Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 7 Year:3  (Read 25927 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 15
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2011, 08:12:32 pm »

Well, he's mainly concerned with his own survival at this point.  He's been living alone some time, so he doesn't have much use for others, except for convenience.  Maybe he'll learn the meaning of friendship!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 15
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2011, 07:20:06 am »

Turn 16:Pull the Pin and Throw, How Hard is That?
Go search the storage room. Look for everything. Ammo, guns, barbed wire, burlap sacks for sandbags.
(2) There are only two useful things inside the room, (4) one is a backup-kit for policemen, it contains 2 10mm 12 shot Pistols, with 8 clips, and the other (6) is an old crate, with the words CROWD CONTROL written n the side, it's covered in dust and you don't remember ever seeing it before, you crack it open, and inside is 6 gas masks, 4 smoke grenades, 4 tear gas canisters, 4 mustard gas grenades (huge area of effect directed by wind, causes massive chemical burns to skin and eyes, mutagenetic, carcinogenic.) and 4 pop-can shaped canisters with a large red X across them and something written in a language you can't understand.  These must be left overs from your grandfathers work in WWII, how he got them home without the military stopping him you'll never know.  The ones marked with a red X have a timer dial on the side that goes from 5 seconds all the way up to ten minutes, with a pin to start the mechanical timer.  (each 4 grenades counts as 1 small item, gasmasks count as 1 small item when not being worn, when worn they do -1 to noticing things, but take up no space.)
-4 Mustard gas grenades
-4 Smoke Grenades
-4 Tear Gas grenades
-4 Red X canisters.
-6 Gas Masks
2 10 MM 12 shot pistols
8 12 round 10mm clips
Mount scope onto rifle and attempt to get into a position where he can watch the group and posibly Take a shott

(3) The scope clicks on, but feels a bit loose, it seems to have been made for a different rifle, hopefully it doesn't come off.  (4) You go upstairs and take a position at the window, you watch the group, but they seem pretty disorganized, some lay around, while others walk the perimeter, only 4 have guns, and just pistols, but one man who appears to be a leader is carrying a large auto-shotgun, he seems to be attempting to interrogate the sack they brought into the police station ruins when they arrived.  The rest of the men are just milling around the vehicles and ruins, carrying large sticks and pipes.  You have 15 shot's in your rifle, and the way they are milling about you are pretty sure you could kill at least 10 before they got organized and you'd have to reload.  You count 24 men in total.  The vehicals they drove up in are between you and the police station ruins, providing them some cover.

Sorry about bold- PFP so tags have to go in manually.

"Let's stay in here and stay out of the way- we're outnumbered by pro hoodlums. Let's not be stupid."

Try to concentrate and read what the group of thugs is up to.

(2) It;s mostly all just white noise to you, but something sounds familiar about one of the voices, you just can't place it.  (3)  You concentrate really hard and manage to gather that they are escaped convicts from a jail, apparently a bomber crashed into one of the walls and they escaped after stealing some military vehicles crashed on the side of the road.  (2)  The noise implodes and you get a minor headache, though all the sounds seem to be gone for the moment.  You can actually think clearly for the first time today.

lol. I knew it. This IS Taric we're talking about, after all.

Andrea blushed and immediately hid the magazines on the highest shelf she could find in the closet. She couldn't let Jessie accidentally see those! She was far too young to be thinking about sex in general, let alone that kind of thing.

Action: See if there's a cellar or basement and investigate it, including finding a way to hide the entrance so we can hole up in it. If there isn't one, look for shotgun ammo; maybe Taric has some in his storage room.
(3) You can't find any type of basement, but you do find that the boards on the side of the stairs can be removed and if you had to everyone could probably squeeze in there and pull the boards shut.  It would be really tight though.  (5) hey what do you know, there's a bad of shotgun ammo under the stairs you get (roll/50=11) 11 ammo, looks like mice got into the rest and destroyed any use it might have, better then nothing though.
-11 Shotgun ammo

***(6) As Henry watches the group, he sees something moving off in the shadows of the street, as one of the men with a pipe wanders past it, a 8-legged dog runs forward, grabs him by the throat and drags him off before he can scream, none of the other convicts seem to notice it happen. (1)  The men continue to be loud and blast music, but nothing else shows itself yet.

