Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Deus Ex Human Revolution Beta Leak  (Read 25471 times)

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Beta Leak
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2011, 11:51:35 pm »

No fixes for ya, but the game works fine for me, and by god it's amazing.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2011, 01:25:29 am »

i think they really captured the feel of the level design from the first game. That was my biggest concern, and they nailed it. They nailed it and improved on it. This game lives up to the legacy, a worthy sequel!

HUZZAH!
I got nothing

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2011, 03:24:30 am »

Okay, I bought the game off steam and this is annoying: Cutscenes. I can't view them. Both the opening and second cutscenes crash.

They start, then about half way through the sound starts to skip and loop and then the game crashes to desktop. This does not happen outside of cutscenes. Anybody got any ideas?

Try disabling DirectX 11. I had a different problem with the cutscenes and it stopped after I disabled.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:28:12 am by Toady Two »

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2011, 03:34:39 am »

Okay, I bought the game off steam and this is annoying: Cutscenes. I can't view them. Both the opening and second cutscenes crash.

They start, then about half way through the sound starts to skip and loop and then the game crashes to desktop. This does not happen outside of cutscenes. Anybody got any ideas?

I am so gonna rub it in your face so brace yourself.
THE GAME IS AWESOME SUCKS TO BE YOU!11!
Okay, check the steam cache , video card drivers, video codecs etc etc. Try admin mode.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2011, 02:24:21 pm »

I like how because I spent too much time exploring the Sarif HQ at the beginning while stuff needed to be done in a hurry,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2011, 02:58:15 pm »

Beaten it twice, 40 hours played.
First one, normal playthrough, stealth if possible, knockout if possible, lethal if not.

Second playthough, I never knocked out anyone, never killed anyone, and was never seen by anyone. It was quite fun, but I ended up with a ton of stuff from never using anything.
Which is why I ended the game with 25 frag mines, 15 emp mines, and 5 gas grenades. The funny thing is, despite me carrying around 3 guns, I only used the revolver. And even then, only actually shooting someone on the third boss/end of last.
Its really a fun game, but some bits are kinda either extremely hard or very easy.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2011, 09:22:34 am »

Hey, yeah. This is pretty sweet.

Spoiler: spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also fun: the escalator technicians. "You'd think they'd actually do something and not just sit there looking good. Damn budget cuts"
Long Live United Forenia!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2011, 10:07:25 am »

I was amused: If you poke around enough you'll see multiple references to the fact that the 4 message inbox limit on computers is actually a security measure. Even to the point of them receiving warnings about their inbox being too full because it has 2/4 messages allowed.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2011, 10:10:41 am »

Beaten it twice, 40 hours played.
First one, normal playthrough, stealth if possible, knockout if possible, lethal if not.

Second playthough, I never knocked out anyone, never killed anyone, and was never seen by anyone. It was quite fun, but I ended up with a ton of stuff from never using anything.
Which is why I ended the game with 25 frag mines, 15 emp mines, and 5 gas grenades. The funny thing is, despite me carrying around 3 guns, I only used the revolver. And even then, only actually shooting someone on the third boss/end of last.
Its really a fun game, but some bits are kinda either extremely hard or very easy.

So how did you get through the first and other bosses without shooting them?
I got nothing

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2011, 10:25:42 am »

I seriously can't beat the third boss.  I spent an hour and a half trying to kill him.  Playing on normal.

Any advice on how to kill him?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2011, 11:05:11 am »

Try disabling DirectX 11. I had a different problem with the cutscenes and it stopped after I disabled.

I fixed it. It seems Dues Ex does not like the Fraps counter. In game it's fine, but during the cutscenes it just goes to hell.

Actually I was trying to let's play this game, got about an hour in and when I checked what I'd done. Turns out Dues Ex also seems to fuck up my sound drivers and causes the microphone port to also capture the outgoing sound 0_o wtf? Seriously, the audio in jack starts picking up the game sound...which is weird. And it's not picking it up as background noise either, it's basically treating it as if the jack was also the stereo mix and doesn't fix that until I reboot the laptop...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2011, 11:28:28 am »

I fixed it. It seems Dues Ex does not like the Fraps counter. In game it's fine, but during the cutscenes it just goes to hell.

Actually I was trying to let's play this game, got about an hour in and when I checked what I'd done. Turns out Dues Ex also seems to fuck up my sound drivers and causes the microphone port to also capture the outgoing sound 0_o wtf? Seriously, the audio in jack starts picking up the game sound...which is weird. And it's not picking it up as background noise either, it's basically treating it as if the jack was also the stereo mix and doesn't fix that until I reboot the laptop...
Sounds like your computer has some issues beyond the game. O.o

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2011, 11:35:37 am »

Boss fights are pretty dumb , IMHO. worst part of the game for me. I ended up turning down the difficulty just for the fight, then back up for the rest of the game. If you specialize in sneaky, the bosses get hard to beat because you might not be carrying some high damage weapons. Just remember to collect some big weapons even if you never use them except for boss fights, you have to give up some inventory to carry those.
I got nothing

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2011, 11:41:47 am »

Boss fights are pretty dumb , IMHO. worst part of the game for me. I ended up turning down the difficulty just for the fight, then back up for the rest of the game. If you specialize in sneaky, the bosses get hard to beat because you might not be carrying some high damage weapons. Just remember to collect some big weapons even if you never use them except for boss fights, you have to give up some inventory to carry those.
Too true. I had to go back and replay a significant portion of the game because I hit the 2nd boss fight with nothing more than a heavily modded pistol which had served me well the entire game up to then. Also that bitch was tough.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2011, 11:46:31 am »

The boss fights are terrible (those that I've encountered thus far, anyway). The rest of the game is honestly way better than I expected.

I started out all non-lethal until I accidentally used a lethal takedown. Now I'm a combination of both ... which is fun. I just play each situation out however I like, non-lethal when it feels appropriate, bloodbath otherwise.

Except for the boss fights.  :( No real choices there.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14