for more people. Because who else will we plot with and against?
Almost any role you can choose to play is going to be filled with excitement, provided you have goals for your character to try and accomplish. I would suggest a knight or noble, if you want to jump right into wars and intrigue. A courtier of some kind is good if you'd rather not find yourself fighting people verbally or physically to accomplish your goals (Locanil has yet to have to stab anybody, figuratively or otherwise, so far). Or any other kind of role, really. I would advise against being an independent, however, if only because you need to get very lucky to accomplish much with it.

I also suggest you skim through the thread a bit to get a feel of what's going on.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: August 13, 2011, 03:51:03 pm »

((Shouldn't the people of the Nearby town also fear me? Heh...Anyway... I'm always hiring new adventurers, Spaghetti.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1917 on: August 13, 2011, 03:54:46 pm »

((Especially seeing as what happened to your latest applicant...))

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: August 13, 2011, 04:05:08 pm »

((Technically Locanil has had to stab somebody and he's done it twice now. Unfortunately it's been himself both times.))
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: August 13, 2011, 04:06:11 pm »

((Whats going(You used past tense it needs to be future tense) to happen to him when he gets back with both my gaurds dead, no lootage, no artifacts, and no information.  #127 is going to look like a vacation.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 188