Time:6:00PM day 1

Weather:Cloudy

Environment:Taric's House:All Windows barricaded, Chain fence fixed, and lightly reinforced.  Shed is fine.  Nearby Houses have been largely stripped of usable wood, you'd need to use a sledge hammer to make anything loose enough to use.  Top Front Windows made into Sniper's Pillboxes

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around Taric's house):
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out
Wheel Barrel (lets you move 4 large items)
Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (8/10L)
Portable Power Generator (5/5L gas)
-4 Mustard gas grenades
-4 Smoke Grenades
-4 Tear Gas grenades
-4 Red X canisters.
-6 Gas Masks
2 10 MM 12 shot pistols
8 12 round 10mm clips

Taric: Taric's house
slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Slightly Tired

Steve: Taric's house
Slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Moderately Tired
Foot Mangled -2 to quick movement
23-47 hours to heal

Angela: Taric's House
Slightly Tired
Not Hungry
Not thirsty

Henry:Taric's House
Not Hungry
slightly Thirsty
Moderately Tired

Jessie:Taric's House
Not Hungry
Not Thirsty
Fine
Apparently Telekinetic, only mildly, unaware of power.
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 16
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2011, 07:38:04 am »

Andy reloaded her shotgun. The ammo was definitely necessary. For now, she went over to Steve. "Here, let me see your foot."

Action: Use my first aid kit on Steve's foot. If it doesn't take the whole hour to do what I'm able for him, go upstairs and check out the situation with the escaped convicts.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2011, 08:04:10 am »

Pass out gas masks, tell them about the gas grenades, gather the tear gas up.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2011, 08:37:29 am »

"Oh, thanks.  Maybe you can do a better job with it than I did."

"I think those guys are escaped prisoners.  They're not really focused and I can't tell what they're up to, but I still say we leave them alone unless they go after us."

Concentrate on the leader.  Attempt to influence him to leave.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2011, 09:03:27 am »

Turn 17:Ahh sixes and ones all around!
Riccto has informed he will be away for a week or so, so I'll just auto him for now
Andy reloaded her shotgun. The ammo was definitely necessary. For now, she went over to Steve. "Here, let me see your foot."

Action: Use my first aid kit on Steve's foot. If it doesn't take the whole hour to do what I'm able for him, go upstairs and check out the situation with the escaped convicts.
(6)  You unravel the makeshift bandage and get to work, seems you are well timed, it is becoming red and inflamed.  It takes awhile but you use some rubbing alcohol to fully clean the wound and then you re-wrap the wound with fresh bandages (1)  it takes a long time to do, and you have to re-wrap the whole thing a half dozen times, but you eventually manage to get it set up so he can walk fine again.
(negative rolls removed, healing time halved)
1 use of the medical kit used

Pass out gas masks, tell them about the gas grenades, gather the tear gas up.
You had everyone the masks, (2)even little Jessie, she just seems to think of it as a new toy and puts it on her teddy bear.. wait wasn't that thing a lot smaller before...  You gather the tear gas and tuck them into pouches n your backpack, so you can grab and throw pretty easily, but everything is getting a bit jammed.
Minor Clutter (1's are now slightly worse when removing items)

"Oh, thanks.  Maybe you can do a better job with it than I did."

"I think those guys are escaped prisoners.  They're not really focused and I can't tell what they're up to, but I still say we leave them alone unless they go after us."

Concentrate on the leader.  Attempt to influence him to leave.
(1)(6)(6) You manage to completely mess up attempting to connect him, and after trying for a long time, you finally contact him and you try and think of what you want him to do, all the convicts suddenly jump up as if you just yelled over a bull-horn.  You do the only thing you can think of is to try and over-load them, and they suddenly fall to the ground moaning and clutching their heads, but a few seconds later a few of the start standing, and they are all looking directly at the house. They slowly begin fanning out to encircle the house.

Quote from: Henry/Riccto
I'm Helpful!
(2) he idly sits in the window, looking at birds through his scope. (2) He only barely notices when Steve messes up and the convicts begin circling the house, the best he can do is take cover a second before a shotgun shell rattles the window he was just looking out.

Time:7:00PM day 1

Weather:Dusk, getting Dark, still cloudy

Environment:Taric's House:All Windows barricaded, Chain fence fixed, and lightly reinforced.  Shed is fine.  Nearby Houses have been largely stripped of usable wood, you'd need to use a sledge hammer to make anything loose enough to use.  Top Front Windows made into Sniper's Pillboxes

Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (8/10L)
-4 Mustard gas grenades
-4 Smoke Grenades
-4 Red X canisters.
2 10 MM 12 shot pistols
8 12 round 10mm clips

slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Slightly Tired
Gas mask

Slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Moderately Tired
Foot Mangled but patched and treated
10-22 hours to heal
Gas mask

Slightly Tired
Not Hungry
Not thirsty
Gas mask

Not Hungry
slightly Thirsty
Moderately Tired
Gas Mask

Not Hungry
Not Thirsty
Fine
Is her bear getting bigger? and where's the second head.
Gas Mask
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 17
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2011, 09:06:08 am »

Wear the gas mask, throw tear gas at the bandits!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2011, 09:58:30 am »

Andrea immediately put on her gas mask and crouched on the stairs. "Jessie, go upstairs, honey."

