Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16583 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Prelude Turn 1 + Submit Character Sheets)
« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2011, 12:47:35 am »

Peter raised an eyebrow at the Orc. "Sure. Whatever you say," he said, waving him off.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2011, 12:52:08 am »

Okay everybody. Re-Post your character sheets here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87573.0

Don't post anything else on that thread until all character sheets are there.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2011, 02:17:35 am »

Just stands there waiting for something more interesting to do, quietly.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2011, 02:41:59 am »

Edwyn goes to the square as well. The other people will still be there after noon.
Love, scriver~

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2011, 02:49:38 am »

Richard looks longingly at the pub before heading to the town square, he'd never hear the end of it if his allies got murdered by a dragon while he was getting drunk.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2011, 11:51:46 am »

Kriegaxt:

You wander into the outdoor shrine, which sits on a medium sized grassy lot. Most of the lot is covered by a large koi pond, an alter to some deity sits on an island in the middle of the body of water reachable only by a beautiful woodwork bridge. A handful of bright elves are scattered around the shrine in various positions of prostration and prayer. Most of them pay you no more heed than perhaps a glance or a nervous scowl. One elf however stares at you curiously from the bridge.

She wears no clothes, as she has such command over her amber colored aura she can use it to modestly obscure and protect individual parts of her body. Her hair has streaks of brown and gold, and is so long it trails several feet behind her on the ground: It is terribly knotted and wild, as if she has never cared for it a day in her life. Judging from her appearance you assume that she is just barely old enough to qualify as an adult, although with elves it is tough to tell.

She opens her mouth, and to your surprise, speaks in perfect German. "We don't get visitors here often, much less Greenskins. Tell me noble Orc, what brings you to the house of my lord Myval?"

Jaun:

You head off to the merchants guild and enter the building. The interior reeks of rotten fish and Halflings dart about from room to room frantically. Eventually you spot somebody who looks sort of important and pull him aside. You attempt to imitate the latin based language of the halfling on the beach, and explain that you need to see Kumar. The Halfling is reluctant to tell you where to find his boss, but you explain that you could have the wooden monsters moved. His disposition changes and he leads you through a series of short and narrow halls until you reach a gold trimmed door. You enter into a small but luxurious office.

Sitting at the desk is a Halfling so fat and bearded that one could easily mistake him for a dwarf. He turns to you and scowls. "I thought I told them no visitors today. I have school of huge wooden fish scaring off all my business, my monthly summit with Madam Greenscale this evening, and a trade caravan going to the capitol in three days. You think I have time to help some displaced high elf find a job?"

Everybody Else:

As you walk into town square the dragon finishes it's meal by swallowing the horse whole. "Alright. Thank you Piddlefoot. You are such a pragmatist, dealing with a sick horse and a required offering at the same time. I like that. Consider your family exempt from having to get me something next year." The beast says in a rough but distinctly female voice.

"Now then. Before I return to my home I would like to give a quick speech. First of all I would like you mortals to spread the word that House Leafist and House Seacopper are late on their offerings to me. If I don't see something from them by my next visit, they will draw my wrath." The dragon lets out a roar to punctuate her threat before continuing.

"Now, as for the business of the wooden monsters. Yesterday I flew out to sea, and got a close look. I will tell you now that what you see out on the ocean are not monsters, but warships bigger than any the world has seen before! And on those warships were more sailors than this town has citizens. Most of them wore uniforms, like they were in some sort of army and preparing to invade!" She anounces as she takes to the air. "Uniforms... like these!" She hisses as she lands in front of the group with a loud thud.

"Tell me mortals. Is it bravery or stupidity that compels you to attack a town under the watch of Amourux Greenscale?" The crowd and the dragon all stare at you.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2011, 12:29:22 pm »

Richard edges slightly off to the side of the group, so if Amourux decides to start breathing fire he may not be immolated in the first few seconds.  Unless He gets set on fire first. In which case he's kind of screwed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2011, 12:35:42 pm »

Kriegaxt tried not to stammer, and tried not to stare. He partially suceeded on one count.

"Er..um...I'm an explorer, from a very distant land, miss. Kriegaxt Brandt, at your service." he said, bowing at the waist politely and bashfully averting his gaze.

"I was interested in the shrine-what deity do you worship here? It is a very fitting monument, minimalist, yet functional and elegant. Equal measures of respect for nature and humility before a higher power, things greatly lacking where I come from."

