Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction  (Read 30922 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction
« Reply #375 on: July 29, 2011, 12:46:17 pm »

Boats work fine for the person driving, but every passenger falls through on every cell change - so you can't sail far before everyone falls off. And they can't get back on because they just keep clipping through it. And even if they relog so that they don't clip through it, the ladders don't work.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 29, 2011, 02:36:19 pm »

After outright massacreing the poor Frost Drake, I decided to fight the Frost Wyrm.

And...
Spoiler: OH GOD IT'S EATING ME (click to show/hide)

Anyone still playing this? Haven't seen anyone else on lately. I've been having a bit of fun goofing around solo, but it's more fun with some other people :P
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:41:19 am by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 31, 2011, 08:07:12 am »

i thought they just fixed the boat problem on 7/25?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 31, 2011, 10:54:07 am »

Nope. They said more tweaks to boats to allow them to keep passengers on, but I tried after the patch and they still fall off every cell change.

Their "Fix to some problems with doors" was a total failure too, now doors close instantly when you open them - if you aren't running into the door as you open it you can't get in. Newbies have been having a horrible time trying to get through doors.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:56:08 am by Paul »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 31, 2011, 10:41:24 pm »

doors have been a problem all along the dev cycle. This game has so much potential, but it should also be a case study in mismanaged game development.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 08, 2011, 06:24:32 pm »

Heh, after nearly two weeks of waiting for a big patch after the whole release announcement and expecting the new combat system, they released this:

•Fixed a bug with enchantment damage not being applied correctly, resulting in enchanted weapons doing far too much damage.
•Combat damage messages now display more information such as attacker and the type of damage dealt.
•Fixed a potential server crash bug.
•Fixed a few minor bugs with spells and runes.

That's all they did in 2 weeks? Really?

And they expect the game to be ready for release in another 7 weeks?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 08, 2011, 07:50:06 pm »

I stopped playing when it became apparent this would be another failure running out of the house before it put its pants on. Had enough of that already, thank you very much.

They've got a nice framework for crafters so far but that's about it. The combat is downright regressive and many important skills are still not implemented.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 08, 2011, 09:30:35 pm »

If it has "a nice framework for crafting", why not retool the entire MMORPG to be just about crafting? It would be new and unique after all, and some people really do like crafting.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 10, 2011, 12:35:18 am »

Gonna try this game out. Is it permadeath or can you respawn?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 10, 2011, 06:04:33 pm »

Gonna try this game out. Is it permadeath or can you respawn?

You respawn with only newbie items (or completely naked if you got rid of them already). Since pvp is still disabled, you can always run back to your corpse and loot it without fear of losing anything though. I tried killing the frost wyrm naked once to see how much my armor was helping me survive, died in a couple seconds - was able to run right back and get everything, even though I had to run halfway across the world to get back.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 10, 2011, 06:09:46 pm »

You guys can't give up on this game. It is one of those that sounds awesome enough that I enjoy reading about it but plays so terribly I would never install it.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 10, 2011, 06:16:14 pm »

You guys can't give up on this game. It is one of those that sounds awesome enough that I enjoy reading about it but plays so terribly I would never install it.

I haven't played it in a while, just answering a question :)

But I wouldn't call it terrible, just unfinished. It needs another year+ of development.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 10, 2011, 06:30:40 pm »

And it's not like we're giving up on it, it's just that it's supposed to go live soon(far, far, too soon), which would require us to pay for it, and most of us can't/won't pay for a game like this, especially in its current state.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 10, 2011, 08:42:27 pm »

Downloading now, to check it out. But from the sound of things, they're on course to release it far too early, so I might not get too involved.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 10, 2011, 08:42:56 pm »

Yeah, it's just not close to being done. Too many things are still half-baked.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27