Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Deus Ex Human Revolution Beta Leak  (Read 25475 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Beta Leak
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2011, 11:51:10 am »

One thing I found interesting was how the NPC's will chat about things you've done even if they're not directly tied to an objective. In the first part of the game I went into derelict row earlier than I should have and just killed every gang member there with some well-placed pistol shots (yay laser targeting upgraded headshots). I looted them all and walked back. A random office worker I talked to said "Did you hear someone went into Derelict Row and shot up all the ballers?" (ballers being the gang's name) I talked to him again and he said "Yeah it was on the news. What a bloodbath!"

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2011, 12:07:27 pm »

Sounds like your computer has some issues beyond the game. O.o

Yeah but like I said I've literally experimented with this.
1 Switch on Laptop.
2 Start recording with iTunes playing, no music caught in recording.
3 Start another game, none of it's sound caught in recording. Close game.
4 iTunes: no music caught in recording.
5 Start Dues Ex, sound caught in recording.
6 iTunes: music caught in recording.
7 Switch off laptop. Go to 1.

It's just weird.

Though as a game this is pretty awesome. Reminds me a lot of Alpha Protocol (right down to the boss fights), which is a good thing ^^ (And let's face it, Alpha Protocol was practically a spiritual successor to Dues Ex and VtM Bloodlines).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:09:34 pm by MorleyDev »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2011, 12:16:04 pm »

I hope we get something either mods or update that fixes the boss fights. I have seen all over the tubes that people are complaining about these, has Eidos said anything in response to this?
I got nothing

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2011, 01:18:19 pm »

I was amused: If you poke around enough you'll see multiple references to the fact that the 4 message inbox limit on computers is actually a security measure. Even to the point of them receiving warnings about their inbox being too full because it has 2/4 messages allowed.
Some computers have more than 4, you can scroll down past the first 4. There should be a counter telling you're on email 3/5 or something. Pay attention to that.

Awesome game incidentally, I was expecting it to be bad, but I'm pleasantly surprised. There are some rough edges though, the voice acting and the way some people move during conversation can be really painful. Sometimes I see other little things too, but honestly, it's a pretty good game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2011, 01:20:04 pm »

I was amused: If you poke around enough you'll see multiple references to the fact that the 4 message inbox limit on computers is actually a security measure. Even to the point of them receiving warnings about their inbox being too full because it has 2/4 messages allowed.
Some computers have more than 4, you can scroll down past the first 4. There should be a counter telling you're on email 3/5 or something. Pay attention to that.
Sorry no, I wasn't specific. This is a running gag in one specific area of the game, when you get into the medical tower. There are a lot of emails from one employee to another complaining about the limit and there are automated emails from the system saying the mailbox is nearing it's size limit at 2/4 messages. It's amusing.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2011, 02:00:20 pm »

I got this last Thursday but haven't been able to sink much time into it. Having a good time so far but I'm kind of worried as I started meaning to play a combat build and ended up not really killing anyone all the way up to fighting Barrett. I'm stuck on him due to only having an upgraded silenced pistol to work with and most of my praxis spent on hacking augmentations. I might have to start over and a previous save might not be enough.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2011, 02:22:42 pm »

I got this last Thursday but haven't been able to sink much time into it. Having a good time so far but I'm kind of worried as I started meaning to play a combat build and ended up not really killing anyone all the way up to fighting Barrett. I'm stuck on him due to only having an upgraded silenced pistol to work with and most of my praxis spent on hacking augmentations. I might have to start over and a previous save might not be enough.
Make liberal use of grenades and cover and you should be okay if you have enough ammo. I took him down with a pistol and a few EMP grenades.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2011, 04:17:51 pm »

So in the game menu I noticed a message on the bottom saying something about an upcoming announcement, "be ready" 8/29 2200GMT. Any ideas?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2011, 04:29:10 pm »

I don't mind the bossfights; I went stealth and while they were hard, they weren't frustrating. From what I've read one problem people seem to be having is that they assume a boss fight means a stand up fight, which is false; you can still use stealth in the boss fights and have them lose track of where you are (You can tell with the first one since he'll start throwing grenades at spots he thinks you might be hiding). I beat most of them by sneaking around and occasionally popping out to fire a few pistol rounds into the back of the bad guy's head, then hiding again.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2011, 05:51:06 pm »

Beaten it twice, 40 hours played.
First one, normal playthrough, stealth if possible, knockout if possible, lethal if not.

Second playthough, I never knocked out anyone, never killed anyone, and was never seen by anyone. It was quite fun, but I ended up with a ton of stuff from never using anything.
Which is why I ended the game with 25 frag mines, 15 emp mines, and 5 gas grenades. The funny thing is, despite me carrying around 3 guns, I only used the revolver. And even then, only actually shooting someone on the third boss/end of last.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Its really a fun game, but some bits are kinda either extremely hard or very easy.

So how did you get through the first and other bosses without shooting them?
1st boss
Second,
Third boss is
4th boss
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2011, 06:20:12 pm »

has Eidos said anything in response to this?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/08/in-defense-of-the-boss-battles-of-deus-ex-human-revolution.ars

e: sorry, ignore me - in my haste I though that was someone from Eidos - I'll leave the link here anyway
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 06:22:08 pm by SquidgyB »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2011, 12:40:16 am »

You know, now that I think about it, I think Adam Jensen is Patient X (or he is related to Patient X).

In the beginning of the game, it only mentions Patient X's DNA and genes.

If you look around Sarif Industries, there's mention that more sample of Patient X's tissues becoming available - six months after Adam Jensen nearly dies.

When you go to the LIMB clinic, Jensen notes that he should be on Neuropoyzene by now, but the nurse lady says that his bionics and biotics are actually becoming more integrated - just like Patient X

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2011, 12:43:15 am »

There's a series of sidequests where you find out more about Adam's background.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2011, 01:08:16 am »

You know, now that I think about it, I think Adam Jensen is Patient X (or he is related to Patient X).

In the beginning of the game, it only mentions Patient X's DNA and genes.

If you look around Sarif Industries, there's mention that more sample of Patient X's tissues becoming available - six months after Adam Jensen nearly dies.

When you go to the LIMB clinic, Jensen notes that he should be on Neuropoyzene by now, but the nurse lady says that his bionics and biotics are actually becoming more integrated - just like Patient X

There are plenty more hints scattered throughout the game, such as Patient X being somebody very close to Megan, and other pieces of information that can be discovered if you snoop around enough.

This is actually...

Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2011, 01:11:06 am »

Apparently I killed someone, despite being exceptionally careful not to kill anyone. I don't know how that works, unless robots/turrets count... Which they shouldn't.
Although there was that one point where:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14