Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: the tribe - day 2, sun is low on the west sky and night is about to fall  (Read 5844 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: the tribe - day 1, noon
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 02:17:19 pm »

Follow the group and try to pick up some herbs along the way

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 02:32:39 pm »

Look about for tracks of larger animals in the direction of the running water, attempt to track down a deer or two.
Nom nom nom

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 02:38:44 pm »

Follow the group and try to pick up some herbs along the way
the group has split: some people haven't posted, dwarlamin and frel went exploring west, taric and scryv went exploring the area surrounding the grove

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 02:40:29 pm »

Ya, where are we gonna go first guys?  I think the healing herbs area would be best, it would help alot with the later challenges, and then maybe swing by the creak with the flint stones before going for the bones?
Nom nom nom

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 02:44:44 pm »

Brew mystical mixture.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 02:51:46 pm »

Brew mystical mixture.
you need mystical plants for that, scout around for materials

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 02:58:40 pm »

I think we should head to the herbal area as well. If we end up using all the flowers, we can always go back later and get more. Can't do much anything if we die from wounds.
Love, scriver~

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 03:15:26 pm »

ehmmmm k, I'll get us some food for the walk and we should head out asap, we only have spring, god knows what we will run into.
Nom nom nom

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: the tribe - day 1, late afternoon
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 05:23:14 pm »

Taric and Skryv spent the early afternoon scouting the area. The vegetation was thick (6!) but they managed to beat some terrain. (3)Taric found a good large branch and (4)a large rope bush that he could harvest to make cords, (2,5)he also found a herb that he remembered shamans using: a cleansing herb. Skyryv (2,4)also found a small mushroom he knew he should not eat, but that the shamans could use and (1,6!) some bushes of sweet root. No birds were sighted.

Frel the hunter set off west with Dwarlamin following the sounds of water. (2)They had a very hard time moving through the vegetation and took some hours to reach the creek (2)on their way Frel found no tracks or wildlife, and no objects of interest, (4,6!) but Dwarlamin found a large cache of quartz stones by the creek.

Khan set off a little behind Frel an Dwarlamin, (3) though he moved a litle faster than the others and got to the creek sooner. (1)When he reached the creek, Khan followed it south for a bit looking for trails, but he found nothing and tripped on a rock injuring a knee

(i've had the post written for a few hours, and i'm tired of waiting... dont be mad at me guys X), its the second time i make a decision for you)Jet'Qir and Zruk set off looking for herbs, heading in separate ways. Jet'Qir (5)has little trouble moving through the vegetation (4)and found a cleansing herb, (3,1)but despite having some more time to look around found nothing else. Zruk (3)had a little more trouble with the thick vegetation, (6!)but still managed to find and collect a large quantity of stinking sap.

The sun is low on the horizon, Frel, Dwarlamin and Khan are at the creek, it runs from north and turns east. The banks are ripe with undergrowth, and the creek's bed is full of round stones. A few minuscule fish swim against the calm current.
The rest of the group meets back at the grove, the stone face still staring at them angrily. They are somewhat thirsty, and the whole party is a little bit tired.
Birds chirp menacingly, but they stay out of sight.

Spoiler: Party status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: party inventory: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: available recipes: (click to show/hide)

each turn takes some hours, each turn you can do all the actions those hours allow. i will respond to quick actions as soon as i can, but i will only respond to longer actions at the end of the turn. After the next turn the night falls and the characters will go to sleep where they are, unless you state otherwise. keep in mind your character will receive a penalty the next day if they sleep badly.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 05:25:40 pm »

Make baskets out of the rope.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 05:43:58 pm »

Taric picks the rope bush stalks planning to weave a basket with it, but they are not even nearly enough. Besides, rope bush is valuable because of the fibers that can be extracted from their stalks, and woven into strong and relatively thin cordage. A crude basket can be made with cheaper bushes that are readily available from the undergrowth, though.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 05:46:32 pm »

Harvest more fibres for baskets and rope.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2011, 05:48:43 pm »

Keep watching Taric and the other guys if they stay. Laugh at Taric for doing womens work, and prod him with the non-head end of the spear while he's basketing.

Shouldn't we move towards the creek when the basket is done? We might get something to drink before we go to sleep.
Love, scriver~

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 05:59:13 pm »

Harvest more fibres for baskets and rope.
You quickly harvest a bunch of cheap fibres from the undergrowth that you can use to make a basket. You figure that to find more rope bush you'd need to spend some hours exploring the woods.
You sit down and start weaving a basket.
Keep watching Taric and the other guys if they stay. Laugh at Taric for doing womens work, and prod him with the non-head end of the spear while he's basketing.
(3) you manage to bruise him in the eye, and succeed at annoying him

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 06:34:06 pm »

You should go back and tell the rest we found water, Frel. They're bound to be thirsty by now...I'm sure the crafter will appreciate these shiny stones!

Start making an improvised lean-to for myself-heavy branches stacked with leaves/needles.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7