Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 10967 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2011, 03:59:18 pm »

Apperently you can only use one Tablet controller per console. The rest of your buddies are stuck with wii-motes

The console might not even be able to handle sending that kind of info to more than one controller =p

Still silly.

Surely they could just spend some more money, and/or cut back on some other hardware somewhere, to give it that kind of capability. Surely.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2011, 04:01:40 pm »

Apperently you can only use one Tablet controller per console. The rest of your buddies are stuck with wii-motes

The console might not even be able to handle sending that kind of info to more than one controller =p

Still silly.

Surely they could just spend some more money, and/or cut back on some other hardware somewhere, to give it that kind of capability. Surely.

I think it's about Bluetooth's bandwidth. Sending high quality video and input to a device uses pretty much all of Bluetooth 2.0's space. If they updated to 3.0 they could do it, but that would cost a lot more

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2011, 04:16:25 pm »

I remember the N64 controllers lasting ages, as long as you didn't play Mario Party with them  :-\

My palm is still caloused from that game... and I doubt all the plastic dust I've inhaled was healthy.

The plastic thing on the analog stick broke off leaving it as a metal stub. You guys had it easy, that thing hurts.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2011, 04:26:51 pm »

Yay! More Gimmicks!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2011, 04:29:51 pm »

I remember the N64 controllers lasting ages, as long as you didn't play Mario Party with them  :-\

My palm is still caloused from that game... and I doubt all the plastic dust I've inhaled was healthy.

The plastic thing on the analog stick broke off leaving it as a metal stub. You guys had it easy, that thing hurts.

Mario...party....campaign...
I had blisters all over my palm trying to beat that Cycling minigame in which you have to cycle so that a lightbulb starts glowing and boo disappears or something. It's been years but that minigame sticks out in my mind...:(

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2011, 04:33:45 pm »

Sorry for being "that guy", but I can't find this being confirmed anywhere. They only did demos with one controller, but I can't find anyone explicitly saying you can't use more than one controller. I would understand some of the features not mixing well with multiple inputs (specifically the HD screen transfer) but won't most of these features be decided by the game in question anyway? If it's just a low-def inventory screen or something, I assume it would be a bit more viable, but I don't really know technical limitations of stuff so I can't really say.

Honestly, I'm just trying to find excuses that don't dash my hopes of a real Crystal Chronicles revival.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2011, 04:36:34 pm »

Here's the current wii-u website: http://e3.nintendo.com/hw

They show all kinds of configurations of controllers and mention using up to 4 wii remotes with it, but only ever show one PADD-type controller with it, and never say that you can use more than one of them (whereas they list how many of everything else you can use). That doesn't necessarily prove that you can only use one, however. I get the impression more that they deliberately didn't say.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2011, 04:38:20 pm »

Mario...party....campaign...
I had blisters all over my palm trying to beat that Cycling minigame in which you have to cycle so that a lightbulb starts glowing and boo disappears or something. It's been years but that minigame sticks out in my mind...:(

Did your analog stick have a plastic thing on it or was it a sharp metal nub?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2011, 04:44:15 pm »

Yay! More Gimmicks!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2011, 04:47:47 pm »

Here's the current wii-u website: http://e3.nintendo.com/hw

They show all kinds of configurations of controllers and mention using up to 4 wii remotes with it, but only ever show one PADD-type controller with it, and never say that you can use more than one of them (whereas they list how many of everything else you can use). That doesn't necessarily prove that you can only use one, however. I get the impression more that they deliberately didn't say.
If its not proven, its possible. Small chance of that for most weird things, but this doesn't seem one of them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2011, 04:48:39 pm »

Big controller is big.
I mean I know the one thing that gets thrown around a lot are controllers, so why would you put a tv in them? Hell, that is why the deulshock was so great, you could throw it at somebodies head and reel it back in with the cord! But cost of replacing broken controllers is going to out do the cost of replacing tvs that you threw a wiimote through.
Nintendo, why?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2011, 04:50:46 pm »

I remember the N64 analog sticks becoming loose after a while.
They do. The controller my first N64 came with, which was one of those transparent purple controllers, which I think had weaker sticks than the stock grays(I have two that still work, but a bit loose), the stick on it stopped working. I took it apart, and saw that two parts, a pair of perpendicular sliders that handled the x- and y-axis positions of the stick, were worn almost completely through.

Big controller is big.
I mean I know the one thing that gets thrown around a lot are controllers, so why would you put a tv in them? Hell, that is why the deulshock was so great, you could throw it at somebodies head and reel it back in with the cord! But cost of replacing broken controllers is going to out do the cost of replacing tvs that you threw a wiimote through.
Nintendo, why?
Well, if it's tough as people say Nintendo stuff is, it'll survive being made into an impromptu rage-propelled television-seeking missile.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2011, 04:52:48 pm »

Well, if it's tough as people say Nintendo stuff is, it'll survive being made into an impromptu rage-propelled television-seeking missile.

The television probably won't, though.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2011, 04:59:22 pm »

Just a week or two ago, I took apart a N64 controller. The problem it was having was that the stick pivots around a sphere with grooves on either side, those grooves containing small plastic cylinders from the casing. The problem was that the tops of the grooves had been worn out, causing the spring to push it all further into the controller, unlinking the x/y gearing, except at extreme tilts.

Repairing one properly would be as simple as replacing a single plastic part. (and cleaning out the dist from the old one). Quite durable, except for that one part that was under constant force and friction for years of abuse from three people frequently playing SSB and to a lesser extent some other games... (I didn't have a replacement, so I put in something to temporarily restore partial functionality, though I think it wore out already, so that my younger sister could enjoy LoZ:OoT and actually be able to move faster than a walk. Rather disappointing that the gamecube/wii doesn't have backwards compatibility for N64 games, though I appreciate the capabilities and simplicity that they gained by not doing so)
Eh?
Eh!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2011, 05:03:07 pm »

Couldn't people just not be emotionally retarded and you know, not throw the controller?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11