Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: You aren't Apprentices: Magic Book Discussion [Third Round Monday]  (Read 8873 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You aren't Apprentices!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 11:56:30 pm »

I just put that down if someone wants to switch go ahead I just don't like multiple choices in this kind of situation, so I choose the first one I saw.

"In the end if we fight each other one of us will die I abandoned emotion long ago, and I already know the outcome if we face in battle, and it is not one I am fond of. Have you already forgot that I have had no feelings since I came here never have never will, but I already know the results of what will happen if we cross in a fight, so I will not accept that offer of yours." with that Kingsley turned, and walked away.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 12:00:19 am »

OOC: You should probably mention in your bio that Kingsley is a psychopath-don't just make stuff that big out of nowhere lol. Sort of boring though, roleplying without emotion. Even Immolatia has some personality. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 12:01:43 am »

There are still 3 slots open, one under Nalglan the Green, one under Malkin the Black and one under Tlaxo the Yellow.

I also assure you that Tlaxo is not as boring as he apparently sounds.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 12:02:15 am »

Well, he was the only one no-one had picked. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 12:02:31 am »

Its just how he acts infront of people he has emotions he just tries to hide them.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 12:02:51 am »

Your name: Harley Vanguard (Human Male)
You mentor's name: Nalglan the Green
Your partner's name: Unknown ATM.

Your backstory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your most valued possession:

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 12:06:53 am »

Wow, Weirdsound, that is a pretty cool backstory. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 12:20:35 am »

OOC: Yeah, Weirdsound's playing a Human who didn't magically revert to being a normal, 'good' person once he was "rescued". No mary sue there.

Since, as a Goblin, Morals would be entirely different thing from a Human, you could'nt even call him willfully evil-he's just living how he was raised to act.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 12:32:55 am »

Your name: Carden Aglaeca
You mentor's name: Malkin the Black
Your partner's name: Immolatia the female human, who's mentor was Magestro the Red.
Your backstory:
Your most valued possession: His mother's golden locket, which hangs from a sterling silver chain, is inlaid with star rubies and contains a small hand-painted portrait of their family from back when Carden was but a wee tot.

It's 1:30am, and I haven't roleplayed in over a year so...be gentle? :D
Also, I may go in later and expand upon the backstory. It's very lacking at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:59:01 am by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 12:44:52 am »

OOC: Our characters could know each other, offhand anyway, with both being former nobility.

I appreciate the irony between our two characters though-the token Carden took from his family is one of compassion, while the token Immolatia took is one of bitterness.

We'd probably make a good team, actually. You want to partner up, thatkid?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 12:57:29 am »

OOC: Our characters could know each other, offhand anyway, with both being former nobility.

I appreciate the irony between our two characters though-the token Carden took from his family is one of compassion, while the token Immolatia took is one of bitterness.

We'd probably make a good team, actually. You want to partner up, thatkid?

OOC: Sure thing!
I imagine our character's partnership will mostly find its strength in rivalry, since they make pretty good foils. It should be interesting.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 12:59:24 am »

Anyone want a spoony bard?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 01:27:34 am »

Immolatia's eyes flash a vivid red as she stares Carden down.

"Listen, I don't like you...and you probably don't like me. But none of us can do this alone. You agree, right?" She pauses to hold the small red crystal around the neck. One can detect a simmering anger in her voice, ready to explode at the slightest provocation...and yet, an iron will holds it in check. A dangerous combination.

"If we're going to win, we have to put aside emotion... Do what we have to do, to win. Maybe even survive. I'm not backing down from this. Are you?"

Immolatia waited for a response. She expected disapproval. Rejection. After all, Carden was everything she was not. Well adjusted. Happy. An unwounded soul.

They both drew power from the respective totems they wore around their necks. Hatred...Kindness. Bitterness...hope. Death...life.

Of all the apprentices, had she not felt a strange kinship with him? A desire to test her true self against his, and see which was better?

Immolatia was intrigued-which would last longer? Her grey, withered heart, a garden full of ashes? Or his bright, hopeful one, overgrowing with plenty?

"I need you...your not like me. Where I am broken, you are whole. My focus is narrow, and yours is wide. Where I am weak, you are strong.

And, you need me...for I will do the things you cannot bring yourself to do. I can spare you from them. I am many things...but I am not a monster, unless I have to be. I will relieve you of the burden of that choice. What do you say?"

The crystal burned. Not physically. It always felt like it was burning, times like this. Yet, Immolatia could never find the strength to remove it. She just twisted it around and around...over, and over again.

twist...twist...twist...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 02:12:50 am »

One slot remaining, for the last student of Tlaxo the Yellow.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 08:39:50 am »

*Several hours later*
See! See!
I told you guys! Tlaxo's like the nerdy kid at the sports tryouts, he's left standing there after everyone picks their teams! No one wants anything to do with him and his yellow magic!!

...Holy **** I can relate to this guy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9