Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction  (Read 30924 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile

In the old thread I revived, we started talking about making a new faction.
There's also some info about the game there, but mostly 2010 stuff. (Here)
For information, registration and download, go to the game's website.
The game is free to play, with currently no item mall and similars.
---
This thread is to recruit and inform fellow dwarves into our Dawntide Faction:
Duthnuronol Dwarves

NEW PLAYER Small Help Guide. (Below)
DFC Teamspeak Server:  IP: 24.4.163.174 Pass: (ask via PM)

Current Faction Status and Important Messages:
Active
Why I (Gabeux) will be less Active from now on

Nice Memberlist by Neyvn
Spoiler:  Leader List: (click to show/hide)

Current Missions / Goals:
Recruit Dwarves! - Come in and help out! It's getting FUN!nier everyday.
Train your skills! - Crafting with low skill leads to HUGE wastage of resources and time. Instead of crafting what you want, craft what you need to get EXP.
Build Boats! - Before exploring for a place to build and settle, we need to build our transports. This will be our first achievement: The Dwarven Navy. [???] --> Our first boat was built! Click here for the post.
Help Train our Architect! - I need money to buy inkwells and train architecture, so we can get our deeds for the fortress ready. After it, all we'll need are the materials to build them. (Posted about it here)
Get Ready for the Settlement!: With the help of the member's money, I managed to get enough Architecture skill to make a Bastion (control building deed). We'll need a lot of resources to accomplish the goal of actually BUILDING it. Click here to read more.

Needing Gatherers for:
Lumberjacking, Mining, Herbalist, Any of those are very welcome.
Needing Crafters for:
Masonry, Pottery, Carpentry, 1 Armorsmith, we have some but we can use more. Feel free to choose other crafts, too.

I will try to keep this up to date, if I fail I'll put a warning here.
Use /tell [player] on the game chat to send a message to one of the leaders so we can meet in-game and invite you.
You're free to choose your profession, but I'll update what we need here so new players know where to help.
UPDATED stuff will be red.
About Professions and Skills: Everyone is free to choose any skills and have the chars they want, the Crafting|Gathering skills listed above are the "main" activities of the players.

Current Message: I started playing on 4th july, and our faction was created on 5th july, so there's no EPIKUR GEAR available yet.
Come in, try the game, and let's sail, find some dwarvish place and build a fortress there. Then we can start our sacrifices for the blood god.

Map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:05:51 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Grantyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 05:32:42 pm »

Hey' downloading now. Looks interesting.

Edit: My internet connection's kinda suckish, so I'm not positive how long the updates will take or when I'll be able to play. But I'll try and be active.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 05:34:46 pm by Grantyman »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 06:37:14 pm »

I might join up if other people have revived this. Let the dwarven building begin!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 06:43:22 pm »

== POST COMPLETELY EDITED FOR RE-USE==
-- Starting player Help Guide --
The game is not very 'caring' to new players, so you should count on Faction chat, forums or Global chat for help & Advice.
Please [at least] read the Tips section below. Everyone ask about those, so'll leave the answers here.

New Character Advice: The game is about the interdependence of professions.
You can play solo but that'll take A LOT of work...I mean, 5 different characters worth of work.

To get the hang of the game and the surroundings, make your first character a warrior/mage type.
There's a 700 skill points cap, that means you can max out 7 skills in a char (maximum skill level = 100)
You can pick 5 starting skills during character creation, which start at 20 and give you starting gear for that skill.

For Warriors, pick : WeaponSkill/ArmorSkill/Block/Skinning at least.
For 'Warmages', pick : WeaponSkill/ArmorSkill/Sorcery/Sorcery/Skinning (Sorcery = A magic school of your choice)
For Mages, pick : Polearms/Sorcery/Sorcery/Spellcrafting/Skinning
For Archers (not recommended), pick : WeaponSkill/Marksman/ArmorSkill/Skinning at least.

