Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction  (Read 30928 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction
« Reply #345 on: July 17, 2011, 03:03:55 am »

Characters:
Nivomu - Miner, Lumberjack, Mason, Carpenter, Tool Smith (last two skills undecided)

I tried inviting you but it seems you already joined another faction.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 17, 2011, 12:15:12 pm »

Yeah I did as temporary labor...they were paying me 1k per 200 logs I got them and also pretty good price for iron. Send me a tell next time so I know your trying to connect with me.

Whats the easiest way to make contact IG?

Characters:
Nivomu - Miner, Lumberjack, Mason, Carpenter, Tool/Weapon/Armor Smith <== picked my skills, likely wont have an alt for some time
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:32:05 pm by dennislp3 »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #347 on: July 17, 2011, 02:22:32 pm »

The money in game is largely useless unless you're using ink and paper (ship or building design), as thats the only useful resource you can buy.

I've seen wood go for as much as 10c each when people want it. Some people have ridiculous amounts of money, one guy said he had 1.9 million the other day. I personally have like 40k just from crafting junk for skill gain with no real attempt at making money.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 17, 2011, 02:28:29 pm »

That's one reason I didn't like how they changed aquiring recipes. Before, you had to buy them, so you had something to actually work towards. Sure, in the end, once you had them all, there wasn't any point to money anymore, but even so, you still had to earn it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 17, 2011, 02:49:20 pm »

They could just add npcs selling basic resources (copper ingots, juniper timber, linen, etc - maybe even bronze and spruce and wool). Would give more value to money and add a bigger cash sink. You'd still be required to go out and collect the higher end resources to gain skills beyond a certain point, but for people working on low end skills or even mastering a specific item (say by making 1000 copper greataxes for greataxe making proficiency) would have a way to dump money for basic resources.

I just examined the diff weapon types for damage/delay. Was kind of surprising, and may explain the prevalence of axes.

All the 1h weapons are the same. At basic 1.0 quality the damage is exactly 1/2 the delay (0.5). The short blades are fast at 3, 4, 5 damage. 1h long blades are a bit slower at 5 and 6. Battleaxe is same as longsword at 6. Hammers have the same 5 and 6 of long blades with a slower 1h flail for 7.

The 2h weapons differ wildly. Two handed axe is 12 dmg, 14 delay (0.86), Greataxe is 14 dmg 18 delay (0.78), Greathammer is 14 dmg 20 delay (0.7), Greatsword is 12 dmg 18 delay (0.67), Halberd is 10 damage 15 delay (0.67), and Two handes sword is 10 damage 17 delay (0.59).

For the 1h weapons it doesn't really matter and would just depend on the special attacks (anyone have info on what the diff ones do?), but for 2h the axes are surprisingly better than all the rest. I guess the others might make up for it in useful styles, but I know for sure the axe gets a good one (too good atm with the bug, but even if it was just double attack speed as apparently intended thats still huge, although it does lower your armor I think).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:03:33 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 17, 2011, 07:45:27 pm »

I just got a couple K to ensure I could buy whatever starting tools and goods I needed...seems to have worked out for me pretty good so far...now I am just upping my skills so that I am useful lol

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 17, 2011, 10:30:27 pm »

Still mainly needing crafters, or is there room for more killy people? (I might do crafting, but prefer slaying stuff usually.)

?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 17, 2011, 10:39:03 pm »

Still mainly needing crafters, or is there room for more killy people? (I might do crafting, but prefer slaying stuff usually.)

?

There is always room for crafters, or at least gatherers. Just do whatever you feel is more enjoyable.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 17, 2011, 11:39:00 pm »

?

become troll killing machine supply hide to faction then become wyrn hunter.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 19, 2011, 12:12:26 am »

Yo guys what's up.

As you've noticed I haven't been on in a while.
There's some stuff happening RL and I need to get ready to a lot more, so I won't be playing much for the time being.

I'll join the game soon and get Paul and Glowcat as Leaders, so they will probably be able to make ranks and stuff.
I'll also give you guys the deed for the bastion so you can do this if you have the materials.

Sorry for disappearing, I just didn't stay more than 2 hours at home these last few days.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 19, 2011, 09:15:11 am »

EDIT: With Paul and I's stocks we're short a mere 2.5k stone, 2000 planks, and the support beams.

Those support beams are the hardest part, as none of us have Carpentry high enough to make them.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:19:53 am by Glowcat »

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #356 on: July 19, 2011, 11:40:19 am »

This game looks very interesting. I may have to give it a try sometime.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 19, 2011, 11:46:21 am »

I thought the foundations would be the hard part, so I spent my time getting masonry and doing all the stone mining and such to get the skill high enough, then it turns out that none of our carpenters are high enough for the support beams. Slackers :P

Did the server just go down? I wasnt watching global, just got both my clients disconnected. Heres hoping its a patch instead of a crash :)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 19, 2011, 11:50:04 am »

Did the server just go down? I wasnt watching global, just got both my clients disconnected. Heres hoping its a patch instead of a crash :)

IRC claims it's down. At least it's not just you or me anyway.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 19, 2011, 01:07:02 pm »

Paul and Glowcat are new subleaders (have all powers of Leader).

They will rule with an iron fist and turn you all into their slaves, wherein my leadership was always full of love and booze.

bwhaha
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27