Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: You aren't Apprentices: Magic Book Discussion [Third Round Monday]  (Read 8869 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You aren't Apprentices! First Trial: Hydra Wrangling
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2011, 01:26:56 pm »

Johnfalcon99977 has declined to join, and, thus, replacements are open. Post in thread if you want to replace in. Be sure to write up your own character if you don't want to just use the one Armok made.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still looking for that replacement. Until then, Armok's partner will be playing both people.

Everyone should send me a finalized version of their plans that is labelled as such, so I know what you are doing exactly.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still need finalized action plans from Teams 2 and 4! If you don't send one in, I will be forced to guess.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All of the orders are in. Adjuncating. This is taking longer than expected, seeing as a full 4 teams out of 5 decided to go with the plan of "Screw fighting the hydra, just ambush whoever ends up with the key.", but I should have it done before midnight GMT.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hehehehehehe I think I already know who wins. :P

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile

Clearly whichever team is getting gangbanged right now, amirite?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would be everyone, but the ones fighting the Hydra

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Oh.

Heheh...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello, this is Ampat the Purple, Diviner First Class and your Announcer for the Wizarding Trials, as sponsered by Thay Co. Thay Co. For when you absolutely need something destroyed, call Thay Co.

It's the day of the First Trial and, while teams One and Four are nowhere to be seen, the Archmage assures us that they are ready and at the starting position!

Team Three appears to have brought along a flock of flaming birds, which they claim to all be phoenixes. While I am not entirely sure if that is what a phoenix is supposed to look like, I am forced to admit that, technically speaking, they are flaming quasi-immortal birds.

Team Five meanwhile has brought several bags of raw meat and what appears to be a waterskin. I don't think this is for snacks, ladies and gentleman! Their hydra goes for it, followed by Gigonola the Yellow teleporting a glass jar above one of the beast's heads! It falls! Oooh, it looks angry!

Team Two appears to have brought along a pair of flaming swords, three braziers of fire, a barrel of oil and a goat! In what appears to be a sacrifice to Ignus, God of Flame, Volcanos and Livestock, Immolatia has slit the goat's throat. Now... Why are they pouring lamp oil down its throat? And they're lighting it on fire? Could it be? Yes! They feed the goat to their hydra! It goes for it! Sweet merciful ignus that was an explosion! Hydra parts everywhere! They go for the key!

Intercepted! Teams One and Four are revealed by the splattered blood and flesh of Team Three's hydra! While Team One appears to be casting some sort of dismemberment spell on the hydra, the beast isn't yet down for the count! Meanwhile, Team Four has gone through with what appears to be an invisible apportation play! Brilliant! But not brilliant enough! Here comes the phenonixes! Ohh, that has got to burn!

Team one turns their spells on Tarok! Oh, the horror! I didn't know that legs could do that! It is a very good thing that we have healers standing by, or these kids would be missing more limbs than I care to imagine.

Kingsley goes for a counter! What's he doing? What? Where did all these snakes come from? Ah, get them out of the box! There's snakes all over the field! Oh, sweet saints, they're biting everything!

Slay is sneaking towards the chest! Team five must have gotten their key out in the confusion! No! Quick thinking from Gigonola has gotten the key summoned away from the phoenixes! And Drull summons it back! And now the rest of the lamp oil has gone up! Oh, the humanity!

The snakes appear to have been cleared from the field. The phoenixes have suffered some losses and it looks like they're not immune to poison after all. And it appears that Drull is now on fire. He's dropped the key and now there's a bit of a scuffle... Carden has gotten the key! He goes to the chest... Victory! Team Two has claimed the first prize! A bag of 5000 shiny golden Coins!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I knew I should have made the snakes into Phenoix Snakes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Victory goes to the team who make the biggest explosions. That's about right.

My comments!

Team Three: Good use of the Pheonixes. Should have combined it with something else though, but it was a worthy try.

Team Five: No idea what you were trying to do lol, but you get respect for ingenuity.

Team One and Four: Lol, you guys suck. Blew your stealth advantage on the first trial, too. :P

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We had planned to do an abomination (I Also had my snakess), but it was to complicated, adn would require actual money which we don't have, so I quees we meesed, but don't worry when I fight Immolatia I will be using a true Pheonix just to piss your character off.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

OOC: Hey, in-chracter insults should be in-character, and properly spelled.
-----------------

Immolatia bathed in the glow of victory. It was good feeling. Even better was the fact that her and Carden had figured out the best plan, and got the key first. Tarok was quacking away with vague threats...pretty funny.

'Whenever your ready Tarok. As you can see, I'm the one walking away with the prize today. I'll be waiting when your ready...' She gave him an unpleasant smile and walked off the blood spattered field, bag of gold swinging gently in her left hand. Magestro had watched the whole thing, of course, along with the other wizards. He didn't have to say anything. He just nodded at her. That was all she ever needed.

She could only help but attribute the victory to Cardens quick thinking during the melee, but it was depressing to think that her fellow Mages had so quickly devolved into banditry, though. They would bear watching in the future.

As they walked back the Apprentice commons for a much needed bath in silence, Immolatia felt the need to congratulate her ally.

"Carden, you did good out there...much better than I'd hoped. I think we got a shot at this, what do you think?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

General Note: Powerful wizards generally do not spell magic items or copies of their spellbooks for cash. This is because it is almost always easier to extort the money out of bystanders, collect it as "taxes" from a village under your protection, or, for sufficent power, magic your way into getting whatever it is you desire.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As Immolatia walked away Tarok said "When its just me, and you the end result will be unpleasent, but I already know how it will end, so you can insult me all you want you damn Hag." he then began asking where all his snakes where, and how many of his animals where left alive.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9