Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: You aren't Apprentices: Magic Book Discussion [Third Round Monday]  (Read 8872 times)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: You aren't Apprentices! [!!1 slot left!!]
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2011, 03:03:53 pm »

Name: Slay
Mentor: Nalglan the Green
Backstory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Priced Possession:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((If a lifestealing sword is too powerful tell me))

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2011, 03:26:38 pm »

OOC: The final apprentice. We can begin. Yay :D
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2011, 03:37:53 pm »

Can I join, or is it too late?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2011, 03:45:52 pm »

Can I join, or is it too late?
OOC:
hachnslay just grabbed the last spot, I believe.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You aren't Apprentices!
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2011, 04:38:31 pm »

@hachnslay: You are allowed to have a cursed sword that you took from a vampire. You are also allowed to think that it has magical powers. This does not mean that the sword actually has magic powers. Specifically, it is unlikely to steal life or give you supernatual powers unless it gets enchanted to do that.

Here are the teams:

Team One
Nirur (Nirur Torir)
Ochita (Ochita)

Team Two
Immolatia (Dwarmin)
Carden Aglaeca (thatkid)

Team Three
Tarok Kingsley (Adwarf)
Harley Vanguard (Weirdsound)

Team Four
Stiric (Bdthemag)
Drull (Yoink)

Team Five
Gigonola (Armok)
Slay (hachnslay)

Messages containing starting spells will be sent out shortly.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2011, 07:27:35 pm »

Keep in mind that, while I am willing to answer questions about how your character thinks that their spells work, and about what your character thinks they need to do to cast a spells they start the game with in as much detail as you request, this information is in character information and is not 100% reliable. It may well be that you don't need the eye of a newt and that any eye will work. If you want to actually learn anything new, you'll need to experiment. You have until monday to propose experiments to do before discovering the nature of the First Trial.

It is possible to discover new spells, but not so easy that all you have to do is ask for them. If it was that easy, you would have done it already. New spells are gained by applying the principles of old spells in new ways, by being taught be someone that already knows how to do what you want to do, or some combination of the two. Feel free to trade spell knowledge if you think you'll benefit by spending your time doing that more than you would doing other things.

E: You are able to acquire small test subjects (ie. lab mice, lizards, etc.) on credit from the Council. You cannot acquire extremely expensive things this way, nor are you generally able to find human test subjects without paying, rewarding or otherwise convincing them to volunteer. Testing that requires that you cut open orphans will prove difficult, for those of you that have suggested it. You monsters.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:03:57 pm by Grek »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2011, 11:37:13 pm »

For reference, you are all currently located in the town of Council Tower in the Forest of Wood. The nearest ocean is over a hundred miles to the south, but there is a large lake to the west in the forest. The town that you are staying is named after the Tower of the Wizard Council at the center of the village. If you have further questions about geography, feel free to ask in the thread.

In other news, we've had our first magical explosion, curtesy of Armok. A small barn is now on fire on the outskirts of town.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2011, 11:41:33 pm »

DO we start now ?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2011, 11:53:59 pm »

DO we start now ?
We have a week both RL and In-game to prepare.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2011, 12:02:06 am »

You have until Monday to do general experiments with your spells, gather magical supplies, spy on everyone else, teach eachother spells and so on and so forth. RL time = Ingame time. I will allow those of you that haven't sent in experiments or actions to retcon your activities for the last two days.

On Monday, I will tell you what the First Trial is. Your plans for how to best the First Trial are due by Friday. You'll have 5 ingame/real life days to figure out those plans.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2011, 01:00:21 am »

I feel like Eye of the Tiger or some cheezy 80s montage music should be playing during this or something.
Also, our characters are standing around holding up vials of magic while wearing lab coats and gesturing to each other while mouthing words as music plays. They occasionally write things down on a clipboard, and by the end of it all each time has learned a little something about themselves and the power of teamwork and friendship<3

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2011, 01:07:25 am »

I feel like Eye of the Tiger or some cheezy 80s montage music should be playing during this or something.
Also, our characters are standing around holding up vials of magic while wearing lab coats and gesturing to each other while mouthing words as music plays. They occasionally write things down on a clipboard, and by the end of it all each time has learned a little something about themselves and the power of teamwork and friendship<3
Or it all results in a bloody mess.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2011, 01:11:31 am »

Ending with a airborne freeze frame high five of course.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2011, 01:17:20 am »

Given that you all haven't set the upper atmosphere on fire (yet) I'd say you deserve high fives.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2011, 09:05:14 am »

Wait, what barn, I explicitly stated "preform the experiment outdoors away from anything to valuable."

Also, Monday is tomorrow not in a week...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9