Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16575 times)

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Starting Character Creation Now!)
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2011, 10:32:23 am »

(I forgot to put the money in my inventory.)

Spoiler: Richard Peel- Bio (click to show/hide)
Hitpoints:12/12
Carrying Capacity:87.68/94
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skill Points (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Richard continued throwing up.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Prelude Turn 1 + Submit Character Sheets)
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2011, 12:03:14 pm »

I just realized I needed smoking pipe. Added and adjusted load to match.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2011, 12:23:43 pm »

(That is everybody correct?)

The Speedy II sails east over the course of the evening. If is a moonless night, and the crew is restless. What if a dragon or sea serpent attacked under the cover of darkness? How would the ship defend itself against such a threat. These worries are somewhat alleviated however when the crew spots small lights in the distance; the rest of the fleet.

The sun comes up to reveal the British Fleet in it's full glory, baring down on the shores of Remembrance. 7 Frigates, 4 Cargo ships bearing wood and workers to construct a proper port, and of course the Speedy II itself, a mighty Ship of the Line. The shore before you meets the sea with a bright orange sandy beach that quickly yields to an endless field of grass, green than you would even find in Ireland.

The town itself is several miles inland and connected to the sea only by a wide dirt path. There is no sign of simple docks much less a proper fort; but some humanoids can be seen on the beach. "They are a fairskinned and small people!" Yells somebody from the crow's nest with a telescope. "I'd guess halflings, but we could just be seeing human of elven children."

Even the mopey admiral exits his quarters for a look at the new land. "Eh. Guess its kinda pretty." he exclaims before turning to your group. "You lot. Man a rowboat and go to shore. You are to visit that town, make first contact, and secure permission for port construction to begin."

You receive your orders and set out for the rowboat, which the sea elf twins are getting ready. Henry and Oliver, as they constantly remind everybody, are the children of Portugal's chief ambassador to the British Crown. They were born and raised in England and have only been to their homeland once or twice. Despite their lack of a proper Portuguese upbringing however they still love nothing more than giving crap to any and all High Elves aboard.

"Oy. Sorry Richard." Oliver says sympathetically slapping the human on the back as he works on one of the knots holding the rowboat. "I'd be spending half my time aboard hurling the contents of my stomach around if I had to share a bunk with a rat like Jaun Fernando Longname y Uglyface."

"Heh. You should have seen me vomit that one night I had to share a bunk with Ochita." Henry replies with an exaggerated low voice. "I don't think I'd make it three days living back in the homeland, I would never stop vomiting on account of Portugal's close proximity to Spain.

It is common knowledge that Sea Elves are always born in pairs with one male and one female per litter. Everybody on board is quite sure that Henry is hiding a lack of equipment in the nether region. Nobody is quite sure exactly why 'he' is still serving in the navy. At least eight people have reported 'him' over the course of this voyage alone. Pointing this fact out is a great way to shut the twins up... or piss them off royally depending on their mood.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2011, 12:28:17 pm »

Peter sat in the rowboat, hoping the sea air wasn't ruining his rifle. He would have to do proper maintenance on it the next chance he had. He sat quietly and listened for a minute or two; the sea elf twins, 'Henry' and Oliver, were again ranting about Spaniards. This is tiresome. He sighed. Well, there was one way to put an end to it. "So what's your REAL name, Henry? I'm guessing it's Polly," he said with a cheerful expression.

Troll the sea elves? Sounds like fun!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2011, 12:42:51 pm »

The nuances of Elven culture never failed to amuse, Kriegaxt though, grabbing an oar.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2011, 12:46:08 pm »

Henry looks taken aback for a second. Anger rushes into Oliver's face and reaches for his blade... but Henry raises a hand to stop him. "Please Peter." 'he' says with a grin "If you are that desperate for some action I hear the Spaniards are all into that sort of thing." The anger on Oliver's face vanishes instantly and he begins laughing.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2011, 01:00:30 pm »

"Spanish lasses are indeed fine," Peter said, relaxing his posture somewhat. "I could do with the company of a senorita." He sighed. Being on a ship full of men - discounting Henry, of course, if only to respect her desire to fit in - was pretty boring. Having a bit of fun at someone's expense was just about the only thing to do for a non-sailor such as himself. "I was just thinking of a song from my grandfather's time, Sweet Polly Oliver. It's about a girl who pretends to be a boy, dressing up in her brother's clothes, so she can follow someone she loves into the army."

He arched an eyebrow with a teasing smile. "That's a pretty common thing from what I've heard. I just thought the pair of you might be familiar with it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2011, 01:08:08 pm »

"A Senorita should suffice in the summer, but you'll want to spend the winter with a Fraulein..." Kriegaxt says, laughing.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2011, 01:16:08 pm »

The Sea Elves finally shut up and lower the boat. They allow the small craft to drop the last yard and hit the water hard. Oliver looks down with a devilish grin. "You lot alright down there?"

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2011, 01:20:34 pm »

"Really now, how can you two complain about retching? Have you smelled yourselves? It's like you've just been rolling around in a barrel of cod."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2011, 01:24:18 pm »

Henry laughs. "The smell of Cod is most attractive to the Sea Elf ladies Spaniard. Now why don't you row to shore before some sea serpent dose us all a favor and eats you?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2011, 01:28:15 pm »

"Indeed," Peter called up, though he couldn't resist one last jab as he took the other oar to assist the Orc. "So you shared a bunk with Ochita one night, huh, Henry? I thought neither of you liked Spaniards. Or was it just a curiosity thing?" He nudged Ochita in a fairly theatrical manner with his elbow and added loudly, "lucky dog, getting the only girl on the ship." He shook his head and prepared to row. "I bet that really burned her biscuits. Too bad we won't be around to see how she takes it, right Kriegaxt?" he asked. It really was too bad, too. Shutting down the pair's daily Spaniard rants - whether he or someone else did - was always something to look forward to, to break the monotony of standing around on deck and waiting to land.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2011, 01:50:18 pm »

Martin sits patiently in the boat waiting to make landfall, he looks off to the eastern sky lost in thaught, not listening to the others words.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2011, 01:52:03 pm »

The group rows for about 30 minutes before reaching the shore. Upon arriving you see a Halfling standing next to a cart full to the brim with spears, tridents, and various other pole-arm weapons, each way to large to be wielded by their apparent owner.

The halfling stares at you speechlessly. You wonder what to say, and in what language.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2011, 01:57:20 pm »

"I don't know why I ever need to bother insulting those two; they do so themselves with little provocation. Anyway, let's get as far away from the twins as we can. I yearn to breath air not fouled by their presence."
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24