Also, if I may enquire...how did you come to know my language?"

Kriegaxt was intrigued, awaiting her response.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2011, 12:38:31 pm »

Edwyn steps forward, adressing the dragon without hesitation. "My lady Dragon, it is neither, for we have no intention of aggressing on your lands. Truly, we came here with neither good nor ill will, for we knew not what would await us here. We consider ourselves guest , nothing more, and we hope You will show us hospitality." He takes a deep bow before the creature.

"Please, before any regretful decisions are made, allow us to introduce ourselves to Your Ladyship. My name is Lord Edwyn Redshaw of Strathwyke, representative of His Majesty the King George the Third by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland King, Defender of the faith. Tell me, My Lady, how should we adress Your Most Noble Grace?"
Love, scriver~

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2011, 12:52:36 pm »

Ochita slowly takes a step forward, and then starts to try to speak dragonic.

"While it is true that the boats are ours, we have actually not come for hostilities in any way. We are merely explorers, and we have traveled from lands magical-less, to find this land of wonder, and now we visited this city to gain a better understanding of how all of this magic works.. And personally, I intend that we have no hostilities."

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2011, 03:55:06 pm »

"I'm not here for a job; I'm here to offer you the business opportunity of a lifetime. Those 'huge wooden fish' in the harbor are something known as 'ships'. At least, that's what the English call them. In their bellies are treasures the likes of which you've never seen. If you allow us to build a port in your town, it will open up a new avenue of boundless trade for you and your organization. Goods for across the world will make their way into your harbor, and all the rest of your civilization will have to trade with you to get them. And all you have to do is let us build a dock; what do you say to that?"
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2011, 12:14:37 am »

Peter decided not to speak on the assumption that the other three were making a better case than he could and he didn't want to blurt out something offensive.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2011, 02:59:14 am »

Kriegaxt:

The Elf giggles slightly. "My name is Mayta, and as the high priestess of this shrine I have been granted the gift of tongues. I understand all, and all understand me. This is a monument to Myval. Lord of heroism, honor, adventure, and courage. Myval generly prefers to be worshiped in grand castles or golden temples, however the stories say that the foreign designer thought the shrine was to be built in honor of his god. The mistake wasn't caught until construction was half complete."

She pauses for a second and stoops low to free her long hair from a splintered piece of wood. "Of course, I'm only twenty years old, so I don't remember this. To me the story is nothing more than one more anecdote describing the follies of the secular world. Wouldn't you agree?"

Juan:

The old halfling stares at you in awkward silence for several moments before speaking. "When I was a young man I would often make such attractive offers to my fellow citizens. Most of the time I was peddling naught more than scam or fraud. Now, I'm not accusing you of such crimes, however I am too world weary to accept your offer without proof."

He drums his fingers on his desk and looks over a document instead of you while he speaks. "I would love to take a tour of one of your 'ships', however my schedule dose not permit it at the moment. If you have no objections to the idea of a tour I will send my son Gabe in my stead. It is not like he will be able to get any business done with you wooden monsters scaring away the clientele. Is this acceptable?"

Everybody Else:

Amourux mutters something in Draconic. To Ochita it souds like "...So they were right." but you can't be sure. The dragon shakes her head and draws herself to her full height.

"Edwyn. I shall choose to believe you on account of what your Elven friend has said. Despite the fact that his attempt to speak in my native tongue was the most pitiful display I have witnessed in eons, what he has said about a land without magic matches with the stories I have been told... Let me give you your first lesson on the fantastic Lord Edwyn." The dragon locks eyes with the human leader and frowns.

"The first rule of dealing with Dragons on peaceful terms is that one should always bring a acceptable tribute. I will let your mistake slide as you did not know of the correct ways of dealing with my kind. I will pretend that this meeting never happened. You have three days to bring a tribute to my lair and introduce yourself correctly. Otherwise I will assume you are here to threaten me and my interests."

With those words the massive green reptile takes to the sky and begins to fly to the north.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2011, 03:11:29 am »

"Oh man.. Wait. This is interesting. Well, I suggest that we visit the tavern, and then we go back to the ships."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2011, 06:07:32 am »

"... Yeah, I need a drink, I hope sacrifices aren't needed everytime we meet someone, I get the feeling we got very lucky there..."
TO THE PUB!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24