Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16581 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Prelude Turn 1 + Submit Character Sheets)
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2011, 02:59:58 pm »

(Yeah. They will all go in the OOC post when I get around to making it.)

Most of the weapons are forged from Iron and appear completely mundane. Kriegaxt notices however a large bardiche with a blade of gold. Runes on the blade indicate that it may have magical properties. There are likely even more weapons buried in the bottom of the cart.

"Oh." Says the halfling. "You don't want those. Most of those are crap weapons I trade to the sea people. The salt water wears them down quickly so they have to come back and buy more."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2011, 03:06:25 pm »

"'Sea people?' What are they?"

"He said they trade these weapons with some sort of sea people. I dearly hope they're not sea elves. I didn't come all this way just so we could run into another race like the Portuguese."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2011, 03:12:12 pm »

"Amourux Greenscale has been leading the local Merfolk and Coneshellmen populations to war with lies and exaggerations. Traders like me supplies both sides with weapons in exchange for underwater plants, animals, and minerals with magical properties. Amourux says he is only doing it so we can give him more tribute, but lots of us folk think he actually cares about the Town of Brightdale." The halfling says with a sly grin.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2011, 03:13:00 pm »

"This may be worth something...let me see if I can decipher these runes." Kriegaxt says to no one.

Action: Use Arcane Runespeak to try and translate the writing on the Bardiche
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2011, 03:16:08 pm »

"Who is Amourux Greenscale, exactly?"

(OOC: lets just assume I automatically translate everything the halfling says from now on.)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2011, 03:27:43 pm »

"She a green dragon. Older than the most of the humanoid races of the world. She used to be a terrible shadow over these lands, but ever since the governor died 10 years ago Amourux has kind of become the defacto leader. She has picked up a bad habit of killing and eating any replacement governors the capital sends our way, as well as any warding off any military threats we may face." The Halfling says.

"Most of the citizens, stuck up self righteous elves that they are, claim to hate her guts. Us of the merchant caste however recognize Amourux as a powerful guardian and ally." The halfling smirks, waiting to see how the stranger reacts to the insult against his kind.

Kriegaxt deciphers one of the runes. It seems to declare that the weapon should have a sharpness uncharacteristic of the gold it is made out of. The rest of the runes are either faded or buried under other weapons.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2011, 03:51:37 pm »

"So you have a capital and governors? I didn't think your people would be capable of creating such civilization yourself."
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2011, 04:35:23 pm »

The halfling blushes and looks ashamed. "Well the ruling class and most of the Citizens are Bright Elves. Us smaller folk just find work and citizenship as merchants."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2011, 05:49:43 pm »

"What an interesting social dynamic. I wonder, would it be possible for us to visit this capital of which you speak?"
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »

The halfing shrugs. "They don't turn anybody away except for invading armies, but it is a 10-11 day walk from here. Now then are we going to just stick around and keep bugging me with stupid questions that anybody could answer?"

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2011, 07:00:25 pm »

"Oh, right. We need to speak with some who has authority in this town to request permission to build a dock."
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2011, 07:14:17 pm »

The Halfling shakes his head. "Well. We have no governor at the moment. The closest thing we have to a leader is Amourux Greenscale, and 2/3rds of the population will flatly deny that she has any authority whatsoever. She was in town when I left a couple hours ago. If you get up the pass quickly you might get to see her before she heads back to her lair."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2011, 07:21:54 pm »

"Amourux Greenscale..? Hmm. Is she a green dragon, or something like that?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2011, 07:32:12 pm »

"So the only one with any sort of authority in this town is a dragon? Do you have some sort of unofficial leader, someone who settles internal disputes?"

"Amourux Greenscale..? Hmm. Is she a green dragon, or something like that?"

"What? I'm pretty sure I already said she was a dragon. I don't know for sure if she's green, although, given the moniker, it's probably a reasonable assumption. Does it really even matter what color she is?"
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2011, 07:56:50 pm »

"Well, us small folk turn to my father Kumar. He is the head of the local merchants guild in town." He says beaming proudly. "The elves are always asking advice of the Holy Woman Mayta. Mayta doesn't deal in secular matters though..."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24