Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16573 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Prelude Turn 1 + Submit Character Sheets)
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2011, 01:59:30 pm »

"Fernando, your learned in ancient common-if we're lucky that may be a trade language here. Tell him "hello"!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2011, 02:02:58 pm »

Peter thought for a moment. Halflings were French, and he knew a little. Might as well try it! "Bonjour, mon nom est Peter. Pouvez-vous me comprendre?" he asked, hesitating a bit as he tried to remember exactly how the question should be phrased.

If the translator mangled that, it would actually be somewhat appropriate. xP
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2011, 02:05:12 pm »

Italian :-I
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2011, 02:06:36 pm »

"Greetings, halflings. We have journeyed across the sea to visit your land. We come in peace. Please, take us to your leader," Juan says in ancient common.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2011, 02:08:06 pm »

The Halfling gives Juan a strange look, before answering Peter in some strange Latin based language. All the Latin, Italian, Spanish, and French speakers huddle and quickly piece together his words.

"Hello Peter, what dialect are you speaking? And how did your boat get past those wooden monsters off shore?"

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2011, 02:27:52 pm »

(OOC: By the way, just so everyone knows, the way Spanish names is, well, sort of complicated, but Juan is my first name; Fernando and Manuel are part of the first name but not always said when addressing me (It's kind of like a middle name except that it's not. I'm not exactly sure what the difference is, but wikipedia said that it's not a middle name.) Then you have de (meaning "of") Suárez (my father's father's surname) y ("and") Góngora (my mother's father's surname) del ("of the") Castillo (a place name). So, anyway, if you want to formally address my character, you'd call him Suárez, or maybe Don Suárez, though I'm not quite sure if my character is entitled to have people use that honorific, let's just say he is.)

"We traveled inside the belly of one of those wooden monsters. Do not worry; they are perfectly tame," he says in as close to their language as he can manage.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2011, 02:29:34 pm »

Italian :-I

The Halflings originated from Italy, true, but it's not unreasonable to assume at least some of them followed Napoleon and speak French and whatnot, and that these are the only ones Peter would have encountered, being a soldier and all. >.>

Peter decided to let Suárez do the talking. It sounded like he was speaking their language anyway, and if anything important was going on he'd let the rest of them know. For now he observed their surroundings.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2011, 02:30:52 pm »

((ooc: hey people, I see you'rr very active tonight. I can't join you, though, as it's Midsummer Eve over here and I have to spend time with my family.
Run my character for now, would you, Weirdsound? I would appreciate it. Can't have the "leader" being silent ;) ))
Love, scriver~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2011, 02:33:05 pm »

((Being the curious person that I am, I clicked to see what timezone you were in. ^^; So, happy birthday. :3))

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2011, 02:36:50 pm »

Martin dosent care for the halfling, goes to the cart and in english to the group, "Ask him where these weapons are for."
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2011, 02:38:31 pm »

(OOC: I suppose I should be acting more as a translator than simply saying whatever my character would want to say. I mean, I could still just say whatever I want, but I could make people think I'm saying what they want me to say.)

"We mean you no harm and only wish you peace. Please lower your weapons and take us to your leader." Said in the hafling's tongue.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 02:41:45 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2011, 02:44:16 pm »

The halfling doubletakes and looks slightly angry. "You brought them here? They have the whole town freaked out. I'm the only one with the courage to come down the the beach, but I think the monsters frightened off my clients. And I am unarmed, don't think I could even wield anything in my inventory."

Lord Edwyn leans over and whispers into Juan's ear. "You negotiate with this Halfling. My throat is quite hoarse this morning. Nothing a spot of tea wont clear up."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2011, 02:47:47 pm »

"I'd like to examine these...uh!"

Action: Kriegaxt uses Appraisal skill on the weaponry in the cart

OOC:Weirdsound, can you gather all the character sheets into one place, maybe the beginning, or the OOC post?
I'm jumping around the thread, trying to find everyone.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2011, 02:49:10 pm »

Peter raised an eyebrow and stood at ease, his arms behind his back. Wonder what he said. The halfling doesn't look too pleased about it. Still, this wasn't his kind of situation, and he waited to see how the conversation would go.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2011, 02:53:28 pm »

(OOC: Whoops. I guess I didn't read the part about the halfling very closely and for some reason thought we had a bunch of angry halflings wielding spears pointed at us.)

"Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say, 'where are these weapons going, I wonder? they seem to big for one such as yourself.' I'm sorry about the monsters. They will not harm any of your people. If need be, we can move them away."

To the group he says. " The halflings were scared by our ships, and, apparently, this man was taking these weapons to meet with a client of some sort who was also frightened by our arrival."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 02:56:26 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24