Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: You aren't Apprentices: Magic Book Discussion [Third Round Monday]  (Read 8859 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Might as well bump. Can we run the contest already, without the people who didn't enter any actions?

Or can we assume the game has met an unfortunate end. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile

Unless the destruction mages have developed a way of recreating lignite in a bin in this game i see no way for my team to getting down to the bottom of the lake - also: still need a replacement for Gig. I already know too much about his plans.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might as well bump. Can we run the contest already, without the people who didn't enter any actions?

I guess we'll have to.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Seeking 1 Replacement] You aren't Apprentices! Second Trial Upset!
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2011, 06:10:57 pm »

And welcome back to the Wizard Trials! The second challenge consists of being the first to arrive at an undisclosed location and the bottom of this lake. The contestants have taken the field, and the Trial is due to begin in just a few short minutes! Let's take a look at the team's strategies.

Team One having hired, or possibly stolen, a rowboat from a local fisherman. They appear to be loading it up with rocks. I am not sure what to make of that from up here.

Team Two appears to have been transformed into turtles somehow. I can only assume that this is intentional, as being a turtle would be extremely useful for this trial.

Team Three appears to have constructed some short of horrific steed, covered with fins, leather wings, scar tissue and the body of what appears to be a bull.

Team Four is, once again, invisible. No suprises there, folks. I do wonder what they have prepared.

Team Five has coated themselves in ashes and appear to be planning something. For the life of me, I can't make out what, though.

And there's the bell! Off they go, with Team One rowing, Team Two swimming and Team Three flying out to seek the prize. Teams Four and Five don't appear to be doing anything, but it could well be that they're simply waiting for the proper time. Ahah! Team Three has already found the right spot! Kingsley lets off a blast of horrific green flame!

Is it raining acid? How?! Team Four's Stiric has been teleported out to the lake! He lands in Team One's boat! Gigonola of Team Five copies him! Slay is now in the boat as well! Unfortunately, the boat is dissolving, and I don't think it could hold four people even if it wasn't. There goes the first wizard! Ochita has fallen off the boat, followed by Slay! Nirur, who was wisely sitting for this part, has-what! Oh my! The boat has snapped in two! All of them are in the water!

Meanwhile, it appears that Carden and Immolatia have been busy! They're nearing the finish line as well! Harley and his horrorstead are closing on them! This is going to be neck and neck! Who will get to the bubble of air down here first? There goes the flag! We have our winners!

Carden Aglaeca and Harley Vanguard are the first two to reach the finish line! They'll have to divide the prize up themselves, I suppose. Between them, they get a copy of the elusive magical tome, "The Nine Barriers" by Soloth the Shrouded.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2011, 06:22:27 pm »

(If anyone needs me, I'll be sulking down in the lake until Carden leaves, tied to rocks. No, no, don't help me. I made proper preparations for not dying.)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2011, 06:33:39 pm »

Kingsley with a grin across his face looks at Immolatia, and says "Well this time its a tie next my team will be the winner, but good job this round next round you won't be as lucky." with that he turns, and walks off. As he nears his study he thinks I would really like to have a duel with my fellow apprentice, but I feel it is not yet the time for that I am not one quick to rush to a possible death.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2011, 06:59:22 pm »

Immolatia, in her turtle form, saw Carden reach the finish line first, and claim the prize, along with Harley. She had not regrets sharing a victory-Harley was a worthy foe, unlike his partner.

She felt a certain detachment from all this though...being an animal, was a dangerously relaxing state, for it was easy to forget your true self, and remain one for longer than you had intended. Perhaps forever.

Keeping careful hold of her personality like one would a torch in a rainstorm, she paddled back to shore, and thought the words of unmaking.

Immolatia felt a cold shudder run up her shell-which was now reforming into her spine. Her skin gradually lost it's reptilian toughness and green hue, and merged into her natural skin tone.

Paddle flippers reformed into hands and feet, and in a moment, she was back to her old self-and as naked as the day she was born. She caught every embarrased half glance and returned it with a smile. Let them ogle, she thought, walking with deliberate slowness to fetch her body length cloak. It would make the day-and their defeat-all the more memorable.

That lout Tarok was crowing, as usual. She promised herself when she won the competition, and if he still lived, she would him stripped of his powers and set to work as her new stable boy-an apt fate.

"It seems your partner is doing most of the work, Kingsley. And most of the thinking, too. Why don't you go hide somewhere while the real Wizards talk trade..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2011, 07:09:02 pm »

Harley sits in the air bubble and lets his head clear before reaching into his pocket and producing a dagger, holding the blade to the binding of the book he turns to Carden and Immolatia and asks "Do you lot want the front half or the back half?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2011, 07:23:21 pm »

Immolatia was willing to accept that, though she was annoyed to see valuable knowledge destroyed.

"I would prefer we study it together, in it's entirety...what good does half a book do either us? I would propose that you and I study together, while our two teammates watch one another for sign of treachery."

"But, if you must feel the need to desecrate priceless tomes based on shared mistrust, we shall take the back...and, do be careful that it is an exact cut, along chapter lines, please?"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2011, 07:44:35 pm »

"Normally I wouldn't have any problem with that idea. But if you and Tarrok come to blows over the study session the book could be burnt. Sliced can be fixed eventually, burnt cannot."

Harely flips the tome open and turns to a page in the middle where it looks like one spell ends and another begins, he raises the blade but stays his hand at the last second. "On the other hand, I don't think there is any bad blood between me and you. Assuming Tarrok doesn't flip his lid over the idea we could study alone together and relay the information to our team afterwards. You can trust me, I would be sorely tempted to stab anyone else in the back, but I am not foolhardy enough to provoke a fire user over a flammable object."

The Green Mage turns to Tarrok "You can deal with her later if you must. But I'd like access to the entirety of the un-scorched book for now, and peaceful interaction is the way to get it."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2011, 08:05:10 pm »

"Then it's agreed. I believe the Apprentice Library would be a neutral spot we can both agree on-let us leave right away.

Our teammates shall follow, and remain together-assuming you trust Tarrok as I do Carden. They can also keep an eye out for our other *mutual* enemies, wouldn't you agree?"

Action: Immloatia agrees to a cram study session with Harley in the apprentice library over the tome, while Carden keeps an eye on Tarrok. Any sign of betrayal means the book gets burned, obviously. Afterwards, the book gets destroyed to keep it from falling the other teams hands.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2011, 08:12:01 pm »

"I don't wish to fight her I hold no grudge against her, but in the end if we have to fight another mage to the death I would rather it be her since if I do die I would like it to be someone who knows me that kills me. Also on the trust part, I trust no one human beigns are to qucik to betray others." Tarok said before walking away.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2011, 08:15:00 pm »

Harley turns to Tarok and grins. "Well, at least you have the correct views on trust in general. As for burning the book afterwards, I have a better idea. Tarok and I can call in demonic traders from another plane, we could send the tome to some multidimensional library in exchange for some additional prize to split between us."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2011, 08:18:07 pm »

"Interesting...if we trust you to do the Demon deal for both of us, do you trust us to hold the book until the time it is needed?"

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2011, 08:56:37 pm »

Clarification:
Are you
A] selling the book to demons,
B] cutting the book in half, or
C] studying the book together?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9