Action: Put on the gasmask, keep the shotgun on the door. If anyone gets through, blast 'em. Fall back upstairs as necessary and bottleneck the bastards on the stairs.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2011, 11:22:52 am »

I'm assuming we're starting on combat turns now.

"I think I made them mad..."

"If they all fall down and act funny, take them when you can!"

Throw on the gas mask.  Wait until they start attacking, then try to overload them again.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2011, 11:33:59 am »

Yes sorry, should of stated that.  Turn in a few minutes
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2011, 12:11:48 pm »

Turn 18:Hum, Talk about a Bloodbath
Wear the gas mask, throw tear gas at the bandits!
You pull the gas mask over your face, it smells horribly stale but it's better then poison gas.  (3) You pull the pin and toss it out the window, luckily the ones with the gas masks are not the ones you hit, and a half dozen of the men get caught in the toxic cloud, they stumble about coughing and Henry picks them off, sadly the gas is quickly caught up in a gust of wind and blown away.

Andrea immediately put on her gas mask and crouched on the stairs. "Jessie, go upstairs, honey."

Action: Put on the gasmask, keep the shotgun on the door. If anyone gets through, blast 'em. Fall back upstairs as necessary and bottleneck the bastards on the stairs.
You pull the gas mask on (2) it seems the filters on this one are a bit clogged with dust, hopefully you won't have to do any heavy breathing soon. Jessie hears you and walks up the stairs, completely unconcerned.  (3) You take a position behind the door, but there's nothing to really cover you, hopefully the ones that come through won't have guns.  (4) You can hear two or three people smashing at the door, but they don't seem to be making much progress against the barricade that you put up earlier.  Though seconds later the sounds stop, and you hear a light moan from the other side of the door.

I'm assuming we're starting on combat turns now.

"I think I made them mad..."

"If they all fall down and act funny, take them when you can!"

Throw on the gas mask.  Wait until they start attacking, then try to overload them again.
(3) You pull the gas mask on, it's a bit tight but the filters seem good.  You wait until you can hear them trying to get into the house until you attempt to over-load their minds again.  (5) You peek out the window as you concentrate, and two attacking the door suddenly fall to their knees, blood runs from their noses and if they aren't dead they certainly won't be fighting anytime soon.  (1)Using your mind like this is exhausting though, and you doubt you could do it again for at least 20 minutes (2 turns).
-Mutation Cool-Down 20 minutes

Quote from: Henry/Riccto
Take them out!
3+2=5 He quickly pops off 6 rounds, killing the ones stunned by the tear gas, (1+2=3)  He sees the leader take aim at the window, and barely manages to shoot his leg out from under him before the leader could shoot. (5+2=7)  With the last of the ammo Henry manages to wound 3 more and kill 4, but the 4 with pistols manage to take cover behind the cars. (2) Trying to reload jams his gun.

Enemies:
4-Pistol-group-(Wearing Gas Masks)(5-2=3) Kill that god damn sniper!  They fire off a dozen rounds, but Henry is too slow and gets shot in the left shoulder, the bullets passes right through, and it doesn't affect his aim.
Leader-(4) Run the hell away, my damn leg hurts.  He climbs into a car, but it doesn't start, at least not yet.
8-Assorted melee users-(1) Scatter, too many dead already!  They run off in multiple directions, and you can see at least 2 get killed by something out in the darkness of the ally ways.
3-Wounded-(5) Revenge!  They manage to stand back up and get to the door  (1) it begins to crack and break.
??????-(5) foooooood, the shadows seem to move closer to the fire the outlaws started, but it almost looks like it's alive.

Time:7:10PM day 1

Weather:Dusk, getting Dark, still cloudy, Moderately Windy

Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (8/10L)
-4 Mustard gas grenades
-4 Smoke Grenades
-4 Red X canisters.
2 10 MM 12 shot pistols
8 12 round 10mm clips

slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Slightly Tired
Gas mask

Slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Very Tired
Foot Mangled but patched and treated
10-22 hours to heal
Gas mask

Slightly Tired
Not Hungry
Not thirsty
Gas mask

Not Hungry
slightly Thirsty
Very Tired
Gas Mask
Shot-Left Shoulder-Bullet Passed through
Bleeding

Not Hungry
Not Thirsty
Fine
Gas Mask
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 18
« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2011, 12:13:39 pm »

Drop an "X" grenade on those guys near the door.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:57:46 pm by Taricus »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2011, 12:14:25 pm »

Drop an "X" grenade on those guys near the door.
I am so happy you decided to use this, and near the house too!
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2011, 12:16:14 pm »

Changed the action due to that statement. Everyone else mind making sure that those bandits don't run away?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2011, 12:29:39 pm »

awwwwww well use it at some point, I'll give you a hint, it's not got anything to do with fire, and the gas masks will protect you.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26