Character Guidelines:
- Don't pick lots of crafting or gathering skills for your main character. Make another character(s) for gathering and crafting.
- It's normal to delete characters and remake them. I did this at least 6 times. Don't get frustrated, read this guide and ask for help and you'll be happy soon enough.
- A good Magic school for all classes is Preservation: They provide healing and buffs that help you take on tougher mobs early. This takes 2 skills, Preservation and Spellcrafting, so choose wisely.
- If you're going mage, don't pick Medium/Heavy Armor, because they lower your focus a LOT. (Focus raise/lowers mana consumption)
- You can pick Light Armor for some protection, or no armor for maximum focus.
- Spellcrafting is a skill that increases focus and helps lowering mana consumption. No need to pick at start since it trains quickly, only if you're going to be a Pure Mage.
- Tactics is a skill that help you gaining points in Speed, Force, Balance battle system, and trains as you fight. No need to pick it as starting skill.
- Why to get skinning: You'll be making money by selling what you skin to the market, or help cooks/fletchers/others with what you skin.
- How to raise attributes: Attributes level up as you gain experience in the professions they are connected to. STR and CON can be gained by lumberjacking and mining, for example. IIRC, Skinning raises Dexterity.

Crafting:
- Crafting char advice: You can combine gathering and crafting. Lumberjack/Carpenter, Mining/Masonry, Herbalist/Tailor.
- Remember that if everyone picks the same crafting skills, we'll have a ton of low-level crafters later on. Pick your main crafting activity something that's not crowded.  *For the future*
- If you still wish to get something that a lot of people are doing, at least do it as a side activity (leave faction resources for official-faction crafters, otherwise we won't have cool gear) *For the future*

Tips:
- You start on Starter Town, at the Starter Island.
- There is a Mine to the EAST, Farms to the WEST and Trees to the NORTH of Town.
- Use the 'h' help panel (in-game) for some help topics. Many things are outdated, but there's good info in there.
- C for Character Window, T for Skill Window, Y for Faction Window, P for Skills Window.
- There's a market, a bank, a skill trainer, spell trainer, and some shops in town.
Market: Buy Starter Gear Here. Only Trader Ergol buy your stuff.
Bank: Leave your unused stuff here, or store things to help on our Faction Goals above.
Skill Trainer: You can buy techniques to use in combat if you met the skill level requirement. He's at the Tower, at the market.
Spell Trainer: You can buy First Circle spells here. He's in front of the hut, after the bridge.
Shops: There's an Inn that sells food and drinks, and a shop that sells Picks, Shovels and other stuff. Look out for it.
- The Kiln and Forge are both near the bank.
- You learn Crafting recipes by getting higher skill levels. There are no "Recipe Sellers".
- There are two chat consoles. The last tab of the right one is the Private chat tab, use it to contact us for an invite using /tell Playername.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 01:53:37 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 06:43:40 pm »

Welcome to the Playerlist.
Please note that I myself am only adding at max 2 Alt characters. I feel personally that if someone has 10 Alts that can do everything at once, whats the point of you being in the Faction? 2 Alts can give you something to do when for example you Fill the Main's seven skills to 1000Exp or so while if one of those Alts is attached to a second account (multiboxing. Shhhush) you can play the two together...

Please try and remember that this is an MMORPG, you are playing it with others and we are hear to help one another...

Code: (Player List ::) [Select]
------NAME------ | ----USERNAME---- | ----MAIN/ALT--- | ------RANK------ |------SKILLS------
Gabe             | Gabeux           | Main            | Leader           |  Longsword - Heavy Amour - Tactics - Preservation - Spellcrafting - Skinning
Ninna            | Gabeux           | Alt             | Leader           |  Lumberjack - Polearms - Preservation - Alteration - Spellcraft - Elementalism - Light Armour
Karvi            | Gabeux           | Alt             | Leader           |  Carpentry - Mason - Toolsmith - Architect - Shipwright - Unknown - Unknown
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terezi           | Glowcat         | Main             | Duke             | Axe - Tactics - Alteration - Elementalism - Spell Mastery - Skinning - Light Armour
Glory            | Glowcat         | Alt              | Duke             | Mining - Medium Armour - Maces - Block - Tactics - Hiding - Stealth
Geni             | Glowcat         | Alt              | Duke             | Herbalism - Leatherworking - Tailoring - Alchemy - Hiding - Stealth - Unknown
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cian             | Paul            | Main             | Captain          | Preservation - Alteration - Spellcraft - Elemetalism - Magic Resistance - Martial Arts - Unknown
Sticks           | Paul            | Alt              | Captain          | Lumberjacking - Mining - Carpentry (JoT) - Enchanting - Weaponsmithing - Toolsmithing
Stones           | Paul            | Alt              | Captain          | Pottery - Masonry - Jewelcrafting - Mining - Unknown - Unknown - Unknown
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neyvn            | Neyvn           | Main             | Lieutenant       | Marksmanship - Fletching - Skinning - Lumberjacking - Weaponsmithing - Alchemy - Leatherworking
Nanothnir        | Neyvn           | Alt              | Lieutenant       | Mining - Herbalism - Masonry - Carpentry - Toolsmithing - Tailoring - Cooking
Morul            | Neyvn           | Alt              | Lieutenant       | Unused
Wortan           | Lord Inquisitor | Main             | Lieutenant       | Mining - Lumberjacking - Armoursmith - Weaponsmith - Skinning  - Unknown - Unknown
Cook             | Lord Inquisitor | Alt              | Lieutenant       | Mining - Cooking - Skinning - Fletching - Heavy Armour - Axe
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maric            | Maric           | Main             | Dwarf            | Necromancy - Spellcraft - Longsword - Heavy Armour - Mining - Armoursmith - Skinning
Nashan           | NightS          | Main             | Dwarf            | Lumberjacking - Carpenter - Axes - Medium Armour - Shields - Unknown - Unknown
Litastolothisdur | QuakeIV         | Main             | Dwarf            | Unknown - Unknown - Unknown - Unknown - Unknown - Unknown - Unknown

