Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction  (Read 30920 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction
« Reply #360 on: July 19, 2011, 03:14:06 pm »

We're tyrannically doing menial labor atm.

Stone is just short of done (~1000 left).
What we need is wood. Lots of wood.

Go out and infuriate those elves!
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #361 on: July 19, 2011, 05:15:19 pm »

Muahahaha, I'm mixing all the mortar myself, no mixing jobs for you! All the menial labor tasks are mine!

Oh, by the way, all the spots on West Vynn are in the Kingdom of Vynn. Could've sworn I saw unclaimed territory out there before, but I ran through there today and its nothing but Kingdom of Vynn.

I explored the entire world and found plenty of caves, every one of which either has a bastion on it (mostly from the same couple of factions) or isn't in unclaimed territory. So we'll have to plop ours down somewhere without a mine. Glowcat was thinking the coast to the north of the spider mine on south vynn, and that sounds alright to me. Anyone else have thoughts/opinions?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:22:34 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 19, 2011, 05:54:58 pm »

I was hoping we could pull off getting an island...would be so much better to work with defensively and what not...but then again being forced to create a fortress of untold spender isn't that bad of a thought =P

I think the Bastion inside mines thing is NOT supposed to be possible (but hey its a Beta...what can one expect)

I am currently focusing on trying to get Carpentry up as well...so I might not be able to gather to much wood (since I will use it to up my skill in carpentry)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:59:04 pm by dennislp3 »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #363 on: July 20, 2011, 02:50:02 am »

we could build catapults (if there are) and battering rams, and then proceed to conquer the other factions settlements. (heck, if it's not implemented, say to the admin to implent it!)
wouldn't it be nice? *_*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 20, 2011, 02:55:57 am »

we could build catapults (if there are) and battering rams, and then proceed to conquer the other factions settlements. (heck, if it's not implemented, say to the admin to implent it!)
wouldn't it be nice? *_*

Yes, but *NOT IMPLEMENTED* seems to be a running theme in Dawntide.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #365 on: July 20, 2011, 03:24:03 am »

wouldn't it be nice? *_*

Yes, but *NOT IMPLEMENTED* seems to be a running theme in Dawntide.

hmm...wait, i've got a brilliant idea! let grab a couple of mines who are untaken and build walls around them! it won't be a bastion, but it will be a sort of a fort. And we will keep them for us, so the enemies can't grab them with their forts.
can they?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 21, 2011, 10:44:43 pm »

hmm...wait, i've got a brilliant idea! let grab a couple of mines who are untaken and build walls around them! it won't be a bastion, but it will be a sort of a fort. And we will keep them for us, so the enemies can't grab them with their forts.
can they?

Don't think any sort of walls are implemented yet, there are no untaken mines, and even if there were walls if we built them without a bastion someone could build a bastion and claim them.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Maric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 22, 2011, 11:25:39 am »

If anyone asks for or about me in game pretend not to know who I am unless they are buying something off me.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 22, 2011, 11:54:28 pm »

lol, you're getting somewhat of a bad reputation with all the trolling you've been doing.

Hilarious trolling, that thing with Lego had me laughing out loud the way he seemed to believe everything you told him, but still :P.

I just killed a Hill Giant. Made some gloves.

Giant Studded Gloves.

I'm not sure if they're really large, or studded with giants.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:41:52 pm by Paul »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 28, 2011, 06:22:23 pm »

Soooo apperently they're trying to release it on October 1st officially, and with a 10 day trial before subscribing..

Yah it's not looking good if this is what they consider their game being in complete polished working order.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 28, 2011, 07:44:24 pm »

Seriously? This game needs at least 6 months more work to be considered releasable.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 28, 2011, 08:17:07 pm »

Double incredulous "seriously"?

This game is nowhere near ready for release.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 28, 2011, 10:03:32 pm »

Seriously? This game needs at least 1yr+6 months more work to be considered releasable.

better given thier speed.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 29, 2011, 11:03:16 am »

Yea, unless they seriously increase patching the game will be nowhere near release by October.

They haven't finalized combat yet. They'll need time to not only implement it but take time to have it tested in pvp.
They haven't even got boats holding passengers without falling through yet.
They haven't implemented all their races, only two - and one of the two doesn't even have proper customization options.
They haven't fixed the attribute system yet (which is vital for a release...). The way you build a proper character now is ass backwards, having to select skills you don't want just so you get the attributes you do want maxed.
And worst of all, they haven't touched on any kind of siege system yet, and they don't even plan to. That's reserved for the future. How is a game based on faction warfare going to release without an actual faction warfare system?

But maybe they plan on working overtime from now till then on getting this stuff working? Half the stuff on their roadmap listed as for release isn't working yet, so for them to release with it they'd have to fix it all. Will they even manage to get all that done? I hope so, or at least delay it if they don't.

My hopes for this game have taken a dramatic dip, but I still really hope they succeed. Every sandbox game like this that fails just means less chance of more of the same type being made in the future. People might start to go "Sandbox? That never works, lets make another generic fantasy treadmill."

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 29, 2011, 12:23:25 pm »

I remember playing this game 6 months ago and thinking "This will be in developement another year then go vaporware." That is crazy that they expect to be ready in a couple more months.

As for falling through boats and stuff, EQ and WoW had those problems a long time after release, and I remember in Vanguard you would die when you hit a zone wall some times.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27