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:50:25 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 06:53:42 pm »

Well I'm playing, and Light was with me.
Unfortunately we're doing a fresh start, so I can't provide you with equipment.
But once we get organized and producing, we can trade stuff between ourselves.

IIRC Light Forger is a Weapon Smith.
I don't have any plans to specialize in something, but I got a char that I will use to (try) to make boats, buildings, carpentry, masonry some other stuff.
But with so many stuff to do, it'll just fill the gaps until more people come to specialize in those areas.

Anyway: It's too early, but once you guys pick your resource and production professions (and I suggest making a gatherer char and a crafter char), I can edit the post so we have a more varied fortress...
I mean, Expedition Team.
Ops, wrong game.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 06:57:45 pm »

I'll go gather then... ^_^
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 07:00:48 pm »

I'll post the Light Forger example since I'm the Gap Filler for now ahaha

>>> Edited the main post with our Crafting and Gathering Skills
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 07:06:06 pm by Gabeux »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 07:04:17 pm »

I'll join soonish I'm going to be a warrior type character, does this game have races? If so I assume were all dwarfs.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 07:05:46 pm »

This sounds a lot like UO... is it?? Please god tell me that this is a 3D UO and I'd be joining pretty quick.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 07:08:51 pm »

I'll join soonish I'm going to be a warrior type character, does this game have races? If so I assume were all dwarfs.

The game has only 2 human 'races'. But we're Dwarfs by heart muahaha

This sounds a lot like UO... is it?? Please god tell me that this is a 3D UO and I'd be joining pretty quick.

I never played UO much, but there's gathering, there's combat, magic, boats and building.
I've not yet explored the game much so I can't say how similar it is, but if you like sandbox games it's worth trying.

I for one, must say that I hate grinding. But I've just gathered a lot of wood to get lumberjacking exp and SOMEHOW had fun with it.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 07:13:26 pm »

Man I downloaded it, installed it and updated it, and then it tells me I can't run it...
*poker face*
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 07:18:29 pm »

Another thing I must point out is the experience/skill levelling system.
It's different from what I've seen, it mixes both the usual grind (keep reading) but also adds the "skills grow over time" system.

Spoiler: The skill window (click to show/hide)

See the lumberjack exp bar there? It's not a 'level up bar'.
When you use the skill, you fill that bar depending on the difficulty of what you do/craft.
Your skills slowly progress in 0.1 increments when using them, but that bar keeps filling.
Over time, the exp will be converted into skill gain, so even if you're offline (or using another char) you're levelling up.

In the help panel it says it takes 16 hours to convert 1000xp into skill gain, but I'm not sure.
However, it's cool because if you want to play more casually, you can login, fill the bar of your chosen skills and you're done.
Not sure how it is on higher levels though, but I'm happy with the system for now.

--> By the way, my english is very poor these days, if I express myself in some weird way...I apologise.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 07:22:08 pm by Gabeux »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 07:19:52 pm »

Man I downloaded it, installed it and updated it, and then it tells me I can't run it...
*poker face*

Can't run it? Why, your hardware can't handle, or is it some weird error message?
Try contacting the devs or posting on their forums.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 07:24:49 pm »

*poker face*

Can't run it? Why, your hardware can't handle, or is it some weird error message?
Try contacting the devs or posting on their forums.
Shader 3.0 :I
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27